Posts by f3jeff

Nice, thanks. I'll give a go at 9.2 and see if it works.

I tried it with Pi400 and it doesn't boot at all. In case we never get 3d support, is making a LE9.2 compatible with Pi4 an option, is that possible, would it require a lot of work? Not that I'm watching every day 3d movies, just would be nice to have the option once in a while.

It's a software issue, not hardware. You might be able to run the older LE9.2 image (which supports 3D). I have fuzzy memeory there may be newer iterations of the 400 that need firmware newer than what's shipped in the 9.2 image. I could be confusing it with RPi Zero2 though? (easiest way is to image an SD card and test).

Nice, thanks. I'll give a go at 9.2 and see if it works.

Hi. I have a Pi 400 and a projector with 3d capabilities. Reading about I see that 3d isn't high in the priorities list (somehow understandable). I want to ask if the issue of Pi 400 not been able to play 3d is due to some limitation on hardware or software? Can I install an older version of Libreelec on Pi 400 that will allow me to play 3d videos? Thanks.

As chewitt says, and as far as I understand it, BerryBoot also doesn't allow you to update the distros you install with it from within the distro itself, while PINN doesn't has this problem. In any case, give it a try and see if it works for you the way you want it. The author of PINN is very responsive in the link I posted above if you run in any problem.

Thanks a lot for sharing the solution. I had the same problem after updating to 10.0.1 with my projector and couldn't find what the problem was. Thanks again.

Hi. I use Libreelec 10 on a Raspberry Pi 400 connected directly on a Benq HT2050A projector (Full HD). Everything works great except this problem where the projector would go black for about 7 seconds each time I play a video. I'm using the delay video option but that doesn't seems to work correctly for playlists. Reading around it seems this is caused because the two parts need to work out resolution and/or refresh rate if I understood correctly. The solution to this seems to be to use the whitelist option. I checked the whitelist section, and I get alot of modes in there to choose from.

In general, is it better if the scaling is done by the Pi or the projector? Lets say I have a 480p video, if I whitelist this mode, Libreelec will send it to the projector as is (from what I understand), and the projector will do the scaling to 1080p. If I don't use whitelist at all, the Pi will do the scaling to 1080p and then send it to the projector. Any difference on picture quality between these two cases? If the scaling is done by the projector, is it taxing for the projector, it gets hot as it is and I don't want it to release even more heat in the room, especially during summer. Thanks.