S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• SMB no longer works how you would want it to,see here:-

SMB Blog

The work around is to add a network location to the server using an IP address.. Sucks but was the only way I could get it to work...

Ok! I do it by using the IP address of my computer. Thanks a lot! The only problem who is still remains is the dts sound which is not working (it's working like Dolby digital), and it's a general problem of all the 17 versions of Kodi

• Ok! I do it by using the IP address of my computer. Thanks a lot! The only problem who is still remains is the dts sound which is not working (it's working like Dolby digital), and it's a general problem of all the 17 versions of KodiDid

Did you re-install new LE8.2-rc2?

• Hello, I have a Matricom Gbox Q2 and read that this uses the S812 CPU. Is this correct? If yes, can I use Demetris' image files and which one should I flash? Also, where can I find the instructions to flash? Thanks!

• Hello, I have a Matricom Gbox Q2 and read that this uses the S812 CPU. Is this correct? If yes, can I use Demetris' image files and which one should I flash? Also, where can I find the instructions to flash? Thanks!

If you need WiFi these builds will not work for you. They do not support the AP6330 wifi chipset which is what the Q2 uses.

• Hi all, I need a big help .

I have a beelink s82plus (s812) with the original firmware (unusable) which I like to replace with librelelec but I don't know the exactly build that is compatible and that I can download .

I really appreciate any help

Thank you

• Hello, I have a box tv cs_812m8 v1.3, wanting to install libreelec on it has brick, is it possible to install a compatible version or not? If so, can you give me a link for the picture that fits my pattern. Thank you, sorry for my English I am French and I used Google translation 😆😆😆

• Hey there.

Loving this, my MXIII-G 2G has been dusted off and born again with LE installed. After a quick search though and no answer on this thread...

Is there a known issue or has anyone else had good/bad experience playing back H.265 files?

I've not looked in detail at the format etc yet figured saves a lot of wasted time if it is a known broken or only supporting set configurations.

So far 1080p via H.264 has been great and functioning 5.1 pass-thru so far on the few tested.

Thank you Demetris for all the work and anyone else in advance who may have a simple answer.

• S802/12 are able to play H265/HEVC at 4K2K = Ultra HD = 3820 x 2160 vs S905/12 that can do 4K = 4096 x 2160

And not because they are weak (they are faster that any S905 in existence) but because they use the 1.x HDMI protocol that has this limitation.

• Hello,

I have a MXIII-G 1Gb RAM with Librelec 7.0.1c from wilro_6276 and would like to update it to LE 8.02

How do you think is it better to do it?

I guess I need this file LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-MXIII-1G.tar or LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-MXIII-1G.img.gz from the link of the first post.

Should I copy the file into /storage/.update/ to proceed to the upgrade or is it better to start with a clean install from flashing the file through Recovery?

Many thanks in advance!

• Avok78

Am pretty sure i'll regret it after i do...1.2.3 My wifi doesn't work please fix. I hope next release will have wifi working.

But i will just ignore and move forward.

AHAHAH :)

There are many users that have the M8S+ and they don't care about the wifi.

You can make many people happy :D :D

Thanks!

• @godfather007

And all others with audio passthrough issues.

New LE8.2-RC2 is currently uploaded replacing the previous one.

Please check it out and report back.

Best Regards

Hi Demetris again thanks for all the time you are spending on all us helpless people,

i checked the new RC2 from 29-august, the passthrough is still not functioning.

I see the bug mentioned also at other platforms.

Is does appear most with AAC streams, which is what for example, covenant (exodus) uses most.

Whenever i play around with the "stereo upstream"-switch, audio returns to the TV.

I understood that kodi had been redesigned from the floor up and also the sound engine has received some changes.

This or driver is the issue.

Anyone has this working on the amlogic 8x2 series?

• Hi godfather007, in my Minix Neo X8-H (Amlogic S802-H), RC2 is working perfect! I'm using optical output.