Posts by csh

After upgrading to LE 11 dstat no longer works. Other utils from the same addon are ok.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # dstat
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.system-tools/bin/dstat", line 32, in <module>
    import six
    ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'six'

I'm no python expert but some "six" lib seems to be missing.

Cannot find it in addons available for installation, but there seem to be some leftovers from previous versions in Kodi addons folder:

LibreELEC:~/.kodi/addons # ls -ld *six*

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jan 4 2022 script.module.kodi-six

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jan 4 2022 script.module.six

New hardware, Asrock J4105-ITX - Intel gemini lake SOC

NIC reports Gb speed but all transfers are only at 100Mbps.

ifconfig shows no dropped frames, everything looks ok.

Around 10m CAT5e cable, worked fine with previous HTPC.

Tried another router, doesn't help.

According to some google results blacklisting r8169 module could help but as it seems LE has it built into the kernel :(

Any ideas?

excerpt from dmesg:

Code
    [    2.537772] libphy: r8169: probed
    [    2.538032] r8169 0000:02:00.0 eth0: RTL8168h/8111h, 70:85:c2:fa:31:f4, XID 541, IRQ 124
    [    2.538036] r8169 0000:02:00.0 eth0: jumbo features [frames: 9200 bytes, tx checksumming: ko]
    [   12.840729] Generic Realtek PHY r8169-200:00: attached PHY driver [Generic Realtek PHY] (mii_bus:phy_addr=r8169-200:00, irq=IGNORE)
    [   12.949712] r8169 0000:02:00.0 eth0: Link is Down
    [   28.740218] r8169 0000:02:00.0 eth0: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx
    [   28.740238] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready

Full dmesg: http://ix.io/2cAr

lshw:

ifconfig:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ifconfig
    eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 70:85:C2:FA:31:F4
    inet addr:192.168.1.101  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
    RX packets:1183886 errors:0 dropped:3 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:595133 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:1770511686 (1.6 GiB)  TX bytes:41212717 (39.3 MiB)

iperf:

Old AMD based HTPC, single 1TB drive, I think it is legacy only boot, made with LE USB stick installer, running LE 8.2.5 generic x64.

Need to switch the old AMD with new intel gemini lake board which is supposedly UEFI only.

I would like to migrate existing LE installation, preferably without any data loss :)

Can I just swap the board or is it not going to boot?

Partition info on old hardware:

Code
    Disk /dev/sda: 1000GB
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/4096B
    Partition Table: msdos
    Disk Flags:

Number  Start   End     Size    Type     File system  Flags
    1      4194kB  541MB   537MB   primary  ext4         boot
    2      541MB   1000GB  1000GB  primary  ext4

For hardware testing I installed LE on USB stick, works OK, but i see completely different partitioning scheme.

first a FAT EFI partition with different flags and GPT instead of MBR.

Partition info on new test install:

Code
    (parted) print                                                            
    Model: SanDisk Extreme (scsi)
    Disk /dev/sde: 15,7GB
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
    Partition Table: gpt
    Disk Flags: 

Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name     Flags
     1      4194kB  541MB   537MB   fat32        primary  boot, legacy_boot, esp
     2      541MB   15,7GB  15,2GB  ext4         primary

Installer made EFI boot partition with the following contents:

Any ideas how to transfer that to old drive and make it bootable for new hardware?

Thanks for the quick response.

I'll try swapping the cables and ports. It's an older AMD APU based HTPC with the failing HDD, no BIOS updates. I don't know if it is SATA problem, there are no errors in dmesg. no lowering SATA link speeds, it just waits for Godot for 2 mins :)

This HDD is advanced fromat (4kB blocks), maybe the kernel is having trouble with it. Too bad it doesn't output anything in that interval at 8-143s mark. Looks like I have a lot of googleing to do :)

Hi,

I have a small problem wih slow booting :)

Fresh install via USB creator on new HDD in my HTPC, Libreelec now boots over 2 minutes.

