7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• trying to do this and i'm not getting something. i have beelink minimx. i do not see any reset button to 'toothpick' but i have the update/backup app preinstalled. however, it does not see any zip i can use (i used rufus to make bootable)
    am i suppose to just use a .zip or .img or .gz on a sd card when using the update/backup app method? if so, which one? how do i add the device tree if i'm suppose to use the .gz?
    i'm lost =\

Hi mate

I think the toothpick hole on the minimx is on the under side of the box and is literally a very tiny hole that you can just about slot a small pin in to click down.

• trying to do this and i'm not getting something. i have beelink minimx. i do not see any reset button to 'toothpick' but i have the update/backup app preinstalled. however, it does not see any zip i can use (i used rufus to make bootable)
    am i suppose to just use a .zip or .img or .gz on a sd card when using the update/backup app method? if so, which one? how do i add the device tree if i'm suppose to use the .gz?
    i'm lost =\

read this LibreELEC

Downloads: 7.0.2.009

using rufus, select dd from the drop down, & the file you have just downloaded, see above

burn to a microsd card

download device tree from http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/7.0.2.009/device _trees/

you need gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi

rename this to dtb.img don't forget to change the file extension to img

stick card in pc, overwrite dtb.img with the one above

stick microsd card into beelink

while turning the beelink on, hold in the reset button, after a few seconds release

it should then start to show the lireelec logo

I think you are getting confused with zip gz etc

just realised, the device tree is for the Beelink MiniMX III, otherwise get the correct device tree for your device.

Edited once, last by bubblegum57 (November 24, 2016 at 8:06 PM).

• Anyone else with the same problems and solution for them?

• The second issues is with video playback. I calibrated the screen so that the Kodi GUI is perfectly aligned. But as soon as I play any kind of video the calibration is off again. I can see it since subtitles and lower and if I check the GUI the buttons are trimmed. When video stops the screen blinks and the Kodi GUI is aligned again.

Hi

you need to calibrate the screen for all modes : 1080p60 (which is the default for Kodi GUI), 1080p24, 1080p50, etc.

When viewing a video, press OK and then go to screen -> calibration.

• Bingo. Didn't know that. I calibrated the screen during video playback and it is back to perfect. Thank you for the tip!

Only one more issue to fix. The power on/off. Anyone else with Nexbox A95X S905 that has a working power on/off with remote control solution?

• Are you sure MiniMX uses a Realtek chip? I used the non-Realtek dtb and it worked fine. That said I don't use wifi on my box, only ethernet..

That's the one I use, for my BeelinkMiniMX III & I think my wifi is better than when I originally installed Libreelec.

But, you can try yours, just rename it & overwrite, let us know which one works

• thank you for the break down of the steps. i was trying to do this but i couldn't find the reset. however, it was on the underside like he mentioned and i tried that. however the box just seemed to hang at the initial boot screen ("welcome hi!" with a little bear) holding the reset down for almost 5 minutes and nothing was happening. unplugged and plugged back in without holding reset to see if i didn't brick the box, but it loaded regularly. not bricked.
    anybody know why it might now work? i used the gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb as suggested by another user for my box. should i just keep trying other device trees or isit something else causing it just stop at the boot screen?

• I just tested the latest dev build. Same issue with tvheadend as before. It seems that the issue is coming faster then with the previous dev build. I'm trying to get a pertinent log but it's not easy...

Edit : Log : DL.FREE.FR

Edited once, last by cyberden (November 25, 2016 at 12:04 AM).

• Can't get 7.0.2.009 to boot on an MXQ Pro 4K 1Gb 100M via USB (rufus built), just sits at the firmware splash. I've tried all 1G p200 device trees, as well as the p201 to no avail. Anyone have a suggestions?