Posts by chunk1982

good morning Demetris

well i didnt give up on trying to flash an S812 bootloader to the old M8C variant lol.

as of right now the box is actually running android 5.1.1, i used usb burning tools to flash MXIII-G_108L1_Tronsmart.img then used TWRP to flash matricom's boot.img.

android is running ok, wifi is not working but im not bothered about that as its hard wired any ways BUT it does NOT adjust refresh rate at all.

now this is where things get interesting....

as i previously reported any of your S8X2 builds "stop/lockup" 2 cores on my box, the last one to work flawlessly was LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-8.0.RC4.img

now the box is running Tronsmart android this ALSO "stop/lockup" 2 cores!!!! to fix this i rooted then installed no-frills cpu and set the governor to ondemand and the I/O scheduler to noop and rebooted box. now the cores all working as they should!

the box does now boot from sd card and i have tried booting the following

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-MXIII-PLUS.img results in libreelec logo in top left corner, then starts loading kernel modules then loads with no wifi and 2 cores locked up

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.2-MXIII-PLUS.img loads the libreelec logo fine but then loads kernel modules before finally booting with no wifi and 2 cores locked up

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-M8.img fails to boot with "detected file corruption"

could the 2 cores being "stopped/lockedup" have anything to do with libreelec's I/O scheduler and/or governor? is there a way i can change it and if so how?

is there any more info i can send you to help?

as always thank you for taking the time away from your loved ones to provide me and mine with some truly awesome stuff!!!!

many thanks and all the best

paul

there is a .nocompat file download link in the pinned post with instructions.

Use the S8x2 M8 file.

You could download the update as a .tar and place it and the . nocompat file from first post in your .update folder 😉

I've been trying to load the latest LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.6_20180122-LAN_100.img.gz onto my Matricom Q2 using the toothpick reset method to no avail. I've flashed the .img file using the LibreELEC tool for the Mac. I also wrote the .img using the MacOS DiskUtil terminal commands to both an SD and a USB and inserted both into the Q2. All of my attempts have resulted in only the Android Recovery page never a boot from the SD nor USB. I tried both reboot options on the recovery page but they each brought up the Matricom GUI.

I've verified via adb that the contents of both the SD and the USB are located off of /storage as udisk0 and udisk1.

I want to run from the SD or the USB and leave the Android side as it is.

Reading previous posts on installing LibreELEC on the Matricom Q2 seems to indicate that the toothpick method loaded the .img file directly.

Is it necessary to install a dual boot utility on the Matricom Q2 before the toothpick method will load and run either the SD or USB .img? If so, I'd appreciate a working link to it.

My cheap M8 (S812) booted from SD out of the box but I use either etcher or Rufus to burn my SD cards, granted these are windoze programs, do you have access to a windoze laptop or PC you could try on?

All the best

Paul

A little update and some more information for you Demetris.

After several soft bricks of the old M8 I gave up trying to flash an S812 bootloader lol so went back to messing about with them on your libreelec releases.

8.0.2b was the last one that WiFi worked on both box's but noticed on BOTH box's that 2 CPU cores seem to be "frozen" at a clock speed on boot and never seem to fluctuate. It's not the same 2 cores every boot though, this could explain why my old M8 kept crashing every now and again.

After noticing this I flashed the oldest release I had for the M8 which was S802 8.0.1a of your build and everything works as it should on it including all 4 CPU cores.

Is there anything I can send or I can do while on either 8.0.1a or 8.0.2b via SSH commands to give you any more information?

As always very much appreciated for all your time you put in maintaining these devices

All the best

Paul

Good morning Demetris

Again thank you for getting back to me.

I installed the latest of your builds that work for me 8.0.2b and then used the .update folder to flash LAKKA. Now it did flash and boot however the GUI is all mashed up, see pic in this link

Dropbox - IMG_20180218_111459.jpg

For some reason it kept throwing me an error if I tried to upload the pic directly

As always very much appreciate you taking the time to help

All the best

Paul

EDITED: I started playing again with the cheap AKASO M8S S812 box and funnily enough it does exactly the same as my old M8...

