LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0.2

• thanks, but why is the procedure distinct for rpi3 and rpi4 ? is it risky to upgrade on rpi3 ?

No, it's exactly the same. If you run LE 9.2 it's strongly advised you make a complete clean install of LE 10, as mentioned in the release note (see first post)

LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0.2 - LibreELEC

Users of LibreELEC 10 Beta or RC1 get an automatic update to the final version. LibreELEC 9.2 setups will not be automatically updated, you will need to manually update.

So unless you are already running an image with Kodi 19 inside, a clean install is preferred. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we expect a much higher than normal support effort with in-place upgrades so it’s sensible advice.

so long,

Hias

• thanks, but why is the procedure distinct for rpi3 and rpi4 ? is it risky to upgrade on rpi3 ?

In-place update between major versions is sometimes problematic, for that reason it is not endorsed.

However, I will let you into a secret - normally it works fine. Thus what I do is:

1. make a backup

2. do an in-place update

3. if there is any problems, don't come to the forum and complain, instead do a clean install

• Updated to 10.0.2, rpi EPPROM too via ssh. All smooth and all but CEC decided to stop working sadly. I use both HDMI ports, one directly to TV, the other to soundbar. Interstingly, if I switch over to just single HDMI throguh the soundbar, CEC functionality is back no problem. How would I provide more info on this for you guys?

Exactly the same issue with the same hw conf. Everyhting was fine with the 10.0.1 version. Solved by changing Settings>Input>periph>CEC>connected to HDMI AV receiver instead of TV (it's exactly reverse as my conf)

Edited once, last by yapa69: after few restarts: Sometimes I cant change hdmi port in CEC (no CEC control) Sometimes it works with TV instead of AV Finally, autodetection hdmi0 and hdmi1 for CEC seems to be too young to work perfectly stable... But before I had similar issue with audio on port 1 for HD AVR and video 4K HD on port 0, but now it's more stable. (March 21, 2022 at 11:25 AM).

• Architecture question:

I have installed on a fast USB and am booting straight off the USB - no SD memory card at all. Clean system, no repositories or anything else that is not straight off the official repository. I'm having issues with stuttering, network copy cycling through very fast to no connection, over and over (in spite of expected iperf3 test results).

My question:

Will it be better to install on SD card and use USB only as storage? What is the most reliable architecture?

• Good morning all, sorry for my bad English (I am French), and sorry if I'm in the wrong place

I use Libreelec on an rpi4b.

Yesterday I did the proposed update to 10.0.2 and since then the 3840x2160 24p video no longer switches to 24p. In 1080p no problem, the tv goes well in 1080p24. Did you have the same problem or do you have a solution please?

• Good morning all, sorry for my bad English (I am French), and sorry if I'm in the wrong place

I use Libreelec on an rpi4b.

Yesterday I did the proposed update to 10.0.2 and since then the 3840x2160 24p video no longer switches to 24p. In 1080p no problem, the tv goes well in 1080p24. Did you have the same problem or do you have a solution please?

Up please ;(

Edited once, last by Jis26 (March 31, 2022 at 12:35 PM).

• Yesterday I did the proposed update to 10.0.2 and since then the 3840x2160 24p video no longer switches to 24p. In 1080p no problem, the tv goes well in 1080p24. Did you have the same problem or do you have a solution please?

It's not something I see (or have seen anyone else reporting).

Probably best to create a new post, including a debug enabled log of you playing a 3840x2160@24 file, where the hdmi mode is not set.

• Updated to 10.0.2, rpi EPPROM too via ssh. All smooth and all but CEC decided to stop working sadly. I use both HDMI ports, one directly to TV, the other to soundbar. Interstingly, if I switch over to just single HDMI throguh the soundbar, CEC functionality is back no problem. How would I provide more info on this for you guys?

I've got a rpi4, tv on hdmi0, and an av receiver on hdmi1.

I've had a CEC problem, so I'm going to tell you as much as I can about the problem I experienced, so maybe it will help you.

I'm using the TV remote to drive LibreELEC. It was working on 10.0.0, and stopped working on 10.0.2 (skipped 10.0.1)

The AV has a remote too, but I haven't tried it.

