Posts by beta-tester

it was all my own fault. sorry.

i copied the bluetooth paring data from an old kodi installation to the new system in hope i shortsut things...

i used the SMB share to transfere the files to the new kodi and put them to place under ssh.

but i missed to set the owner and group of the folder and files to root.

after fixing the .cache/bluetooth folders and files owner and group back to root no error message appeares and the joystick is working again.

RASPBERRY PI 2-3

As new addition we support RPi2 and RPi3 at LE10. Please keep in mind this is still brand new and not widely tested. Likely bugs are still possible. Overall, the current version is properly useable.

Note that GPU accelerated H265 decoding is no longer available in LE 10 and future versions. If this is important to you stay at LE 9.2.

was a PI 2 or 3 ever able to do hardware accelerated H265 decoding?

i know H264 (and with license key MPEG-2/VC-1) was hardware accelerated, but as far as i know, H265 is only available starting with PI 4.

... searching "wireless headphones for tv watching" threw up some options for me. These were the simplest/cheapest ones (no idea what they are like, but you can see they have lots of connectivity options). ...

thanks for the keywords to search for.

... Pulse audio almost certainly can output to multiple devices at the same time with the right config (which you'd have to ...

i tied already to search for multi-/combine-sink configuration, but none of them i got working on LibreELEC/Kodi

pacmd complains that there is PulseAudio no daemon running and as soon i reboot LibreELEC all changes i did with pactl were gone. no idea where to put all the profile, config and script files to LibreELEC to keep the config persistent and/or get executed automatically.
    without rebooting i never saw any new audio devices (sinks) in Kodi i could select.

so by myself, i'm hopelessly overwhelmed with setting up audio simultanously over HDMI and BT under LibreELEC.

The tertiary challenge with multiple outputs is often "audio sync" as processing times for the BT audio path vs. the HDMI path may end up being a little different.

yes, even with just using BT audio allone, i observed already an audio sync issue.

i solved it by adding/installing/using the add-on from MAR-official: Bluetooth Delay for Kodi

no idea if it could handle simultanously audio sync in case i could get it working.

hi,

i need audio over HDMI (TV) and bluetooth (in-ear headphones) simultaneously on my Raspberry Pi 3B+ with LibreELEC 10.0.2.

did somebody made this working and a tutorial in the meantime for this use case?

we have a person in the family with a "hard-of-hearing" handycap (i don't know the correct english word).

making a "movie night" is always very trick, stressful and disapointing to all participants.

• making the TV very loud so the one person can enjoy the movie is very painful loud to the other "normal-hearing" persons.
    • making audio level enjoyable for the "normal-hearing" persons, then the one "hard-of-hearing" person can not follow the audio, because it is way to silent for this person - even with the "hearing-aid" the person has.

so i bought bluetooth headphones for the person in hope bluetooth and HDMI audio is working out of the box. but unfortunately is isn't.

at the moment the bluetooth headphones is only a solution when the person is watching movies alone, because i don't get it working to have audio on HDMI and bluetooth at the same time.

please, can somebody help me here...

thank you very much in advanced.

i am using LE 10.0.2 on a Raspberry Pi 3B+.

• the bluetooth headphones gives audio, when selecting audio device: "PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)"
    • the TV gives audio, when selecting audio device: "ALSA: vc4hdmi (vc4hdmi), VES 55UHD_LCD_TV on HDMI)"

hi, did somebody made this working and a tutorial in the meantime for this use case?

we have a person in the family with a "hard-of-hearing" handycap (i don't know the correct english word).

making a "movie night" is always very trick, stressful and disapointing to all participants.

• making the TV very loud so the one person can enjoy the movie is very painful loud to the other "normal-hearing" persons.
    • making audio level enjoyable for the "normal-hearing" persons, then the one "hard-of-hearing" person can not follow the audio, because it is way to silent for this person - even with the "hearing-aid" the person has.

so i bought bluetooth headphones for the person in hope bluetooth and HDMI audio is working out of the box. but unfortunately is isn't.

at the moment the bluetooth headphones is only a solution when the person is watching movies alone, because i don't get it working to have audio on HDMI and bluetooth at the same time.

please, can somebody help me here...

thank you very much in advanced.

i am using LE 10.0.2 on a Raspberry Pi 3B+.

• the bluetooth headphones gives audio, when selecting audio device: "PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)"
    • the TV gives audio, when selecting audio device: "ALSA: vc4hdmi (vc4hdmi), VES 55UHD_LCD_TV on HDMI)"

EDIT: i created a new thread for this question:

beta-tester
    August 18, 2022 at 6:57 AM

hi,

i have LE10.0.2 on my RPi 3B+ and i want to use bluetooth in-ear headphones for audio.

i got it somehow working to get audio on my headphones, but it is a bit extreme out of sync.

as a german guy i am already used to the fact that everything is not lip synced, but the audio with the bluetooth headphones lags very annoyingly noticeable behind the video.

is there anoption to delay the video to get audio and video syncronized?

hello, i installed LE10.0.2 to my Raspberry Pi 3B+ and tried to pair my bluetooth PS2 joystick to it.

1. the onboard/built-in bluetooth adapter of the RPi 3B+ isn't recognized by LE10.0.2. i have to use an external USB bluetooth 4 dongle instead.