It will run your 8.0.2b build but the minute I try to run 8.2 they both boot with the "a start job is running for load kernel modules" on the M8S it displays for about 50 seconds and then boots to libreelec

On the old M8 it will display that for nearly 5 minutes

On the M8S I have just noticed that 8.0.2b shows WiFi access points but 8.2 it does not.

I'm going to try the old M8 and see if thats the same.

As a side note both box's are very VERY similar in specs, I can boot the M8S from SD fine. After flashing LAKKA to the M8 it does appear it wants to boot from the SD but I receive the following...

Filesystem corruption has been detected!

To prevent an automatic repair attempt continuing, press and key or power off your system within the next 120 seconds

So I left it and received....

CP437: invalid argument

Fsck.fat 3.0.28 (2015-05-15)

Open: read-only file system

E2fsck 1.43.4 (31-jan-2017)

Fsck.ext4: read-only file system while trying to open /Dev/mmcblk0p2

Disk write-protected; use the -n option to do a read-only

Check of the device

Forced fsck failed. Your system is broken beyond repair

Please re-inspection libreelec

EDITED: I flashed the old M8 to the original android ROM and then flashed up to your 8.0.2 before finally updating to 8.2 using .update folder.

I left it though the "a start job" msg and sure enough it also does not display WiFi access points the same as the M8S

WiFi works fine in 8.0.2b. can't believe it's taken me so long but I usually have it hard wired

Can you try booting lakka and tell me if you have the same issue on your S802(M8)?

Hi Demetris thank you for getting back to me, unfortunately lakka won't boot for me. I tried burning with etcher and Rufus and both with SD card and usb flash drive and all resulted the same, boots up my box's splash screen then goes to a black screen for maybe 5 seconds or so and then tv loses signal from the box. I left all like that for 20 minutes just in case it was installing but nothing happened.

I now have the original firmware including u-boot.bin if this will offer any information for you? I also have the custom ROM that was made specifically for the box by finless Bob over at freaktab which was based on a later released manufacturers firmware which I don't have unfortunately but bobs ROM is rock solid

Many thanks and all the best

Paul

Good afternoon Demetris

I finally gave up with my old M8 (TRMK1) S802 due to not being able to activate multiboot and kept receiving a "kernel module loading error" on boot on all updates after 8.0.2. I got a cheap M8S S812 with identical HW (2gb/8gb with realtek 8xxx WiFi, board ID S812+_v1.0 2016.08.11) I successfully activated multiboot and used etcher to burn your latest update to an SD card, on boot I get libreelec splash screen but reduced size and in the upper left corner of the screen, then I get the "kernel module is loading" msg for maybe 60 seconds and then it boots.

Is there anything I can do to provide you with useful information which may help fix this issue?

As always all your time and effort is very much appreciated my friend 🙏🙏

All the best

Paul

On my board S82/89 i used the MXIII-PLUS image with amlogic tool from windows then rom stuck at kernel loading for obvious reasons ;)

Then i shutdown, loaded an sdcard etcher burned image of S8X2 for my board and now i was able to boot from it.

Thank you so much my friend, will give it a try when I get home this evening.

As always very much appreciated

All that best

Paul

Hi Demetris, I've just updated my M8C variant from 8.0.2 to 8.2rc3. all seems to update fine but up on reboot I am greeted with the following...

A start job is running for load kernel modules
    which shows a timer up to

4min 28s, then displays.....

Failed to start load kernel modules

See "systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service" for details

How do I view the contents of this file to share with you?

As always many thank

Paul

Good morning everyone, I was hoping for a little help or advice if possible please.

I have an Acer revo RL85 that is setup to dual boot Libreelec and win10, I use the Acer KBRFAJ211 wireless keyboard.

The keyboard works absolutely fine in the boot selection screen as well as win10 but does NOT work at all in libreelec.

Is there anything I can do to get it working?

Many thanks and all the best

Paul