RPi4 testbuild with HD audio passtrhough (Atmos etc)

• Hi,

I installed LE 10.0.2 in my RPi4 and audio passthrogh is working very well, including losseless encoding. The only thing not working is Atmos. Atmos on DD+ tracks is not working also.

Have I to do on my RPi some special configuration to get it? RPi4 is connencted to a Yamaha RX-V6A. Thx!

• Did you enable True-HD passthrough in audio settings? It's off by default and you need to switch to advanced or expert level to see and change it.

For DD+ you would need to enable E-AC3 passthrough as well but I don't recommend that as it's buggy in kodi https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/19182

so long,

Hias

Yes. E-AC3, Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD MA are enabled and I’m getting DD+, DTHD and DTS HD MA, I can see it on the AVR display, but on tracks with Atmos the Atmos metadata is stripped. They are played without Atmos.

• Sorry, no idea then. Since you get Dolby True HD flagged the RPi/kodi side looks fine.

Might be worth checking your AVR settings, maybe something is set up wrong (or there's some firmware bug in the AVR).

so long,

Hias

• Sorry, no idea then. Since you get Dolby True HD flagged the RPi/kodi side looks fine.

Might be worth checking your AVR settings, maybe something is set up wrong (or there's some firmware bug in the AVR).

so long,

Hias

How Atmos detection is performed? AVR setup is 5.1.2.

I do not see any special settings for Atmos in it. However, thank you for your help.

• What a funny thing! I simply connected RPi to hdmi 1 of AVR instead of hdmi 2 and Atmos is working too! At least the first 3 hdmi inputs should be equal……

Ok.. I’m sorry for the lost time. Thank you for help! :)

• Just a quick update. I discovered It’s not the physical hdmi port to create the issue but how it is configured. If you enable on it a DSP Program the Atmos will not work, you need to put it in Straight mode to get Atmos. So, on Yamaha AVR, set it to Straight mode!