WiFi credentials

• Can someone please tell me where the WIFI credentials are stored in Libreelec installed on a Intel device (Generic)?

My goal is to take the file where the credentials are saved before I do another clean installation. I then want to re-insert the file with these credentials in the new installation via filezilla or putty. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

• Creds are stored in /storage/.cache/connman/<service>/settings .. where <service> is something unique based on the SSID used, etc.

However the file is "managed" by ConnMan so you need to stop the connman service to copy the file over and then restart connman. The challenge will be that when you stop or restart connman you may be disconnected. IMHO it's much easier to just re-enter the passphrase; and if you've chosen one that's long and complicated do it via SSH:

connmanctl

agent on

scan wifi

connect <service>

<enter password>

• Hi chewitt, Obviously it would be easier to manually enter the credentials, the problem arises if the device you are programming comes from someone who then has problems in entering data such as password, DNS, etc. again, or even just because there are so many SSIDs saved.

In the folder "connman" I found various folders named with a code that refers to the various SSID with inside the files "settings" where the credentials are saved then through SHH (Filezilla) I imported the various folders.

After a new installation of Libreelec I connected the device to the internet with my network and then via SHH I sent the various SSID folders previously saved with the "settings" files inside in the "connman" folder. Now when the device at boot no longer finds my network but finds one of the SSIDs in the folders with "AutoConnect=true" present in the "settings" file should connect automatically. Right? Or should I do something else?

EDIT: I did a test with an other device downgrading from LE 11.3 to LE 10.4 and as a description above I reinserted the various SSID folders previously saved in the "connman" folder of the new LE 10.4 .

Everything seems to be working. I repeat it seems. I just noticed that the entry "Frequency=" in the "settings" file is changed by itself from "Frequency=12345" to "Frequency=0".

Edited 5 times, last by orione7 (September 5, 2023 at 7:52 PM).

• LE is intentionally appliance-like and not really designed for pre-configuration of services. ConnMan manages the content of the settings file for any specific ethernet/wifi service. This means if you edit the file while ConnMan is running it has no knowledge of your change and it will probably be overwritten when ConnMan updates something (can happen during normal operations or shutdown). The two supported ways for changing connection info are the settings add-on or connmanctl. If you want to do other things and it 'seems' to work, that's fine. But if/when 'seems' is proven wrong .. it's not something we support.

• I read multiple threads here and there is no way to connect to a wifi network using a different wifi network.

The settings add-on times out on longer passphrases and connmanctl drops the connection before I can enter the passphrase.

I have no ethernet connection. Please help me if you can