LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0 BETA3

• Official Post

Source: LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0 BETA3 – LibreELEC

• Updated from Beta 2 to Beta 3, all is well. Everything that was working before is still working. My use case is pretty simple, just streaming from my NAS , X264, X265, MP4, 2k and 4k, all SDR. Thanks!

Edit: Just upgraded my old HP300-230 HTPC (it looks like a Tupperware bowl) to Beta 3 and it is working well also.

Edited once, last by whysoserious (May 21, 2021 at 9:44 PM).

• Tried the 10.0 Beta 3 on Raspberry Pi 4, using a fresh installation as recommended in the release notes. Looks good at first sight, but any video will come out garbled. I can basically see the decoder tiles. I understand that RPI4 support is considered alpha, but is it expected that video playback is completely broken or am I just missing a setting, a firmware update, anything else to fix video playback?

In case you are wondering, the hardware is fine, it works nicely with 9.2.x.

• Looks and feels the same as 10b2. Was hopping that the muffled and crackling sound using DRM PRIME HW acceleration would be fixed but no: every video with greater than 1080p res is showing this problem. Using a RPI4 4GB BCM2711 (analog sound output).

Waiting to see if the random 10b2 GUI lag will happen again.

Anyway, good job guys. Keep up the good work.

• Well, it really happens with all the files I tried and I tried a few different formats. Same with any Video add-ons I tried (Vimeo, for example). What would be the appropriate forum, "General Support" ?

• Official Post

Looks and feels the same as 10b2. Was hopping that the muffled and crackling sound using DRM PRIME HW acceleration would be fixed but no: every video with greater than 1080p res is showing this problem. Using a RPI4 4GB BCM2711 (analog sound output).

Waiting to see if the random 10b2 GUI lag will happen again.

Anyway, good job guys. Keep up the good work.

if you continue using analog audio output the sound will never improve.

• Official Post

Tried the 10.0 Beta 3 on Raspberry Pi 4, using a fresh installation as recommended in the release notes. Looks good at first sight, but any video will come out garbled. I can basically see the decoder tiles. I understand that RPI4 support is considered alpha, but is it expected that video playback is completely broken or am I just missing a setting, a firmware update, anything else to fix video playback?

In case you are wondering, the hardware is fine, it works nicely with 9.2.x.

There is no deinterlacing present for HW decoding, so if you need deinterlacing you have to disable HW decoding.

• if you continue using analog audio output the sound will never improve.

Still, it is supposed to work or the RPi4 would not come with analog output. it only happens on greater than 1080p videos and disabling HW acceleration makes it work. In previous versions had to disable deinterlacing to make it work.

• Still, it is supposed to work or the RPi4 would not come with analog output. it only happens on greater than 1080p videos and disabling HW acceleration makes it work. In previous versions had to disable deinterlacing to make it work.

These are all known limitations. See also this recent thread kodi-rpi 19.1-4 crackling audio on analog output (jack)

You can avoid the crackling by adding audio_pwm_mode=1 to config.txt - but that will result in lower quality audio output.

If you want decent analog audio output invest 10-30 bucks in an I2S DAC HAT.

so long,

Hias

• Updated from 9.95.2 to 9.95.3 and am running NextPVR version 8.2.3.1.

I could not play live TV because the EPG time was off by one hour. It was as though the system did not realize we are in DST. Interestingly enough, I logged in via SSH and the date command gave the correct time. Don't know why the EPG in Kodi is incorrect.

I downgraded from 9.95.3 to 9.95.2 and the problem went away.

• I could not play live TV because the EPG time was off by one hour. It was as though the system did not realize we are in DST.

Are you sure you have the correct timezone? It is working fine here with 8.2.3.1 and ssh shows EDT. Also problems are supposed to be reported in a new thread.