Thoradia Add-ons

• Currently using transmission on LibreELEC 8.0.2 or rpi3. Everything is well and good.

Just wanted to know which is recommend by others rtorrent or qbittorrent or transmission? I am also using couchpotato & sonarr, so require integration as well.

Which one is stable, faster and requires less memory?

Thanks.

• IMHO, stay with transmission if it is working ok.

RAM usage depends on how many torrents you have and other factors. In my experience, all 3 are good clients accepted by most trackers. rtorrent is very powerful client but pain in the a... to set up but. I have been trying for two days to set up automatic moving of files according to labels and it just doesn't work on libreelec :)

Qbittorrent is in the middle and transmission is the simplest. Qbt and transmission also have fewer options in WebUI than standalone client.

Don't know about integration, I don't use the mentioned programs.

Edited once, last by csh (July 26, 2017 at 1:42 PM).

• I have been trying for two days to set up automatic moving of files according to labels

The rutorrent autotools plugin can put your completed files into subfolders matching the labels but instead of trying to get an outdated script to work, you should look at using couch potato and either sonarr or sickrage to move files.

• Thx for the suggestion, I'll check those add-ons, never used them before :)

Until now, i managed torrent file downloads from private trackers by hand or by using external tools (RSS,...) . I used the old, now unsupported rtorrent libreelec addon with the default functionality:

1. multiple watch folders (tvshows, videos,...)
    2. after download, moving files into apropriate "completed" folders
    3. tvshows season sorting by Kodi standards with subfolders for series and seasons

Porting that functionality into vanilla rtorrent proved time consuming.

It's probably time to try something new :)

• Thx for the suggestion, I'll check those add-ons, never used them before :)

Until now, i managed torrent file downloads from private trackers by hand or by using external tools (RSS,...) . I used the old, now unsupported rtorrent libreelec addon with the default functionality:

1. multiple watch folders (tvshows, videos,...)
    2. after download, moving files into apropriate "completed" folders
    3. tvshows season sorting by Kodi standards with subfolders for series and seasons

Porting that functionality into vanilla rtorrent proved time consuming.

It's probably time to try something new :)

Sonarr and couch potato does pretty good job on grabbing torrent, download using any client, renaming & moving those to appropriate folders and doing clean up. Try it. Specially sonarr.

• Hi

I'm using the trasnmision addon v.8.1.13 with the comunity version 8.1.5 from @kszaq that use ADDON_VERSION="8.2"

I get the following error

Code
    Aug 21 22:57:15 LibreELEC sh[3757]: transmission-daemon: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.39: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 

I'm not sure where the update script looks for updates but I see a folder thoradia/8.1/S905/arm/ at github but not one for thoradia/8.2/S905/arm/

It's the reason for the error or I need to look in another place?

• Hi

I'm using the trasnmision addon v.8.1.13 with the comunity version 8.1.5 from @kszaq that use ADDON_VERSION="8.2"

Code
    Aug 21 22:57:15 LibreELEC sh[3757]: transmission-daemon: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.39: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 

I'm not sure where the update script looks for updates but I see a folder thoradia/8.1/S905/arm/ at github but not one for thoradia/8.2/S905/arm/

It's the reason for the error or I need to look in another place?

Have you checked for add-on updates?

Please report status from Add-ons/My add-ons/Services/Thoradia Add-ons/Configure

• Following Github issue I suggest you manually update Thoradia repository.

Current Thoradia Add-ons version is (should be) 8.2.9.

After manual repo refresh I've successfully reinstalled Transmission. It's now working on newest LE 8.1.0.

Edited once, last by i3laze (August 22, 2017 at 5:03 PM).

• Hi

Code

I got the same error after an upgrade to 8.1.0 with nzbget. Update didn't seem to improve matters, so I uninstalled and reinstalled and it works perfectly.

• How upgrade works:

1. user upgrades LibreELEC

2. Paths of the Thoradia Add-ons repository are updated

3. Paths of the Thoradia Add-ons repository are activated upon Kodi restart

4. Kodi updates Thoradia add-ons

To expedite the process, restart Kodi then check for updates in add-on manager