Posts by ambetanterix

I would like a getty -- not ssh -- to debug a network problem. Is this possible?

Sometimes LibreELEC loses it's network connection on my rpi4. I'd like to fix it properly, so I want to run connmanctl while the problem is active. I can't ssh in when there's a problem, because the network is down. Before the network is down, I can ssh.

Rebooting fixes the problem, ie. the network reconnects, so it's a transient problem. Restarting the network without rebooting asks for a wifi password, but rebooting seems to remember the wifi password. I'd like to run connmanctl to figure out what's happening. It happens every few days.

I've run connmanctl in the cron to see if I can fix it, but it's laborious to run through all connmanctl options every few days like that.

Location makes a wired network cable a little problematic, so I was hoping there's some reasonable way to start a getty.

I've tried adding "console=serial0,115200 systemd.debug-shell=1", but minicom isn't connecting. I have confirmed debug-shell does start /bin/sh on /dev/console. I am willing to work on this instead of a usb keyboard getty instead.

Updated to 10.0.2, rpi EPPROM too via ssh. All smooth and all but CEC decided to stop working sadly. I use both HDMI ports, one directly to TV, the other to soundbar. Interstingly, if I switch over to just single HDMI throguh the soundbar, CEC functionality is back no problem. How would I provide more info on this for you guys?

I've got a rpi4, tv on hdmi0, and an av receiver on hdmi1.

I've had a CEC problem, so I'm going to tell you as much as I can about the problem I experienced, so maybe it will help you.

I'm using the TV remote to drive LibreELEC. It was working on 10.0.0, and stopped working on 10.0.2 (skipped 10.0.1)

The AV has a remote too, but I haven't tried it.

I've got it working again, so here's the relevant info:

- It was working on reboot, and if I turned the TV off and on within 10 seconds

- Stopped working after the TV was off in excess of 10 seconds

- The TV is a Samsung

- Samsung's label for CEC is Anynet+

- Samsung's default Anynet+ settings were CEC on, but CEC power off/on was off. That means when the TV powered off, it didn't tell the rpi4

- Changed the TV's setting to send power off-on signals to the rpi4

Related, didn't change:

- LibreELEC has a Interface/Input CEC setting about power on/off too, to ignore, suspend, hibernate or poweroff. The default (in 10.0.2) is suspend. I left mine on suspend.

Related:

- turning the TV on, now results in a few seconds of CEC not working. I presume that previously the rpi4 never suspended because it never got a power signal, and so it never had to wake up, and the CEC worked immediately.