usb hdds not mounting after restart

• Hello

I have the problem since a fresh install on a new SDCard of the v11.0, 1 USB HDD of 4TB is no longer displayed.

I have 3 USB HDDs that work fine in v10.0.4.

In version v11 the 4TB is not displayed when I disconnect it from the USB, I get the message that the HDD has been removed.

Any idea what I can do !

Here is the log: http//ix.io/4rq4

• Nico_911

Code
    Feb 16 20:10:59.161634 LibreELEC kernel: ntfs3: sda1: volume is dirty and "force" flag is not set!
    Feb 16 20:10:59.195774 LibreELEC udevil[733]: mount: mounting /dev/sda1 on /media/720p-1080p failed: Invalid argument

The disk needs to be checked with Windows.

• Mario77 In LE11 the NTFS driver changed from user space ntfs-3g to in kernel ntfs3. The behavior may be different.

General recommendation: use NTFS for Windows only and native file systems like ext4 for Linux.

• Nico_911

Code
    Feb 16 20:10:59.161634 LibreELEC kernel: ntfs3: sda1: volume is dirty and "force" flag is not set!
    Feb 16 20:10:59.195774 LibreELEC udevil[733]: mount: mounting /dev/sda1 on /media/720p-1080p failed: Invalid argument

The disk needs to be checked with Windows.

In windows checked, a few errors found and fixed, now everything works.

Thanks for the help !

• Mario77 In LE11 the NTFS driver changed from user space ntfs-3g to in kernel ntfs3. The behavior may be different.

General recommendation: use NTFS for Windows only and native file systems like ext4 for Linux.

so the solution would be to offload the content and create a new volume with ext4? don't understand the windows part as i thought this was a linux distribution (libreelec) - thanks

• Yes, this should result in better experience.

ok so i tested the drive with paragon hard disk manager and some 'minor problems' discovered but nothing big . . . i run windows and can move the files to another disk but if windows doesn't talk to ext4, then how to write back? i downloaded hirens boot disk and can boot to that and see if a tool can talk both ntfs and ext4 so i can move the contents - any other suggestions welcome.

• ok so i tested the drive with paragon hard disk manager and some 'minor problems' discovered but nothing big . . . i run windows and can move the files to another disk but if windows doesn't talk to ext4, then how to write back? i downloaded hirens boot disk and can boot to that and see if a tool can talk both ntfs and ext4 so i can move the contents - any other suggestions welcome.

so no go . . . moved the files within the windows environment to another usb drive and all ok . . . booted into hirens and connected both drives and used diskgenius to delete and repartition the former ntfs drive to ext4 - all was done ok. diskgenius can 'see' the target drive (as it partitioned it and formatted it) and the source (ntfs) but cannot move the files for some reason. how are other people doing this? do i need a live bootable linux usb with tools to do this? will that be able to see and act on ntfs and ext4? thanks.

• Connected via USB, yes. No hub, and i boot from SSD, no slow sdcard. And Pi original power supply.

I never did see the point dragging a Windows ntfs formatted drive to a Linux party. Asking for trouble. Windows users find it difficult to “cut the chord”.

If as you say you have four drives ntfs formatted successfully attached to your Pi4 other users in difficulty should try and replicate your setup. That would be a good starting point to resolving their issue.