On previous older HDD it was much faster to boot.

Any ideas how to debug this?

Code
      LibreELEC:~ # systemd-analyze
    Startup finished in 2min 25.998s (kernel) + 49.524s (userspace) = 3min 15.523s

According to dmesg timestamp, these is 2 minutes pause before mounting ext4 filesystem, here is the relevant part:

I don't see anything wrong with the drive, passed all smartctl tests, here is hdparm quick bench:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # hdparm -Tt /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
     Timing cached reads:   1306 MB in  2.00 seconds = 652.23 MB/sec
     Timing buffered disk reads: 386 MB in  3.00 seconds = 128.48 MB/sec

Thx for the suggestion, I'll check those add-ons, never used them before :)

Until now, i managed torrent file downloads from private trackers by hand or by using external tools (RSS,...) . I used the old, now unsupported rtorrent libreelec addon with the default functionality:

1. multiple watch folders (tvshows, videos,...)
    2. after download, moving files into apropriate "completed" folders
    3. tvshows season sorting by Kodi standards with subfolders for series and seasons

Porting that functionality into vanilla rtorrent proved time consuming.

It's probably time to try something new :)

IMHO, stay with transmission if it is working ok.

RAM usage depends on how many torrents you have and other factors. In my experience, all 3 are good clients accepted by most trackers. rtorrent is very powerful client but pain in the a... to set up but. I have been trying for two days to set up automatic moving of files according to labels and it just doesn't work on libreelec :)

Qbittorrent is in the middle and transmission is the simplest. Qbt and transmission also have fewer options in WebUI than standalone client.

Don't know about integration, I don't use the mentioned programs.

OE rTorrent/ruTorrent is unmaintained and quite convoluted, I therefore started from scratch.

Moreover, I do not use rTorrent/ruTorrent, I therefore need you to tell me what you need and how it works.

I hope you will be able to fix your problem.

If you do, tell me how, and I will update the add-on accordingly.

Thx again for packaging rtorrent, I'l try to configure it for my needs. Not an easy task considering the documentation is sparse and you have to hunt for config examples all over the net :)

If I find anything useful, will post here.

Thoradia, first thank you for hard work putting this repo together.

I'm trying to migrate my rtorrent and active torrents from the old openelec/libreelec unofficial repo install.

Have a couple of problems with it: timezone is hardcoded somewhere and off by one hour, rutorrent scheduler does not work properly,...

The problem is, the old addon doesn't use rtorrent.rc but passes all the config as parameters when starting rtorrent.

I have currently both addons installed (only one active at a time) and confirmed working.

So, the steps for me to migrate my torrents i guess would be:

- translate all the settings from old addon XML to new rtorrent.rc

- copy the session files

- stop the old service, start a new one and hope for the best :)

Problem is old addon has one option that I don't know how to port to new vanilla rtorrent: "Sort Series in Season Dirs".

I have that option enabled due to Kodi scraper sometimes having problems with a certain filenames not being recognized. And the download dir is also nice and tidy.

I figured out it uses some custom shell script (complete.sh) which does all the work.

Found this on github, perhaps it's the same thing?

Will have to try if it all works, am worried if the new rtorrent would pick up the series that are in sorted folders.

escalade, first, thanks for the great build.
    How complicated would it be to build a standalone nfs3 addon?
    Stumbled upon this thread while searching for it, but your build has it built in.
    Cloned your repo and tried bulding it all but am getting this on the package htop:

Code
    checking for curses.h... yes
    configure: error: missing libraries:  libncurses
    Makefile:12: recipe for target 'image' failed
    make: *** [image] Error 1

I'm building this on xubuntu 16.04., libncurses-dev is installed, but it is a metapackage which installs libncurses5-dev. Also installed libncursesw5-dev but still doesn't work.
    Any ideas?

Next I pulled unfs3 from the official svn, built it and it works fine on my libreelec v7.0.3 if started manually.
    Next step would be systemd unit and then to package it all into usable addon.