hello, i tried LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.2.2.img.gz on my PC with a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-5500 (121xxx) / WinTV-HVR-4400 (121xxx).
there wasn't the needed firmware available for the DVB-T/DVB-C tuner chip out of the box.
i could extract the needed firmware by using that script at:
- # downloading and extracting firmware
- wget https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/plain/scripts/get_dvb_firmware
- chmod +x get_dvb_firmware
- ./get_dvb_firmware si2165
- # copy firmware to LibreELEC /storage/.config/firmware/
- scp dvb-demod-si2165.fw [email protected]:/storage/.config/firmware/
the firmware for the DVB-S/S2 tuner chip was already there in LibreELEC (dvb-fe-tda10071.fw)
everything works fine...
maybe you can add those firmwares to LibreELEC that the script can download and extract, so other people don't have to search the internet for the firmwares manually.