2. when i try to pair my PS2 Joystick to LE10 an error message pops up "Bluetoorh error: operation not permitted".

after that error message the bluetooth connection looks like established, because the LED on the PS2 joystick and the status in LE10 shows connected status, but i can not control anything with the joystick in LE10.

any idea, what is going on there?

in the past i used LE9.2 on my RPi 3B+ and there i had no issues with the PS2 joystick.

i have several issues with LibreELEC 10.0.0.2 for Raspberry Pi 3.

(Raspberry 3 | RPi 2 LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-10.0.2.img.gz + new fresh 32GB SD card + mediadatabase build by scanning the external media)

1. playing a TV-show folder, the first video plays without issues, but the second doesn't. there is video, but no audio, and at the top the timeline appears and disappears in an interval of 2sec. shown, 1sec. hidden, 2sec. shown, ...
      maybe it has something to do with the video file. but that file plays without issues under LibreELEC 9.2.8.
    2. the weather view shows the daily forcast for the week with one day offset.
      e.g. then today is Sa 23., the first item in the list is Fr 22.. the hourly forcast shows the correct day Sa 23 14:00...
      (Gismeteo, language: GUI language: German, weekend Saturday/Sunday)

to 1. it has something to do with the Audio Pass through i enybled in the settings. when i disable that option that video plays smooth without issues.

i think my TV does not support 7.1 audio. but LibreELEC 9.2.8 with the same settings for audio pass through could handle this. the first video of that TV-series has the same format but played back under LE10.0.2 without issues (but with similar log output as the second file) ... strange.

to 2. i forgot to set the correct time zone.

hello... it's me again...

i just switched from LibreELEC 9.2.8 for RPi3 to the new offical LibreELEC 10.0.2 for RPi3 and i have to say, unfortunately i have the issue again with the ScummMV add-on (v2.1.1.23.1)...
    the add-on does not start on LibreELEC 10.0.2

Code
    2022-04-24 16:22:46.071 T:673      INFO <general>: CAddonMgr::FindAddons: game.libretro.scummvm v2.1.1.23.1 installed
    2022-04-24 16:23:14.506 T:673      INFO <general>: RetroPlayer[PROCESS]: Created process info for GBM
    2022-04-24 16:23:14.542 T:673     ERROR <general>: ADDON: Dll ScummVM - Client returned bad status (5) from Create and is not usable
    2022-04-24 16:23:14.543 T:673      INFO <general>: Loading skin file: DialogConfirm.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
    2022-04-24 16:23:16.379 T:673     ERROR <general>: RetroPlayer[PLAYER]: Failed to initialize game.libretro.scummvm
    2022-04-24 16:24:05.205 T:673      INFO <general>: RetroPlayer[PROCESS]: Created process info for GBM
    2022-04-24 16:24:05.211 T:673     ERROR <general>: ADDON: Dll ScummVM - Client returned bad status (5) from Create and is not usable
    2022-04-24 16:24:10.296 T:673     ERROR <general>: RetroPlayer[PLAYER]: Failed to initialize game.libretro.scummvm

is it still the same issue?

i have several issues with LibreELEC 10.0.0.2 for Raspberry Pi 3.

(Raspberry 3 | RPi 2 LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-10.0.2.img.gz + new fresh 32GB SD card + mediadatabase build by scanning the external media)

1. playing a TV-show folder, the first video plays without issues, but the second doesn't. there is video, but no audio, and at the top the timeline appears and disappears in an interval of 2sec. shown, 1sec. hidden, 2sec. shown, ...
      maybe it has something to do with the video file. but that file plays without issues under LibreELEC 9.2.8.
    2. the weather view shows the daily forcast for the week with one day offset.
      e.g. then today is Sa 23., the first item in the list is Fr 22.. the hourly forcast shows the correct day Sa 23 14:00...
      (Gismeteo, language: GUI language: German, weekend Saturday/Sunday)
    3. (GCE - Vectrex (vecx)) Vectrex game emulator does not show any video output, only sound
    4. the ScummVM game emulator does not start at all - only a message pops up that something went wrong.
    5. (VICEx64) C64 emulator crash Kodi/LibreELEC reboots after a while

all the above issues i don't have by using LibreELEC 9.2.8 for Raspberry Pi 3 (same RPi3, same external media, ...)

are these issues known, are these RPi3 specific?

hello, i tried LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.2.2.img.gz on my PC with a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-5500 (121xxx) / WinTV-HVR-4400 (121xxx).

there wasn't the needed firmware available for the DVB-T/DVB-C tuner chip out of the box.

i could extract the needed firmware by using that script at:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/…et_dvb_firmware

Code
    # downloading and extracting firmware
    wget https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/plain/scripts/get_dvb_firmware
    chmod +x get_dvb_firmware
    ./get_dvb_firmware si2165

# copy firmware to LibreELEC /storage/.config/firmware/
    scp dvb-demod-si2165.fw root@LibreELEC:/storage/.config/firmware/

the firmware for the DVB-S/S2 tuner chip was already there in LibreELEC (dvb-fe-tda10071.fw)

everything works fine...

maybe you can add those firmwares to LibreELEC that the script can download and extract, so other people don't have to search the internet for the firmwares manually.

see also AUR (en) - dvb-demod-si2165-fw and Hauppauge DE | Support Produktauswahl