I've got it working again, so here's the relevant info:

- It was working on reboot, and if I turned the TV off and on within 10 seconds

- Stopped working after the TV was off in excess of 10 seconds

- The TV is a Samsung

- Samsung's label for CEC is Anynet+

- Samsung's default Anynet+ settings were CEC on, but CEC power off/on was off. That means when the TV powered off, it didn't tell the rpi4

- Changed the TV's setting to send power off-on signals to the rpi4

Related, didn't change:

- LibreELEC has a Interface/Input CEC setting about power on/off too, to ignore, suspend, hibernate or poweroff. The default (in 10.0.2) is suspend. I left mine on suspend.

Related:

- turning the TV on, now results in a few seconds of CEC not working. I presume that previously the rpi4 never suspended because it never got a power signal, and so it never had to wake up, and the CEC worked immediately.

• i have several issues with LibreELEC 10.0.0.2 for Raspberry Pi 3.

(Raspberry 3 | RPi 2 LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-10.0.2.img.gz + new fresh 32GB SD card + mediadatabase build by scanning the external media)

1. playing a TV-show folder, the first video plays without issues, but the second doesn't. there is video, but no audio, and at the top the timeline appears and disappears in an interval of 2sec. shown, 1sec. hidden, 2sec. shown, ...
      maybe it has something to do with the video file. but that file plays without issues under LibreELEC 9.2.8.
    2. the weather view shows the daily forcast for the week with one day offset.
      e.g. then today is Sa 23., the first item in the list is Fr 22.. the hourly forcast shows the correct day Sa 23 14:00...
      (Gismeteo, language: GUI language: German, weekend Saturday/Sunday)
    3. (GCE - Vectrex (vecx)) Vectrex game emulator does not show any video output, only sound
    4. the ScummVM game emulator does not start at all - only a message pops up that something went wrong.
    5. (VICEx64) C64 emulator crash Kodi/LibreELEC reboots after a while

all the above issues i don't have by using LibreELEC 9.2.8 for Raspberry Pi 3 (same RPi3, same external media, ...)

are these issues known, are these RPi3 specific?

Edited 2 times, last by beta-tester (May 2, 2022 at 7:54 PM).

• i have several issues with LibreELEC 10.0.0.2 for Raspberry Pi 3.

(Raspberry 3 | RPi 2 LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-10.0.2.img.gz + new fresh 32GB SD card + mediadatabase build by scanning the external media)

1. playing a TV-show folder, the first video plays without issues, but the second doesn't. there is video, but no audio, and at the top the timeline appears and disappears in an interval of 2sec. shown, 1sec. hidden, 2sec. shown, ...
      maybe it has something to do with the video file. but that file plays without issues under LibreELEC 9.2.8.
    2. the weather view shows the daily forcast for the week with one day offset.
      e.g. then today is Sa 23., the first item in the list is Fr 22.. the hourly forcast shows the correct day Sa 23 14:00...
      (Gismeteo, language: GUI language: German, weekend Saturday/Sunday)

to 1. it has something to do with the Audio Pass through i enybled in the settings. when i disable that option that video plays smooth without issues.

i think my TV does not support 7.1 audio. but LibreELEC 9.2.8 with the same settings for audio pass through could handle this. the first video of that TV-series has the same format but played back under LE10.0.2 without issues (but with similar log output as the second file) ... strange.

to 2. i forgot to set the correct time zone.

Edited once, last by beta-tester (May 2, 2022 at 7:55 PM).

• Thank you for sharing your experience. I had some free time yesterday and today to play around with this but no luck; something CEC related in 10.0.2 and using 2 HDMI outputs just does not work. I currently run my Libreelec machine through the soundbar. Its an older one so no HDR for me but I rather do that than curse at the remote not working every few minutes!

• Hello all,

I made a fresh install on a RPi4. Very good work!

Unfortunately I found also the following issues:

- CEC working only on hdmi0. So if you use are using both, one for video, the other for sound, you can try to switch cables to solve it!

- All videos are darker, both SDR and HDR, all resolutions. TV is an LG, hdmi deep color is enabled on hdmi, compared with same videos played from Apple TV 4K or from Plex App within LG using same standard Profile, Cinema, set on both hdr and sdr mode, they result darker. This is not completely wrong, in an Oled panel may be also better, but on a LCD IPS panel with very bad contrast you may loose a lot of details on dark scenes, exspecially on hdr videos.

I solved setting Dark Level to High in picture menu.

- Sound. It is great! I can get smooth lossless audio from my AVR. TrueHD an DTS HD MA are very good.

But there is lack of Atmos an DTS:x. Metadata is stripped out. I’m asking to myself if this is a feature or a bug. I have a Yamaha RX-V6A. Are there any issues with this avr?

Thank you all! And enjoy!