Posts by Archimago

Interesting comment and I'm seeing something similar. Through Yamaha RX-V781, the 12-02 build seems more 'finnicky' at 4K/60Hz. More blank screen but the image does sync properly once awhile. What I can do is switch input to something else on the receiver then go back to the S905X input and it'll be OK. 009 do seem to function better in this regard.

Just wanted to update on this situation. I found out what was causing the blacking out issue... It was because I had a Logitech Unifying keyboard receiver in USB 2 port on my Sunvell T95X box. Moving this to USB 1 stabilized the HDMI 2.0 signal. 12-02 dev build works fine now. Not sure why there was a difference between this and 009. In any case, I guess this is what happens using a cheap box and pushing it to 4K/60/HDR :-).

Great work on LE kszaq!

Just updated from 009 to the 12-02 dev build. 4k content no longer displays.. my TV says "no signal" and there is no pic (only sound).
    I can provide logs if required?

EDIT: When I bypass my amp (Yamaha RX-V381), 4k plays! But via the amp.. no picture. This behavior is only with 12-02 ... with 009 release, everything including 4k works fine through the amp.

EDIT2: I've flashed back to 009 and 4k is working again (via the amp).

Interesting comment and I'm seeing something similar. Through Yamaha RX-V781, the 12-02 build seems more 'finnicky' at 4K/60Hz. More blank screen but the image does sync properly once awhile. What I can do is switch input to something else on the receiver then go back to the S905X input and it'll be OK. 009 do seem to function better in this regard.

I think that specific LG clip is HLG, it's currently being test-broadcasted on European satellite and it's hybrid, not true HDR, which can work as SDR as well on regular UHD TVs, so possibly herein lies the explanation... Perhaps the TV is not so strict about resolution when it gets HLG... Try turning off HDR in openelec as explained earlier in the thread and see if it will get detected as HDR and how the picture would look...I expect it to look about the same, whereas true HDR clips would look washed out...

I wouldn't care too much for 4K h.264, it shouldn't even exist[emoji15] those clips are generally made to be played on PCs where 4K HEVC is too great a strain for general purpose processors...

Sent from my GM 5 Plus d using Tapatalk

Indeed, I think you're very correct that high bitrate H.264 4K is non-sense :-). I've started re-encoding them to H.265...

As for the LG clip, it actually works now! Vizio has a new updated "beta" firmware 3.0.6.4 available for the asking here. (Just PM to Matt McRae.) Very cool. Now all my HDR10 clips play back properly with the S905X box. Looks fantastic...

I notice still a few glitches here and there (occasional screen flicker/blanking), but for the most part, very smooth...

Movie files with chapters , No issues at all with .009 .
    I don't have many movies with chapters so went through my library testing seek when i noticed chapters and it seems that 10 minutes forward may jump to the next chapter and that is what throws it out.

Yup. I think this was my issue as well. The movie I tried it on had chapters. The image just froze when trying to seek on my T95X (S905X, 2GB/16GB) box. Returned to stock .009 and no problem.
    [hr]

I raised that issue a couple of pages ago...other reports also suggest that s905x default HDR conversion is not confugured right in all s905x boxes...I see you do have a HDR TV and still have trouble so the trouble also extends to teh HDMI output...

Strange thing today while playing one of the LG OLED 4K/HDR demos (Cymatic Jazz), it actually turned on HDR on the Vizio P75-C1 when playing the wrong resolution (1280x720, not 4K)!

Other than lots of screen tearing with high bitrate H.264's (like 4K/60 demos, typically with 100Mbps bitrates, Amlogic bug?), the software works great and so far no problem with bitstreaming all kinds of audio to the Yamaha receiver.

Great work on Libreelec for these Amlogics!

Same issue as kostaman above using my T95X box (S905X) and the test build. Unable to randomly select or jump around the timeline of the main movie. Image stalls and at times audio plays. This is over SMB network.

Have gone back to .09.

Side question to folks with S905X units. Anyone able to play HDR videos like the LG demo files properly???

I'm seeing strange things like magenta casts, wrong tone mapping, poor contrast...

I'm using Visio P75-1C TV and Yamaha rXv781 receiver in mode 1 HDMI. Any help appreciated$!