LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0.0

• May I ask what this means?

Drivers for RPi2 and 3 are currently not yet feature complete and stable.

LE10 uses a completely new and different graphics and video decoding stack. For quite some time RPi0-3 had some severe issues (which are mostly solved now) but so far we could do only a very limited amount of testing on RPi2/3 so there might be more bugs lurking.

One of the major missing features on RPi2/3 is GPU accelerated HEVC playback - which means HEVC is practically unusable. Not sure if or when this will be added, it's very tricky and other missing features like deinterlacing (which is also important for RPi4) have higher priority.

We'll look into providing LE10 testbuilds for RPi2/3, if you don't need HEVC these should already be quite usable - and feedback from testers will also help us find bugs.

so long,

Hias

• Sorry, I asked this in another thread.

Does LE10 make any changes to the DB?

I have a Maria DB feeding two installs. If I update one install and DB changes are made it'll affect the other install.

• Hey all,

Just did the update, but don't see DRM PRIME available in the Player options. Has it moved?

I am using a NUC, that works with the HDR devel images...

Cheers,

Ken

• The devel Image you are using is not LE10 - it based at a future graphic stack that removes the old x11 and enables HDR and goodnesss. This is not part of "official" LE10.

Ahh, so the new LE10.0 doesn't support HDR in Intel? That makes sense for what I am seeing then. Thanks for clarifying.

• The devel Image you are using is not LE10 - it based at a future graphic stack that removes the old x11 and enables HDR and goodnesss. This is not part of "official" LE10.

is "devel Image" apart from nightly ?

cause I'm on yesterdays nightly and see X11 as the "windowing management" (wording ?)

• Many of the add-ons I use weren't available in matrix so I tried to downgrade, but I can't boot up now. It gets stuck where it says "waiting for network to come online".

I backed up before starting so am happy to use a fresh install if needed, but what do I need to do next?

I have a dual boot with raspbian if that helps, using rpi4

• "devel" is the image tag for an ad-hoc built image .. not a scheduled nightly

so it is build only on demand or to proof against a temporary/specific fix or such and is not (every time ?) public available ?

ping kenmills were do you get the devel images from ?

Edited once, last by GDPR-7 (August 28, 2021 at 5:15 PM).

• Many of the add-ons I use weren't available in matrix so I tried to downgrade, but I can't boot up now. It gets stuck where it says "waiting for network to come online".

I backed up before starting so am happy to use a fresh install if needed, but what do I need to do next?

I have a dual boot with raspbian if that helps, using rpi4

Sorry if this is obvious, but it's there an easy way to create a fresh install?

Rpi4 dual boot with raspbian and LE, but LE won't start

• its basically a wording thing, if you hit build from our github sources you get a devel image - besides the name there is the same content

kenmills uses the HDR builds from smp

Am I wrong that nightly is build from the same github source ?

if not:

why is my nightlies window system on an Intel NUC then "X11" (last updated yesterday) ?

maybe I need to mention that I run an continuous updated nightly which I first (?; german: erstmals) put on an stick 2 month ago.

must I fresh install nightly to see the "future graphic stack without X11";

I guest it's called "GBM" ?!

Edited once, last by GDPR-7 (August 28, 2021 at 8:46 PM).

• One of the major missing features on RPi2/3 is GPU accelerated HEVC playback - which means HEVC is practically unusable. Not sure if or when this will be added, it's very tricky and other missing features like deinterlacing (which is also important for RPi4) have higher priority.

I always thought that HEVC was a hardware thing and wold never see this on rpi3, but now is like there's a light in the end of the tunel.

They're letting us dream kkkkk