Posts by fragler

thank you for the break down of the steps. i was trying to do this but i couldn't find the reset. however, it was on the underside like he mentioned and i tried that. however the box just seemed to hang at the initial boot screen ("welcome hi!" with a little bear) holding the reset down for almost 5 minutes and nothing was happening. unplugged and plugged back in without holding reset to see if i didn't brick the box, but it loaded regularly. not bricked.
    anybody know why it might now work? i used the gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb as suggested by another user for my box. should i just keep trying other device trees or isit something else causing it just stop at the boot screen?

trying to do this and i'm not getting something. i have beelink minimx. i do not see any reset button to 'toothpick' but i have the update/backup app preinstalled. however, it does not see any zip i can use (i used rufus to make bootable)
    am i suppose to just use a .zip or .img or .gz on a sd card when using the update/backup app method? if so, which one? how do i add the device tree if i'm suppose to use the .gz?
    i'm lost =\

oh i think i see what i'm suppose to use now. there is one image for S905 and there there is another file (dtb) to make it work specifically for whichever device i have? ie what envagyok told me 1G GBIT DTB. that line makes more sense now!

I didn't realize i needed 2 files at first.. didn't understand the lingo being new to this, but the guide all make sense now that i know that.

thank you guys! i will see what kind of damage i can do with the newly acquired information! :P

I have this box too.
    this is perfect, you can use libreelec with 1g GBit DTB.

I have the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator. the list of LE versions to download

Code
    Cubox/Humingboard/imx6
    Generic AMD/Intel/x86/64bit
    Odroid C2
    RaspberryPi 2/3
    Raspberrypi 0/1
    WeTek Core
    WeTek Hub
    WeTek Play
    WeTek Play 2

do i use generic? or maybe the imx6??

Hello,

This is the android box i currently have. Beelink Mini MX. I wanted to know if there was an image for this box? i see a lot of other S905 boxes listed, but i do not see this one. is there a generic image i can use? or a specific one i'm missing? or maybe i'm the only one with this box and i should get a more popular one?

Any help or guidance is appreciated, thank you!

Purchased off of GearBest and specs here copy pasted from there: