7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• I installed this on a MXQ Pro 4k box I purchased to use with PlexKodiConnect as a test. So far everything is great. Had an issue with sound but that was because while the android system info showed p201, that device tree was not correct. Using the p200 device tree everything is working great.

Only issue is RAM used up quickly when browsing movies/tv shows. I avoid a lockup by using Kore to select what to watch if I am just browsing.

Thank you very much this is exactly what I wanted this box for.

Edited once, last by Songoty (November 19, 2016 at 8:37 PM).

• I just got a Beelink Mini Xiii II. But I can't seem to find the excact img.gz file i should use? I can't seem to find them at all actually. Or which version do I choose in the LibreELEC USB-SD creator? Do I choose WeTek play or?

• I just got a Beelink Mini Xiii II. But I can't seem to find the excact img.gz file i should use? I can't seem to find them at all actually. Or which version do I choose in the LibreELEC USB-SD creator? Do I choose WeTek play or?

Hi, I suggest you to follow the information provided in the first post of this thread... It seems that you haven't read it at all...

• I'm playing with 007/008/009 versions last few days on Minix U1 and i have to say that 007 feels most usable of them all. No popping sounds and vc1 playback is superb. On 008/009 vc1 has heavy audio offset which cannot be fixed by changing offset in audio menu in playback, always stay's the same. The movie in question is Batman Begins mkv vc1 with trueHD. On 007 it plays without issues. I'm suspecting that different s905 boxes react different to every release.

sent from my G2

skip number 1 and in number 2 you have "select file"
    this is unofficial libreelec and it doesn't appear in libreelec sd creator

• Hi, I suggest you to follow the information provided in the first post of this thread... It seems that you haven't read it at all...

I read the whole post, and it doesn't make that much sense. Right underneath it are posts explaining that some of the info is not correct anymore. But thanks for the warm welcome, always nice to meet such helpful individuals on forums.

• I read the whole post, and it doesn't make that much sense. Right underneath it are posts explaining that some of the info is not correct anymore. But thanks for the warm welcome, always nice to meet such helpful individuals on forums.

Sorry if i appeared rude, honestly it was not my intention... By the way you should download this image LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.009.img.gz and burn it to a SD or USB... Is this what you are asking? This is the correct img :)

• I read the whole post, and it doesn't make that much sense. Right underneath it are posts explaining that some of the info is not correct anymore. But thanks for the warm welcome, always nice to meet such helpful individuals on forums.

1. - Stop acting like a baby
    2. - Download this file...

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.009.img.gz

3. - Unzip it
    4. - download this file...

gxl_p212_2g.dtb

Rename it to dtb.img

4. Download Win32diskimager (if on mac get whatever the mac version of that program is)
    5. Stick sd card into computer or laptop and use win32disk to write the file you extracted to the card.
    6. Copy dtb.img from step 4 onto the sd card you just wrote (overwrite file)
    7. Put SD card into mini mx iii ii
    8. start box up with 'toothpick' method - it will boot into libreelec
    9. ssh into box (i use putty on windows) - ip address of box, username root, password libreelec
    10. type 'installtointernal'
    11. Wait for box to reboot - if you get an error when rebooting then do step 9 and 10 again as some boxes need to have that done twice
    11. you can now remove your sd card from the box
    12. i believe the mx iii ii you need to add this to autostart.sh (i would use filezilla to sftp into box to do this)

insmod /lib/modules/qca9377-aml/compat.ko
    mount -o bind /lib/modules/qca9377-aml/cfg80211.ko /lib/modules/3.14.29/kernel/net/wireless/cfg80211.ko
    mount -o bind /lib/modules/qca9377-aml/wlan.ko /lib/modules/3.14.29/kernel/drivers/amlogic/wifi/bcmdhd/dhd.ko

That is if you intend to use wifi

This is all in the first post more or less, if you dont understand any of it then i wouldnt try as you may brick your box.

Make sure you have an android firmware for your box (beelink forum) and get a copy of recovery.img and dtb.img from it incase you do anything wrong and need to get back into recovery again.

Edited once, last by bobobalde (November 19, 2016 at 3:12 PM).

• Sorry if i appeared rude, honestly it was not my intention... By the way you should download this image LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.009.img.gz and burn it to a SD or USB... Is this what you are asking? This is the correct img :)

No problem, don't know why I got confused by that install process in the first post. I think I didn't see the very first link to the image in the top :blush: . But it does make sense now. It seems my box won't boot from USB though, so I will have to try and find a micro sd-card instead.
    [hr]

Thanks for that bobobalde, thats a big help. I did get most of the process figured out except my box doesn't seem to support booting from USB.

Edited once, last by beatwolf (November 19, 2016 at 6:19 PM).

• I'm playing with 007/008/009 versions last few days on Minix U1 and i have to say that 007 feels most usable of them all. No popping sounds and vc1 playback is superb. On 008/009 vc1 has heavy audio offset which cannot be fixed by changing offset in audio menu in playback, always stay's the same. The movie in question is Batman Begins mkv vc1 with trueHD. On 007 it plays without issues. I'm suspecting that different s905 boxes react different to every release.

sent from my G2

If you have a movie that doesn't work, please provide a sample. I test every build on my 50GB+ of samples but I'm aware this can't cover every playback case. Can you also test the latest dev build on your setup? It's posted a few posts ago.

• If you have a movie that doesn't work, please provide a sample. I test every build on my 50GB+ of samples but I'm aware this can't cover every playback case. Can you also test the latest dev build on your setup? It's posted a few posts ago.

Yea, will try as soon as my net comes back and my wife let's me [emoji16]

sent from my G2

• Out of curiosity... Anyone know if the S905X chip can handle VP9 Profile 2 with HDR for YouTube streaming assuming there's an app/add-on that works!?

Yes...VP9 Profile 2 files number 15. and 16. under section 5 from this link: Samples - Official Kodi Wiki play smoothly...however, they are not flagged as HDR so have the wrong dynamic range and colors in playback...

Edited once, last by mytbyte (November 19, 2016 at 11:14 PM).