[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Have you tried the long press I suggested before?
    Have you triedthe power off method settings in LE?

The Q-Box does not have a physical power button which you can long press. Long pressing the power button on remote is the same as a normal press. The box reboots.
    I've tried different power off settings in the Kodi System settings (suspend, shutdown). But still no complete power off. Or are you referring to different settings?

By the way, I also disabled CEC settings in the Kodi System settings.

Edited once, last by Bruur (March 2, 2017 at 8:25 AM).

• Thank you for your quick response but as total windows user I got no idea how to relate kernel 3.x with other kernels.

Could you have a look in to this post and tell me if this is possible that smp bug could exist in your images ?

What post?

• Yes. Refresh rate works perfect. I just changed vertical sync to "always" in system video settings. Otherwise playback was jerky.

Very odd that as it was this very setting being always enabled that caused me so much problem with losing all control when many video streams started playing where I had to wait several seconds to several minutes or even to wating for the video to finish playing to finally regain control with the remote or keyboard/mouse. Only way other than sometimes to have to wait for video stream to finfish was to hard power off reboot.

That vertical sync setting set to teh default "Let Driver Decide" cured this problem that I had completely, as I stated in an earlier post. Can you check this out too with your having it now set as "Always Enabled", and can others check this too to see if they get this loss of control when some video streams start playing ?

Have to say my MXQ M12CX S905X 1Gb/8GB box is working brilliantly with the latest LE7.0.3.012j build. There is absolutley nothing to complain about so far with this excelletn build, so all credit to Kszaq. At the price and the look feel this great littel box is certainly IMHO a recommended one for LE7. However, there just seems to be some problem with availability for some odd reason even though it is a fairly new model.

Have a Beelink Mini MXIII II S905X 2GB/16GB ordered (could not source at a good price any lower memory versions as frankly 1GB/8GB is enough for LE7 IMHO) and now on it's way to me for testing, so will see just how good it is as members here have reported. I see it has dual band WiFi and Bluetooth included which is not in the MXQ M12CX box's spec, so may be worth the small extra cost anyway. Will more importantly check out just how well it performs with normal online and local video streaming as compared to the so far faultless MXQ M12CX box.

RayW

Yes. Refresh rate works perfect. I just changed vertical sync to "always" in system video settings. Otherwise playback was jerky.

Very odd that as it was this very setting being always enabled that caused me so much problem with losing all control when many video streams started playing where I had to wait several seconds to several minutes or even to wating for the video to finish playing to finally regain control with the remote or keyboard/mouse. Only way other than sometimes to have to wait for video stream to finfish was to hard power off reboot.

That vertical sync setting set to teh default "Let Driver Decide" cured this problem that I had completely, as I stated in an earlier post. Can you check this out too with your having it now set as "Always Enabled", and can others check this too to see if they get this loss of control when some video streams start playing ?

Have to say my MXQ M12CX S905X 1Gb/8GB box is working brilliantly with the latest LE7.0.3.012j build. There is absolutley nothing to complain about so far with this excelletn build, so all credit to Kszaq. At the price and the look feel this great littel box is certainly IMHO a recommended one for LE7. However, there just seems to be some problem with availability for some odd reason even though it is a fairly new model.

Have a Beelink Mini MXIII II S905X 2GB/16GB ordered (could not source at a good price any lower memory versions as frankly 1GB/8GB is enough for LE7 IMHO) and now on it's way to me for testing, so will see just how good it is as members here have reported. I see it has dual band WiFi and Bluetooth included which is not in the MXQ M12CX box's spec, so may be worth the small extra cost anyway. Will more importantly check out just how well it performs with normal online and local video streaming as compared to the so far faultless MXQ M12CX box.

I was experiencing similar problem but it was related to Keymap editor addon. For some reason the OSD during playback stopped responding and I had to wait for about a minute before the remote control did work again. Uninstalling Keymap editor did not help so I had to install LE from the beginning but before that I copied conf file created by Keymap editor and paste it back when new LE instalation was finished.
    The freezing OSD problem was gone and my personal remote configuration was working as expected (without Keymap editor addon).
    I dont think it was related to vertical sync setting in my case.
    There can be some minor differences between those boxes. I own a Tanix TX5 Pro.
    I am impressed what kszaq did with those builds.
    Android Kodi is stable but no support for changing refresh rate is painful. There are some workaround to enable it with fswitch script but its buggy and doesn't work well with HEVC videos (stuttering during playback, seek problems).
    [hr]
    kszaq
    All videos with E-AC3 sound are out of sync and need 125ms delay adjust. Some files with Dolby Digital sound also suffers from this issue. Is it a bug or is that normal?
    Is there way to fix it and tell Kodi that only files with E-AC3 sound need adjustement? advancedsettings.xml and latency setting delays sound to every file, no matter which audio codec is used.
    My box is connected to the TV just with HDMI. Passthrough is disabled.

P.S. I checked those files on a PC and it looks like slight audio delay is also present using MPC Player. In that case it cannot be Kodis fault.

Edited once, last by yatoya (March 3, 2017 at 1:47 PM).

• Hi Yatoya

Are you sure that it was not due to the Vertical Sync being enabled ? Reason I ask that is that of course when you installed a fresh LE7 by default KODI 16.1 will have the Vertical Sync option set to Let Driver Decide, which then would AFAIK automatically elimate this temporary loss of control problem when running up video streams.

Cheers
    RayW

Edited once, last by RayW (March 4, 2017 at 9:22 AM).

Hi Yatoya

Are you sure that it was not due to the Vertical Sync being enabled ? Reason I ask that is that of course when you installed a fresh LE7 by default KODI 16.1 will have the Vertical Sync option set to Let Driver Decide, which then would AFAIK automatically elimate this temporary loss of control problem when running up video streams.

Cheers
    RayW

Yes, I'm sure. I have set the vertical sync to 'always' and it runs super smooth without any problems. No freezes, no stuttering, no OSD/remote control problem. Everything works with local as well with streamed videos.

• Quick Question:

I do have pluged in an bluetooth usb connector. It is recognized by LE and i also can connect my xiaomi gamepad.

But LE does not react on put in's by my gamepad....wheel, buttons and so on. I cannot navigate, it happens nothing.

Do i have to load up any file to make LE working for bluetooth control ?

Thanks!

Edited once, last by Natascha303 (March 4, 2017 at 1:46 PM).

• Very odd that as it was this very setting being always enabled that caused me so much problem with losing all control when many video streams started playing where I had to wait several seconds to several minutes or even to wating for the video to finish playing to finally regain control with the remote or keyboard/mouse. Only way other than sometimes to have to wait for video stream to finfish was to hard power off reboot.

RayW

Hi RayW,
    You can't go wrong with the Beelink MXIII II That's what I have and it is the best box I've ever had.
    Remember to pick the correct device tree you need one for S905X. There is only 2 to choose.
    [hr]

RayW

You can get the remote.conf file from the remote repository thread.
    Also one you have basic LE up and running you can use Samba to just drop the remote.conf file into the Configs folder. On restart your remote will work and when you flash to internal the remote will work also.
    You may have to run install to internal twice otherwise you will get an boot error.

Edited once, last by kodiuser1 (March 4, 2017 at 2:58 PM).

• Ok Thanks.
    I think it was related to advancedsettings.xml

Do you advise change settings on advancedsettings.xml to?

The recommendation is to stay stock. If you want to adjust them, it's up to your setup/liking.