Kodi Leia runs poorly compared to Krypton on my Raspberry Pi 2. Specifically it appears to run sluggishly when playing live TV using nextPVR. I've encountered the following problems with LE 9.0.2 (Kodi Leia 18.2):
- The initial problem I encountered was the screen going black when changing channels. I resolved this issue by getting rid of all overclocking code in my config.txt file.
- The next problem I encountered was the video skipping frames in order to maintain sync. I partially resolved this issue, but not to my satisfaction, by turning off de-interlacing under video settings.
- Another problem I encountered was the audio being out of sync with the video. This problem is intermittent and I have not found a permanent solution to the issue.
- When changing channels, the screen will freeze or go black for a good 8 seconds while the audio is playing and then suddenly jump to the video syncing with the audio.
- Finally I my system would crash whenever I attempted to perform time shifting. This turned out to be an issue with a setting in the nextPVR add-on.
I've used two different methodologies to create my system files:
(1) Clean install of LE version 9.02 using LE USB-SD Creator. After an initial setup, I restored from a backup created by the current version of LE 8.2.5.
(2) Clean install of LE version 8.2.5 using LE USB-SD Creator. After an initial setup, I restored from a backup created by my current version of LE 8.2.5. After verifying that everything was working properly, I upgraded the system to LE version 9.0.2.
Note: Both systems are licensed to use the Pi's hardware MPEG2 decoder.
Has anyone else experienced similar problems running Leia on a Raspberry Pi 2 or higher?