Posts by emveepee

I have been away and missed the last few updates but I just tried to update the emmc to the latest version using the latest file in .update and the update failed with the missing /dtb/rockchip/rk3566-quartz64-a.dtb among other things. So I guess the emmc install isn't very useful with these pre release kernel builds.

Continuing on, since my emmc is no longer usable I installed the new image to SD card but it still doesn't take the mac= parameter The udev rule approach you suggested was working from the emmc.

I copied the update to .update but this broke the emmc installation

Code
    Retrieving file: /dtb/rockchip/rk3566-quartz64-a.dtb
    ** Unable to read file /dtb/rockchip/rk3566-quartz64-a.dtb **
    Skipping LibreELEC for failure retrieving FDT
    SCRIPT FAILED: continuing...
    libfdt fdt_check_header(): FDT_ERR_BADMAGIC

I mounted the emmc and noticed there was only a dtb_old folder so I copied dtb folder from the image, but it still doesn't boot. It says could not mount Label=LE_EMMC

Yes I am sure. I tried several times and it failed, so ended up using another emmc and it boots fine from it now. I can't get it to save a fixed IP address via LibreElec settings and can't set the mac (or ethaddr) in extlinux.conf

I am not sure what you mean by ArmbianTV but I installed one of the Armbian desktops I had made sure it worked ok, then run the LE setup to emmc and I guess it finishes since it goes to black screen. It did something because desktop no longer starts but neither does LE, the boot hangs with the pxeboot.

It has U-Boot SPL 2022.04-armbian (Jul 07 2022 - 08:50:57 +0300) and log is here

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Martin

Here is the boot sequence

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    I just burn to emmc with Etcher since installtoemmc.sh doesn't work.

Turning on EGL rendering gave me the OSD thanks.

When I say no MAC address, I need to use a fixed IP since every time LE boots it has an new MAC and my DHCP server gives a new IP address.

ver 20220819 kernel 5.19.1

Thanks for the test builds. I installed this Quartz64a build and it easily passes my test of hosting a pvr server and allowing Kodi to play live TV on the host and stream to another box, while recording a third show, with lots to spare (writing to SD)

However some that things continue to be a problem

- emmc installs complain that LIBRELEC is not mounted. SD card installs work fine.

- there is no OSD over video.

- no MAC address

Martin