S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• LE 9.0 Stable is out and i can no longer build so many images as before due to lag of time,the amount of time the new build system needs to finish and the fact that i already ruined 2 hdd in the process.

So,

I will release LE9.x images for only for the two devices i own

- MXIII-PLUS/MXIII-G/PROBOX2-EX-PLUS

- S82/S82B/S82H/MXIII/S89/S89H

and that's it.

LE9 with Kodi Leia 18.6 for S82 and MXIII-PLUS

StackPath

OLD & Depreciated releases

S82 & MXIII_PLUS LE9.0 Stable:

StackPath

LE 9.0.2(Leia 18.2):

gateway

OLD VERSIONS BELOW

So i happened to see drieschel work stalled,
    So i decided to open a new one with my builds, i like to go stable so dont ask rolling builds
    and i only have an S802 [Beelink S82, Orbsmart S82, Tronsmart S89(-H), MXIII(2G)]

For S82/S82B/S82H/MXIII(1G&2G DDR) and S89/S89H this image will allow you to boot from sdcard:

RemiX_115k4.zip

I have added support for S812 boxes too!
    - MXIII-PLUS/MXIII-G/PROBOX2-EX-PLUS

Image Name: LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2-MXIII-PLUS

- Minix X8H-PLUS

Image Name: LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2-X8H-PLUS

- M8S-PLUS
    Image Name:
    LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2-M8S-PLUS
    But note that my builds for other boards are always been builded and released untested!
    Download Links:
    Krypton:8.xx
    LE-8.0
    Download Links:

downloads for Amlogic MXQ TV Box by Demetris. | AndroidFileHost.com | Download GApps, PA GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers

S8X2 LE-8.0.1 & LE-8.0.2 & LE-8.2 images
    downloads for Amlogic MXQ TV Box by Demetris. | AndroidFileHost.com | Download GApps, PA GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers

- Kernel updated to latest 3.10.108 LTS
    - LE upstream updates
    - 5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
    - 7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
    - Support for 48000Hz vs 44100Hz rates as previously yay!!
    I hope there's someone able to test it as i don't have any capable equipment around here :)
    Enjoy!

Jarvis:7.xx
    Enjoy!
    You can always find changelog in this link:
    LibreELEC
    LE8-Source

If you get the following : ERROR: LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-XX.tar is not compatible with XXX.arm hardware - update cancelled.

Download this

.nocompat

Unzip it and copy it to /storage/.update/

With the image you want to flash

Or login to box with ssh prior to flash and issue this command:

# touch /storage/.update/.nocompat

You can buy me a beer if you feel like it, through PAYPAL on

PayPal.Me

Edited 5 times, last by Demetris (June 7, 2017 at 9:22 PM).

• I'll give this a try, I have the TRMK1, drieschel ROM works very well for me except I have no wifi. Will see how this fairs up. Thank you demetris I will leave you some feed back once I have time to have a play

Sent from my S600 using Tapatalk

• @Demitris,

If you plan to drieschel's successor, you will need to publish your sources as well. Otherwise, this thread will be removed. There are rules.

Publishing LibreELEC builds on the LibreELEC forum without accompanying sources on Github is not acceptable.

• Do you have any more info on the build as well?
    (compared to the Drieschel build?)
    Like fixed issues, known issues?

(I'd like to give it a try later on an OTT EM8 2GB, which is the main living room player at the moment, so I appreciate the stable approach)

• Do you have any more info on the build as well?
    (compared to the Drieschel build?)
    Like fixed issues, known issues?

(I'd like to give it a try later on an OTT EM8 2GB, which is the main living room player at the moment, so I appreciate the stable approach)

I only pull upstream fixes from where drieschel stopped so i have an up2date branch with LibreELEC stable one.
    I can switch you guys to latest 3.10.104 LTS but only if is really needed.
    Regards

• LibreELEC
    if it wouldn't be to much trouble, could you possibility look at adding the WiFi drivers that deezel posted on this thread please
    Many thanks and all the best
    Paul

Sent from my S600 using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by chunk1982 (December 9, 2016 at 12:26 AM).

• Demetris,

Can you get your source up on Github ?

I've been doing S802 M8 builds for a couple of months now. First started using drieschel's and surkovalex's source as a starting point. But, moved my last 2 builds to a fork of kszaq's source...

I have source and builds up for 7.0 [Kodi 16.1] and 7.9x [Kodi 17 RC3]...

I did a few patches for some Bluetooth issues, Power Off, Suspend and Temp/Thermal...
    I also did a patch for the built-in LibreELEC Update code to point to my own Web Site directory. Since the Official Update Server has no Amlogic Project's or Devices.

I'd be interested in working with you for hosting your builds and trying to work it into my Update Server if you'd like. I only have an S802 M8-2Gb device (Matricom G-Box Q).

My source is here - GitHub - DoritosVodka/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI
    My Update Server Releases location - Index of /LibreELEC/releases

• Hi,
    just wish to say thank you, Demetris
    its quite a improvement... no more out of the sync audio
    on the 7.95...on my s89-h

Cheers.., and keepup the good work

update: even usbdac dragonfly works!

Edited once, last by mitchell4you (February 1, 2017 at 7:47 AM).

• Hi, interesting project! Is this also works for the Minix 8H?

You have to test as i don't have that box sorry, but you can easily reverse to official OS from sdcard.
    [hr]

Am more than happy to see you working on this soc but am more interested in Lakka development(am part of the team) i'm just doing this also as its very close to lakka source and i like to tinker with it for fun and learning.
    I would be very happy to work with you.
    [hr]
    Good news guys!!!
    New build will support:
    1) 5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
    2) 7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
    3) Support for 48000Hz vs 44100Hz rates as previously yay!!
    I hope someone could be able to test it as i dont have any capable equipment around here :)

Edited once, last by Demetris (January 25, 2017 at 1:58 PM).

• I've been doing S802 M8 builds for a couple of months now. First started using drieschel's and surkovalex's source as a starting point. But, moved my last 2 builds to a fork of kszaq's source...

I was trying also to combine surkovalex's and kszaq's sources to build LibreElec for my eny M8S, because kszaq's build for the MK808B+ is a lot better then the build for the M8S from amlinux.ru. But I don't manage to build an image, everytime I fixed an error I get a new error. It takes a lot of time to go through all the scripts and files to find the cause of the error. I have a lot of appreciation for the guys that manage to build it for new platforms and even more for those that fix stuff and try to improve the kernel for those specific platforms so others can enjoy it.

• roel my source is ready to also build for (MXIII-1G),(M8),(T8) i just need the time and the motivation so if you guys have any request i can do it but bare in mind that updates cant be done so frequently for obvious reasons.

• Really nice job but can you make lirc for (mceusb) work in this build ? cuz that chinese remotes are ... :D
    I lost one day trying everything and i think there is some kernel modules missing for lirc

• Demetris

Thanks for the suggestion, but I will try until it works. It should be good I can compile the base system and starting from there to ad my own wishes to the system and not to rely on somebody else to do it.
    I'm so glad with the foundation of the LibreELEC community and the fact they are possitive to community builds I prefer to show them the respect to try it myself so if I ask a question I can do it in a more 'to the point' way. So they have more time making LibreELEC better, and in our case helping mainline the amlogic kernel.