Posts by SWBZA

Hi.

There is a rather thick black border around fonts in subtitles. I've tried different fonts and colors, to no avail. I can't find help on normal forum searches, and also cannot find settings in any menu. How do I make thinner or totally remove the font border? .srt subtitles.

Kind regards, and thanks in advance.

Architecture question:

I have installed on a fast USB and am booting straight off the USB - no SD memory card at all. Clean system, no repositories or anything else that is not straight off the official repository. I'm having issues with stuttering, network copy cycling through very fast to no connection, over and over (in spite of expected iperf3 test results).

My question:

Will it be better to install on SD card and use USB only as storage? What is the most reliable architecture?

Did the copy speed drop and start, drop and start, get fixed? I updated to 10.0.2 and I'm getting the same.

ifperf 3 tests perfectly:

Thanks for updating to Matrix. Much appreciated.

I've done a clean install on my current setup: Pi 4 with fast USB drive on USB3 port. The installation is straight onto the USB stick, no SD card.

There are two items that I hope to resolve, but could not on my own:

1 - When I pause a video and there is a delay (around 10 minutes or more) before I resume watching, the video is frozen, but the audio resumes. Rewinding a few seconds resumes normal viewing.

2 - With normal playback, after about 10 minutes or so, the video and audio loses sync and there is "stuttering / jerky" playback. Only stopping the playback, and playing the video again from scratch works.

It looks as if the buffer is loading as it should. Enough in buffer to play (but playing off the local fast USB anyway...).

This same hardware setup worked fine before upgrading to Matrix, so I'm obviously suspecting software / setup, not HW.

Kind regards and thanks in advance

Logs http://ix.io/3Skg

Folks, am I asking in the wrong forum, or in the wrong way? Is there some other community forum that could help me?

Thanks for updating to Matrix. Much appreciated.

I've done a clean install on my current setup: Pi 4 with fast USB drive on USB3 port. The installation is straight onto the USB stick, no SD card.

There are two items that I hope to resolve, but could not on my own:

1 - When I pause a video and there is a delay (around 10 minutes or more) before I resume watching, the video is frozen, but the audio resumes. Rewinding a few seconds resumes normal viewing.

2 - With normal playback, after about 10 minutes or so, the video and audio loses sync and there is "stuttering / jerky" playback. Only stopping the playback, and playing the video again from scratch works.

It looks as if the buffer is loading as it should. Enough in buffer to play (but playing off the local fast USB anyway...).

This same hardware setup worked fine before upgrading to Matrix, so I'm obviously suspecting software / setup, not HW.

Kind regards and thanks in advance

Logs http://ix.io/3Skg