S802 devices

• Hi there,

tried to update my latest codesnake build for M8 wich worked on my mxiii 2g S802 and after reboot got stuck on this error: could not mount /flash/SYSTEM

cant acess tty: job control turned off

lol weird

i typed exit comand and restarted and updated but i cant see no letters on the menus, managed to restart again and the problem persists

How can i fix or restore librelec install?

Should i try to update the tar file again?

updated to restore and it finished the install, and a no go, some letters where not showing on the menus, then i restarted again and it worked, everything is working fine i suppose, at least it shows up fine.

seems like iam talking to myself but i was writing and testing, seems like problem solved if someone as the same error by updating with tar.

:) thanks for all the work of devs responsible for this and for the support.

• I'e a problem with CEC with one of my Philips TV. The newer recognise only UP-down ok back... And action is done when i press The Numbers of The TV remote while, in The older Philips or panasonic they're working fine. If you need i can provide some debug info if you let me know how, Thanks for The great work!

• Just upgrade from OE to LE 7.0.2-2 for my MX-III 2GB and finally it's possible to save the IP assigned over reboot...

I have a MXIII 2GB box as well, which exact version of the LE firmware did you use? MXIII-1G, S82, M8 or T8?
    Your answer will save me a lot of trial and error! :)

• The signature should be okay but I will try on one of my boxes!

I have a MXIII 2GB box as well, which exact version of the LE firmware did you use? MXIII-1G, S82, M8 or T8?
    Your answer will save me a lot of trial and error! :)

Try the one for S82 in the testing folder (Index of /LibreELEC/S82/testing).

• Thanks Drieschel! I'll try that one!
    What do you recommend? Installing it via SD and hidden button or via first going to the recovery menu and then selecting EXT > sdcard? I want to install it on NAND.

Update:
    I found it out. The best way to flash it, is first to flash it by USB Burning tool to stock Android and then flash it via microSD via the hidden update button method. First impressions are good, everything seems to work. If I encounter issues I will report.

Edited once, last by Bruur (September 30, 2016 at 7:54 PM).

• I found an issue with the LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-7.0-devel-20160815122240-r23306-gd4a3717.zip firmware on an MX-III 2GB box:

When selecting an output audio device in system settings, the only choices are:

Output audio device:

• ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, Analog
    • ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, S/PDIF
    • PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)

But no:

• ALSA: AML-M8Audio, HDMI

This option is needed when you connect your box to a AV Receiver via HDMI and it gets its audio signal via Passthrough. This output audio device is present in M8S+ versions of LibreElec

Edited once, last by Bruur (October 2, 2016 at 11:15 AM).

• @drieschel

I flashed your bulid for the M8 s802 and notice the remote doesnt work... and I think the problem is because on your github the file is called amremote.config instead of just remote.config...

amremote

would you mind if you have time fixing this and uploading a new bulid...

thanks allot for your time and keeping this box going.

• Hi,
    First thanks for bringing libreelec to the s802 and supporting it
    *i have the vega s89H with libreelec v8 and the beelink s85 with libreelec v7

So, installed the LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-8.0.0-2-alpha-devel
    And it works pretty well.. except
    Im a usbdac user (audioquest dragonfly 1.2 and 1.5)
    With volume set to max...little sound..with sw amplifier set to max..i get low sound
    I tried.. spdif/direct/ch upscaling.. etc, but no joy

Any hits/advice

• Hi

I have the vega s89H with Openelec instaled internal memory (NAND) , I want Install Libreelec ,
    I do not know which version to use and also do not know how to install, someone could help me

• Hi

I have the vega s89H with Openelec instaled internal memory (NAND) , I want Install Libreelec ,
    I do not know which version to use and also do not know how to install, someone could help me

Hi,
    Download the zip file...
    Extract : i will see 2 file's (sometimes 3)
    Take a sdcard...format as fat32
    Copy the extract files to the sdcard
    Poweroff s89...place sdcard in device
    Inside the av-port is the reset button use toothpick hold button
    Powerup s89 while holding button down...10sec release
    Now you are at androids recovery : update should start
    *If not..select update from sdcard..select zip
    Done..

Goodluck

V7= more userfriendly and stable
    V8=is alpha version...but seems to work oke

Edited once, last by mitchell4you (October 11, 2016 at 12:11 PM).

• Thanks Friend

I can update only put the file (tar) in the Update folder openlec

• oke.. V8 - just using this post...I update as I go
    error msg kodi log:
    caesinkalsa:: handle errors(pcm_write - error 19 :no such device
    error:unable to load libamplayer.so not open shared object file: no such file or dir
    error gl yuv2rgbglslshader unsupported format

libreelec log...
    pastbin/twnuPVbA =system log
    pastbin/bHqVSJ0h =audio.log
    pastbin/0amcL9KS =kodi.log1
    pastbin/dqLMUin7 =Kofi.log2

debug showing CPU usage :s89h is idling at 24%
    160% = 1 core always 100% / 1core always 60%...other just sleeping =was when I opened the Kodi.log (even after X)

Edited once, last by mitchell4you (October 13, 2016 at 8:52 PM).

• The signature should be okay but I will try on one of my boxes!

did you try and see if it worked ?