S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Hi Demetris,

thank you for the new (test-)version. I've tested it on my MX-III-1G. It works nice and stable . I'd only realised some minor things:

1) I came from 8.0.2b and the update process was a bit confusing, because after copying the img.gz file into the update folder and restarting the box, it displayed only the libreelec logo without showing any message. For a while, I thougt I bicked my box. After several minutes, the box boooted again and the update was done.

2) the command "fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p50hz" and "fw_setenv outputmode 1080p50h" dosn't work from shell. It drops an error.

3) My box shows only 512MB Ram in libreelec system information. In former version it showed approx 750MB. I think it has 1G Ram.

regards,

ippon

• When I load the MXIII-1G onto sd card and try to boot from it with toothpick, all i get is the recovery console. It doesnt boot into LibreElec. Is there something im missing with this new files? Ive done this a million times, just not sure why its not working with this file.

• Hi,

Just wanted to share that i experience the passthrough-bug.

Just tried the RC1 on my 802 device (mx3 4k)

My minix 8h (812) has the same problem .... with the 24 june-version.

If i'm not mistaken: version before was working ok.

Now, when i start a stream i'm missing the sound, until i change " stereo upmix" once or twice / even when i turn on or off the receiver

• Hello Demetris,

thumbs up for all the effort! I'm happy i discovered your libreelec-image else i would probably replace the 2 boxes.

Just tried RC2 on my MXIII (2GB) to see if the sound passthrough problem disappears. Unfortunately not :(

It appears to happen only with AAC-audio streams... when it happens (almost any stream through any online plugin) i turn on my receiver and the sound becomes audible. Whenever i FastForward in the stream it loses the audio again and simply have to turn it off and the sound returns through TV (chaotic)..

I know that a few versions back (i believe 8.0.1) the problem was not present.

Do you have the equipment to verify?

Martijn

• Hi, can anyone advise what to use/download for an Xtreamwer Wonder? As I can't clearly find it in the options that are available.

Specs are:

Chipset: Quad Core Amlogic S812-H, (w/ Dolby+DTS) Cortex-A9, upto 2.0GHz

GPU: 8 Core Mali-450

Memory: FLASH: 16GB eMMC ver 5.0, SDRAM: 2GB DDR3

Thanks for the advise

• Hello everyone.

I have a MX III 2G (I think).

I've tried many images but I can't succeed to end a boot.

I have flashed the dualboot zip file successfully. It tries to boot from sd but or I have a blank screen or, with latest RC 2 , I have a message of corrupted fs:

Corrupt System/Repair Failed (and fails the check).

Any idea?

Can you confirm which is the correct image for my device?

• You might want to try it in USB (try all ports). Write a new version to SD and do the toothpick thing then reboot but don't let it do the file-check thing, which it seems to do because its not correctly set up to boot from SD for this particular box. Then reboot with it in USB (if you have a USB card-reader). Try all ports. Mine only works on one USB port.

• You might want to try it in USB (try all ports). Write a new version to SD and do the toothpick thing then reboot but don't let it do the file-check thing, which it seems to do because its not correctly set up to boot from SD for this particular box. Then reboot with it in USB (if you have a USB card-reader). Try all ports. Mine only works on one USB I'

I've tried every usb port, but it starts boot only from SD. I tried now Openelec and it boot correctly from SD.

Thanks

• I did the same and now it works.

thank you:)

Edited 2 times, last by patomas (August 29, 2017 at 8:13 PM).

• Hello. I have a MXIII-G and I update to 8.2rc2. I notice these issues :

1. I can't see anymore the files I share from my PC by SMB windows network

2. When I opened my TV my TV box automatically opened. Also when I was closing the TV box my TV automatically closing. But after the update I can't do it anymore

• Hello. I have a MXIII-G and I update to 8.2rc2. I notice these issues :

1. I can't see anymore the files I share from my PC by SMB windows network

2. When I opened my TV my TV box automatically opened. Also when I was closing the TV box my TV automatically closing. But after the update I can't do it anymore

SMB no longer works how you would want it to,see here:-

SMB Blog

The work around is to add a network location to the server using an IP address.. Sucks but was the only way I could get it to work...