Posts by PANiCnz

Before I look deeper into the code, does this "touch /storage/.config/argon40_rc.lock" don't work for you?

Regarding the range. I have seen your post in Argon40 forum. I can only report from a buddy of me, who is owner of a Argon One V1 and has added the IR Receiver manually. He reported a bad response to the IR signal until he has made a slot/hole in the transluent red plastic cover. Before made such irreversible changes you should check without the bottom assembled.

Edit:
    In a short test with my universal remote control, I got a distance of about 4m/13 feet when I pointed the remote control frontal to the argon case. The further you go away, it seems more important to keep the remote control at the same heights as the case/IR sensor.

Thanks "touch /storage/.config/argon40_rc.lock" sorted it.

Found my range issues are likely being caused by the remote rather than the sensor. Range on my SofaBaton U1 is terrible compared to my Flirc Skip 1s. Unfortunately, the range of devices supported by the Skip 1s is a big lack luster.

The reason Confluence doesnt work with Omega is there have been changes to the skinning API. Change the version number in the XML file bypasses the version check so Confluence will run. But given you haven't fixed the underlying incompatibility you shouldn't expect it to run perfectly.

I've installed version 0.0.10, and it looks to be performing as expected.

My remote is no longer working. Am using a SofaBaton, with the onboard IR receiver and a mecool_kii_pro keymap.

Edit: ignore that all sorted. Has anyone else found the range on the v3 IR receiver to be crap? I'm barely getting 6ft. Using a FLIRC as a temporary solution but would rather use the builtin receiver.

Can the addon be configured so it doesn't override /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg on boot? I've changed it to support the remote I'm using but after a reboot its back to the argon40 remote.

If the on/off frequency of the fan is pretty constant, then I would say it's expected behavior. My power LED (always-on expected) had random on/off cycles without that fix.

Yeah its constant. Kinda annoying but not too bad.

After about 30 seconds of testing this seems to solve the problem. Haven't tested any of the other features but the fan isnt pulsing at this stage.

Add-On was update to version 0.0.7.

Thanks for maintaining this addon its great.

Using a V3 case with an LE12 nightly and addon v0.0.7, the fan pulses every 20-30 seconds. Is this expected behavior? LE is reporting temps of about 42c and fan thresholds are the default.

From memory LE should run well with a discrete Intel card like Arc A380 if you want to retain your existing hardware. But I suspect a RPi5 would provide a comparable experience for far less power consumption.

I've got a RPi5 as a secondary setup and I can't notice any difference with my J4105 based HTPC in the lounge. I've got the RPi5 booting off a NVMe drive and it's a slick experience.

well, sounds like I need to get 24hz, or rather 23.98hz working. anyone have any ideas on that? I’m not sure what is going on with my video pipeline. I tried copying the edid, but that didn’t help. I’m not totally sure what the Prime DRM decoding does, but it doesn’t seem to affect my problem on or off.

I did manage to get HD audio working (with playback at 60hz).

Have you read this article and following the recommendations? This forum post over at OSMC is also worth a read.

If you're having issues with 24hz/23.98hz you might need to investigate the "Allow 3:2 pulldown refresh rates" setting.