I'm seeing a switch to a new repo for the rtl8812au driver on #1012 build. Are there any news? Is AC protocol full supported again? Thanks.
Hi rtl8812au users.
There's a new rtl8812au driver in a recent LE9/Kodi18a1 test build, based on the work done by gordboy.
The download details and initial feedback (working/stable AC connection) are here, and it would be really great to have more testing and feedback in order for us to make a more informed decision about switching to this new driver.
Unfortunately this new driver does not support rtl8821au and some other chipsets that the older driver may have supported, so there could be some fallout but hopefully not too much.
I'll start including this new v5.2.9 driver in future nightly LE9/Kodi 18 builds from tomorrow, Tuesday (#0718).
Thank you, milhouse and gordboy.
I'm testing the new driver. I can say it's more stable than the older one since the previous driver always frooze in a few minutes, in AC mode..
I'll let you know if I have any issues.
Mine was flaky as well on a pi2 with 8.0.1. I did put the following in a modprobe config file and rebooted:
rpi3:~ # cat /etc/modprobe.d/8812au.conf
options 8812au rtw_power_mgnt=0 rtw_enusbss=0 rtw_ips_mode=1 rtw_vht_enable=0 rtw_ht_enable=1
This limits the wifi to n instead of ac, so max 150mb/s, but it is stable. Perhaps it will work for you and provide enough bandwidth in the less crowded 5ghz range?
Thank you very much! Also 5Ghz band is working well now! So, is there a known bug on the ac protocol?
Thanks for the replies. The issue occurs only using the 5Ghz band, if i connect using the 2.4Ghz band there are no issues!
I'm lucky and I'm getting at least 50 mbit very stable on 2.4 so I can still use the stick. I got this stick as replacement for the internal RPi 3 WiFi since the built in antenna is very poor and cannot use power line.
I'm getting problems on LibreELEC 8.0.0 with a Fenvi dongle based on rtl8812au chip.
It seems to work fine but on playback of HD videos, after several minutes, the video freeze and playback stops. It's not a buffering problem, the playback is stopped and exits completely:
The debug log reports:Code
- 14:40:32.597 T:1481634720 ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 22, Invalid argument ) - Retrying
- 14:41:02.624 T:1481634720 ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 22, Invalid argument )
- 14:41:02.624 T:1481634720 ERROR: ffmpeg[584FF3A0]: [matroska,webm] Read error
- 14:41:02.626 T:1473246112 DEBUG: COMXPlayerVideo - CDVDMsg::GENERAL_EOF
- 14:41:02.627 T:1473246112 INFO: COMXVideo::SubmitEOS
- 14:41:02.632 T:1464857504 DEBUG: COMXPlayerAudio - CDVDMsg::GENERAL_EOF
- 14:41:02.634 T:1464857504 INFO: COMXAudio::SubmitEOS
- 14:41:02.728 T:1481634720 INFO: COMXVideo::IsEOS
- 14:41:02.728 T:1481634720 INFO: COMXAudio::IsEOS
- 14:41:02.728 T:1481634720 INFO: Process - eof reading from demuxer
- 14:41:02.728 T:1481634720 NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
Is the speed to high to loose data on usb bus?
The dongle as shown in dmesg:Code
- [ 4.224245] 8812au: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.
- [ 4.234159] RTL871X: module init start
- [ 4.234166] RTL871X: rtl8812au v4.3.20_16317.20160108
- [ 4.234168] RTL871X: build time: Feb 18 2017 05:04:28
- [ 4.376612] RTL871X: rtw_ndev_init(wlan0) if1 mac_addr=8c:88:2b:00:05:84
- [ 4.377484] usbcore: registered new interface driver rtl8812au
- [ 4.377493] RTL871X: module init ret=0
- [ 4.424381] uart-pl011 3f201000.serial: no DMA platform data
- [ 4.999885] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
- [ 6.065984] RTL871X: rtw_set_802_11_connect(wlan0) fw_state=0x00000008
- [ 6.270679] RTL871X: start auth
- [ 6.274011] RTL871X: auth success, start assoc
- [ 6.278609] RTL871X: rtw_cfg80211_indicate_connect(wlan0) BSS not found !!
- [ 6.278618] RTL871X: assoc success
- [ 6.278757] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready
- [ 6.285807] RTL871X: recv eapol packet
- [ 6.286417] RTL871X: send eapol packet
- [ 6.294705] RTL871X: recv eapol packet
- [ 6.294980] RTL871X: send eapol packet
- [ 6.295173] RTL871X: set pairwise key camid:4, addr:40:5d:82:d8:ed:e1, kid:0, type:AES
- [ 6.296989] RTL871X: set group key camid:5, addr:40:5d:82:d8:ed:e1, kid:1, type:AES
Any clue? Thank you in advance.