Posts by Bruur

Can anybody help me? I use a S905x tvbox and I use this build on it. :Index of /s905/8.2/8.2.3.1

My problem is with live tv. specially watching pvr.

I have a payed iptv account for television. While watching a channel there are not much problems, as long as it is left alone. The problem is with scrolling through the channel list. Suddenly the box freezes, the only solution is to take out the power connector and put it back to restart the box. This happens in iptv pvr simple client, sometimes in the channel list, in the epg listings and sometimes on the "recently played" selections. It never happens when I use other apps.

sometimes it keeps working good for some time, another day I need to restart every 5 minutes. Very annoying and unpredictable.

Try this alternative PVR client: pvr.iptvsimple.multi-4.0.3 (Google it and you will find it).

I've found that it contains some bugfixes which makes it much more tolerant for M3U playlists. It is much more stable in my experience on LibreELEC S905(X) boxes.

Hi Kszaq I've update mxq s905x with ssv6051 I get 2 wifi options wlan0 and p2p0 wlan wont connect only p2p0 also settings not retained.i;ve used evice tree from s905/8.2/device_trees/S905X and gxl_p212_1g_nand device tree any suggestion please

I can confirm this on my MXQ Pro S905X box. With the new .tar and devicetree the box only connects to the p2p0 networks and everytime a boot up the box the WiFi setting is toggled off and I have to setup a connection again.

Please read OP carefully - especially the part about device tree.

7.0 builds will not be updated.

Doh! Thanks for pointing that out,! I misread it and understood using this devicetree only applied when migrating from a 7.x build. I'll try it later today and let you know! So, having a S905X is not an issue?

No problem about the 7.0 build. I had to ask ;)

Thanks for this! And I'm happy the source code has been released! Big win for open source!

I updated a MXQ Pro with a S905X and a SSV6051 WiFi chip. It was running on 8.0.2e on NAND. After updating it with LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-20170830_SSV6051.tar the box didn't boot up again and was stuck on the MXQ Pro logo.

The update wasn't made for S905X?

Also, it would be nice if it would also work on the 7.x (Kodi 16) builds, which I consider te be more stable for daily use. But my priority is to have it working in general on the MXQ Pro.

kszaq I have a new S905X MXQ Pro box and a Wifi chip that is not working under LibreElec 7 or 8. I've tried all devicetrees, but using gxl_p212_1g.dtb and gxl_p212_1g_nand.dtb (no difference) seem working the best because the USB ports work with these. But on none of them wifi works.

The result of udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio* is:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*
    P: /devices/d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: DEVPATH=/devices/d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: MODALIAS=sdio:c07v3030d3030
    E: SDIO_CLASS=07
    E: SDIO_ID=3030:3030
    E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

It it possible to create a devictree for an S905X 1GB box with support for this Wifi chip?

Same issue here.

I've seen many MX boxes fail this way. In my experience its only a matter of time and this problem will show up.

This problem might not be due to the software. The MX box is quite old (2013 is ancient history when it comes to mediaplayers) and a lot of them have been used extensively. There is a thing called NAND flash wear-out it means that due to a lot of read/write cycles the memory deteriorates. On top of this, I think that the NAND drivers do not contain the latest workarounds for this problem. Also these boxes were not made from the best quality NAND chips. I'm guessing that a lot carry NAND Flash memory which were cheaper because they were rejected by the NAND chip factory quality control requirements.

The reason a reinstall triggers this problem is because this proces wipes the memory and rewrites a relative large percentage of the storage. The probability of encountering a bad part in this case is very high.

Have you tried the long press I suggested before?
    Have you triedthe power off method settings in LE?

The Q-Box does not have a physical power button which you can long press. Long pressing the power button on remote is the same as a normal press. The box reboots.
    I've tried different power off settings in the Kodi System settings (suspend, shutdown). But still no complete power off. Or are you referring to different settings?

By the way, I also disabled CEC settings in the Kodi System settings.

Your box would not boot if you flashed a device tree for wrong ethernet speed.

OK, I'll tell you which device trees I tried. I managed to install using the following device trees. LibreElec booted, but ethernet connected through a weird IP (169.* instead of 192.*) and no data came through. Wifi didn't work either.

• gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb
    • gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb
    • gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb

The following device trees didn't work (LibreElec would startup from SD)

• gxbb_p201.dtb
    • gxl_p212_2g.dtb

The only device trees which resulted in Ethernet with a working connection and Wifi were:

• the default dtb.img
    • gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb

Maybe this gives a hint which hardware is in the box and why I have powering down issues.

1. From a terminal you can use the 'ethtool eth0' command to see the capabilities of your lan.

Thanks for this! This resulted in:

So, the speed is actually 100 mbps :( Bummer.
    Might this be because I have the wrong device tree, with no support for S905x, 2GB AND 1 gigabyte Ethernet?

And could this explain the issue of not wanting to power down?

Have you checked the ethernet (it's really gigabit)?
    Have you tried to hold the power button for a few seconds?

I would like to know too! All other device trees without 1GB LAN resulted in no working Ethernet connection. Sometimes it received an IP address (starting with 169.) but no connectivity. In my experience this happens when the device tree for ethernet is wrong. I tied all device trees for boxes with 2GB on board. Do you have any pointers for me how to test if the ethernet is actually gigabit?

The box doesn't have a powerbutton, it is only powered on by remote and off course the powerplug.

And, indeed I'm merely guessing. A previous Q-box I received a month ago didn't work with the S905x devicetree's. This one does, but also with the default devicetree.
    [hr]
    I forget to mention a detail. The Android version on the previous box was 5, on the new box it is 6. Maybe the new firmware is the cause?

I received this week a new Q-Box (S905, 2GB / 16GB, 1GB Ethernet). I installed 7.0.3.012i temp_sensor_disabled succesfully to NAND. It works using the default device tree but also with gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb. I'm guessing it's actually an S905x box because of this.

The problem is powering the box off. The red power button on the box reboots the box. Using the power menu results in this behaviour:

• Shutdown: results in a reboot
    • Suspend: brings the box into sleep (led light stays on)

When doing a suspend, wake up and performing a shutdown the box actually powers down (led light goes off). It can be powered on again using the red power button.

I've tried all tricks I know to make this box shutdown such as using a custom shutdown.sh script. When using SSH using commands such as: halt, shutdown-P, the box doesn't properly poweroff (reboots or even hangs). It is not possible to make a script for first performing a suspend and then a shutdown, simply because after a suspend no more script code is executed.

Any ideas how to make the box powerdown properly and in 1 action?

i have a question, i want add on the remote control a shortcut to scan video library and clean video library(on 2 different button),do u know the code? i search on google but i find nothing

Install the Add-on Keymap Editor. It's in the official Kodi repository, so it's not hard to find. Using this Add-on, which will be installed under Programs, you can set any key on your remote control to control a certain function of your choosing in Kodi. Of course the key on the remote should give out a signal that is recognised by the box to do so.