Posts by orione7

Hi chewitt, Obviously it would be easier to manually enter the credentials, the problem arises if the device you are programming comes from someone who then has problems in entering data such as password, DNS, etc. again, or even just because there are so many SSIDs saved.

In the folder "connman" I found various folders named with a code that refers to the various SSID with inside the files "settings" where the credentials are saved then through SHH (Filezilla) I imported the various folders.

After a new installation of Libreelec I connected the device to the internet with my network and then via SHH I sent the various SSID folders previously saved with the "settings" files inside in the "connman" folder. Now when the device at boot no longer finds my network but finds one of the SSIDs in the folders with "AutoConnect=true" present in the "settings" file should connect automatically. Right? Or should I do something else?

EDIT: I did a test with an other device downgrading from LE 11.3 to LE 10.4 and as a description above I reinserted the various SSID folders previously saved in the "connman" folder of the new LE 10.4 .

Everything seems to be working. I repeat it seems. I just noticed that the entry "Frequency=" in the "settings" file is changed by itself from "Frequency=12345" to "Frequency=0".

Can someone please tell me where the WIFI credentials are stored in Libreelec installed on a Intel device (Generic)?

My goal is to take the file where the credentials are saved before I do another clean installation. I then want to re-insert the file with these credentials in the new installation via filezilla or putty. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

No I have same problem. Even in the stable releases the Legacy-Generic are absent (at lease for those coming from the stable releases of libreelec 10).

I think to fix it we need to create a new release.json. But nobody is so kind or enough patience to explain us how use the script-releases on github.

If someone help us I can upload and sharing on my server the relases.json and the Legacy-Generic version

@chewitt

Thank you for your reply. the problem is not for the devices with which I can access via SSH in that case I could also download the .gz and insert it directly in the "update" folder.

The problem is update the devices of my friends and family and then out of my network .

So if I tell them to write an address (url) in the "custom channels" they would be able, but definitely they do not have the ability to connect via SSH.

That's why the interest in the script-releases that would allow me to upload the generic-legacy version in a site and then with a simple link url they can update easily (at least I hope).

I would be curious to know why if I enter "https://test.libreelec.tv/releases.json" I see only the list of generic and not the list of generic-legacy instead via browser in the same address the generic-legacy are present.

We can use the script in Windows? In Windows I installed Python then I downloaded the script and unpacked. but when I open the file "releases.py" in the script nothing happens.

My goal is to update various intel nuc with Libreelec 11.0.1 and Libreelec 10.0.4 installed with Libreelec 11.0.3 Generic Legacy just by writing a url in the "Custom Channel".

I have installed the stock skin and language (Estuary, English), the issue also happen with the skin Confluence. I think the issue is not related to the skin but in general with Matrix version of Libreelec 10. I have only Zattoo pvr client installed and if I don't find a solution here I', forced to downgrade to the 9.2 and wait until a new version come out.

Update: just for test I tried the Generic build of nightly version Libreelec 11 and the crash with zattoo disappear. Unfortunately this version have other kind of problems for example not all repository work with it.

I also noticed same crash after installed Zattoo PVR on Libreelec 10.0.2 installed on intel Hardware (Intel Nuc). I don't know if is a problem of libreelec (last release) or zattoo pvr. I also reported it to rbuehlma author of Zattoo PVR. It is tested with the last release of Libreelec fresh installed and with only Zattoo PVR Client addon installed

Two options. Either have a look for dtech legacy images LE-9.2.8 builds for some Amlogic S905x, S802/S812 and S805 devices which gets you to LE 9.2.x with K19, or boot the LE11 "box" image from https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/ and see what S905 device-tree files (configured in uEnv.ini) get things working best. With the second option you will need to force recovery boot again to load new/different boot scripts. The LE11 images aren't quite as functional as legacy, but are still usable, and K20 is the future.

I'm sure I did same things in the wrong way but I make a usb with Libreelec usb-sd creator and "LibreELEC-KI-Plus.arm-9.2.8.3.img.gz" from the first option then unplug my box insert the usb then the toothpick method and then Plugged the power supply after that I turn on the box by click on power button (if I don't click on the power button it wont turn on). After 5-6 sec I released the toothpick but nothing happen just black screen I also tried the second option (that would be my preferred option) but I don't know how force recovery boot. I tried this LibreELEC-AMLMX.arm-10.85.0-box.img.gz with the same method I did with the first option with just edit the uEnv.ini. but also with this method I think I did a mess. Thanks a million for you help

Who told you that you absolutely need to use the haswell one? That's simply a build done with gcc -march=haswell. Use any .img.gz and try harder. There's tons of threads on this forum with the same issue.

Hi, is strange but seems that the only one that let work properly the wifi chip (7265) in my nuc is your Haswell build. After I tried your Haswell build I tried also tons of others build, but all with the same problem, slow connection and lots of drops. instead with your build I din't find any problems in regard wifi connection.

Hi Escalade, could you please tell me how do a clean installation with the .tar file? I can't find the .img file in your Haswell folder. I also tried to resize the 512mb (system partition) with gparted but isn't possible, then I resize the storage partition in 2 partition of 8gb each, but still the upgrade fail. The strange is that I did the upgrade around 2 days ago with just split the Storage partition but now doesn't work anymore.

Hi. hope this is the right place to post ,

I have a intel nuc 5i3ryh and I tried to install the Haswell .tar on top of LibreElec but after start the upgrade process a message appears that I do not have enough space in my fat partition to install it. and suggest to resize at least to 512mb.

My partiton is 512mb and 15 GB of storage so how can I resolve this problem?

Thanks alot for your help