Posts by PANiCnz

More info from further testing:

• Issue also arises when switching between inputs i.e. from HDM1 to HDMI2 then back to HDMI1.
    • Have tried different refresh rates i.e. 30Hz, 50Hz, and 60Hz, makes no difference.
    • Have tried a RPi4 with 9.2.3 and its fine, can switch between inputs etc. without issue.
    • Have tried an Xbox One and its fine, can switch between inputs etc. without issue.
    • Have tried a Odroid C4 with similar an OS similar to LE and the screen goes blank when Kodi is loaded.

I've recently upgraded from a 1080p Samsung to a 4k Panasonic, and now I'm having an issue where the screen is blank/black after turning the TV off then on again. If i turn the TV off then turn it on again quickly Kodi is displayed as expected, but if I leave a 5-10 minute gap (or longer) between turning off and then on nothing is displayed. The only way to get Kodi back is to reboot the HTPC.

Screen is a Panasonic TH-55GX850Z, and LibreELEC (9.2.3) is installed on a ASRock J4105-ITX.

So far I've tried a new HDMI cable, and setting a Custom EDID (per the instructions in the wiki).

Hey Thanks, I was able to install 8.0 build that you mentioned but when I upgrade to 9.2.2 screen goes black. I can still access it via ssh or smb but nothing on screen. Any idea what might be happening ? Do I need to copy any Boot files after installation to HDD.

I am seeing the same issue as OP. After updating to 9.2.2 screen is blank but taking screenshot gives kodi's opening screen.

No idea sorry. This process worked fine on my Compute Stick, admittedly with Bay Trail rather than Apollo Lake. Ultimately you're only using the 8.0 build above to get a 32bit bootloader, so I would have expected it to work ok.

PANiCnz If using the official nightlies you can either use the "box" image with the correct dtb named in uEnv.ini written to USB - this uses the internal SPI u-boot which will find our boot files, or you can use the "lafrite" image which uses extlinux boot config and our own u-boot. The C2/K2 extlinux images will not boot on LaFrite; the C2/K2 are GXBB devices and LaFrite is GXL, so the device-specific u-boot 'fip' sources are not compatible. Note that the 512MB LaFrite board will boot but Kodi will not start due to the current CMA allocation in device-tree/kernel. If you search the forums there's a thread where another 512MB board user figured out some tweaked settings that allow Kodi to run - and he is sharing his images.

Thanks chewitt! I am successfully running the official nightlies. What's the difference between the nightlies and balbes150's build? Should I expect smooth video playback with the nightlies? or is the code still too new?

If you have a u-boot in SPI\eMMC, use the image for odroid-c2\nanopi-k2 with the correct DTB. All images (except g12) share a common core and differ only in a set of startup scripts.

I've tried both the C2 and K2 images (with the correct DTB) with my LaFrite, but neither will boot successfully. Any other advice?

Should the AMLGX image work with the La Frite? Have been using the Amlogic nightly successfully but they're no longer being publish.

Have flash the USB drive successfully, and changed the uEnv file to reference the correct DTB file, but the La Frite just keeps cycling through its boot process and wont boot off the USB drive.

1. would you guys recommend giving back the NUC7CJYH (with 4GB Single Channel) and getting the NUC7PJYH (with the J5005 + 8GB Dual Channel)?

What i want is: fluid skin (no animations necessary), hardware decoding of h.264 and h.265, some streaming addons mostly in 1080p (youtube, etc.). That should work

Not sure you'll see any tangible difference going from the J4005 to the J5005, so if you wnat to upgrade go for at least an i3 or i5. In saying that an upgrade shouldn't be necessary, all Gemini Lake chips should do 4k and 1080p H264 and H265 fine. I wouldn't worry too much about CPU utilization when watching video.

I just bought a Asrock J4015-ITX recently and highly rate it. Does 4k fine, no HDR yet but thats a wider Linux problem. Found it even works fine with 2GB DIMMS which helped keep cost down. 2 x 4GB DIMMS seem overkill and unnecessary for LE.

Thanks for sharing. Recently bought a Gemini Lake ITX board so this is helpful.