7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• Regarding remapping volume keys

If you don't want to play with keymap editor and are running LE from SD card, you can take the card out and use your computer to edit remote.conf that is present on SD card - that's the one copied from Android. Edit it and replace numbers in second column: 104 -> 115, 109 -> 114.

When installed to nand, I do have 2 remote.conf files, one in /tmp and one in /flash. As /flash is read-only, editing the one in /tmp is the correct one? Will it endure updates?

• The file in /flash is copied from Android, the one in /tmp is a temporary file created by remapping script. If you want to edit it, you should copy it to /storage/.config and make changes there. It has higher priority than file in /flash.

• You might have to set up your speaker konfiguration in KODI to 5.1 for every file you play because of SPDIF. Lots of AVR can't read AAC and the Z5500 doesn't eiter. You have to set up KODI to decode 7.1 Audiio by itselve and not pass it through to your sound system.

how can I set up KODI to decode 7.1 AAC and send it through Z5500?

PS: I tried the same mkv file with 7.1 AAC through PC in KODI 16.1 with SPDIF directsound passthrough and center voice works ok!

Edited once, last by Sine64 (December 3, 2016 at 11:40 AM).

• Hi kszaq,
    thanks for your work. Last dev build seems very stable.
    MXV+ S905 1GB 1Gbit::
    DTS, DD, DTS-HD MA passthrough is working, CPU temperature works, no pops/clicks, no A/V sync issue (test lot of files), no memory leaks.
    Perfect...

• Just updated from 009 to the 12-02 dev build. 4k content no longer displays.. my TV says "no signal" and there is no pic (only sound).
    I can provide logs if required?

EDIT: When I bypass my amp (Yamaha RX-V381), 4k plays! But via the amp.. no picture. This behavior is only with 12-02 ... with 009 release, everything including 4k works fine through the amp.

EDIT2: I've flashed back to 009 and 4k is working again (via the amp).

Edited once, last by RowanDDR (December 3, 2016 at 5:20 PM).

• Just updated from 009 to the 12-02 dev build. 4k content no longer displays.. my TV says "no signal" and there is no pic (only sound).
    I can provide logs if required?

EDIT: When I bypass my amp (Yamaha RX-V381), 4k plays! But via the amp.. no picture. This behavior is only with 12-02 ... with 009 release, everything including 4k works fine through the amp.

EDIT2: I've flashed back to 009 and 4k is working again (via the amp).

Interesting comment and I'm seeing something similar. Through Yamaha RX-V781, the 12-02 build seems more 'finnicky' at 4K/60Hz. More blank screen but the image does sync properly once awhile. What I can do is switch input to something else on the receiver then go back to the S905X input and it'll be OK. 009 do seem to function better in this regard.

• My MXIII (s905) is getting stuck at the boot screen with the new 12-2 devel. I have a 16GB SD card formatted as NTFS, the SD card is only used for LE backups and removing the card lets the box boot. This has never happened until 12-2, all prior build going back to 002 all worked.

I have tried reformatting with the same results.

Formatted the same SD card as FAT32 and it boot without issue.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (December 3, 2016 at 10:00 PM).

• Hello,

I have 009 version on my Beelink Mini MX III and it really good well.

The only problem I have is that I use other remote with USB IR receiver, so I can not switch on the device with my remote.

I want to configure the POWER key to power on/off the TV with CEC, but I don't know how to do it.

I try this:

Code
    # kodi-send --action="CECStandby"
    Sending action: CECStandby

But it doesn't work.

How could I configure it?

Best regards.

• I want to configure the POWER key to power on/off the TV with CEC, but I don't know how to do it.

The Kodi built in functions appear to be broken in LE, I never could get to the bottom of it.

I use the following script for my TV. It creates two temporary files to track status. $file indicates whether the TV is on or off, $file2 indicates that the script is working as there is a several second delay for cec-client to do it's thing. $file2 prevents my impatient wife from pressing the button a million times and running the script over and over.

The script also sends a stop command to kodi and sends a notification when turning off the tv. I simply leave my LE box on all the time.

The script is called cecpower.sh and I call it from my keymap like this:

Code
    <key id="323664">system.exec(/storage/.kodi/userdata/cecpower.sh)</key>

The whole thing is quite a hack, but it works in my case.

• Interesting comment and I'm seeing something similar. Through Yamaha RX-V781, the 12-02 build seems more 'finnicky' at 4K/60Hz. More blank screen but the image does sync properly once awhile. What I can do is switch input to something else on the receiver then go back to the S905X input and it'll be OK. 009 do seem to function better in this regard.

For me with lg 4k display and onkyo 4k avr work all 4k video perfect with 12-02 build

• Thanks! Those instructions worked perfectly. 4k 24/7 now.

I fear I may have missed a post earlier regarding plugins. Im trying to install audo but get an error relating to missing dependencies. Two questions around this.
    1. What are the known issues around plugins that that I could use to address my issue.
    2. Do you have stable versions with an older version of Kodi where addons all work (dependencies met)?

Testing your new dev build now. Will feedback.

PS. More than willing to run tests and provide feedback where I can.
    Cheers
    Mark

• So mostly everything runs very well on my Mini M8S II but there are a few tweaks I'd like to mention because it might affect some people.

- A wired ethernet connection sometimes wouldn't function after startup. In Libreelec Addon it would say connection is OK but no internet or network connection to a computer would be possible until I restart one or even a few times. WLAN worked without problems so far although it's very slow at about 11-14 MBit/s but I think that is a hardware limitation.
    - With SPDIF Dolby TrueHD Atmos sound is converted to 2 channel sound but center is missing so I hear no dialogues. The AC3 passthrough isn't working correctly. My AVR can handle AC3 and DTS so I deactivated DTSHD and TrueHD in passthrough settings but I still have this bug.
    - On brightness settings lower than 50 the whole screen is lighting up like in extreme gamma settings.
    - Navigation is a bit tripping. Nothing serious but if you hold right or left to scroll through you movie library it's not as smooth as on my windows computer. Also if you open a window it would start to open then get stuck for maybe half a second and then continue opening. It's not that bad but still a little visual bug.

I hope that helps making this OS even more perfect and if some of this issues are resolveld already and I just missed out the solution I gladly stand corrected.

Edited once, last by honolulu1 (December 4, 2016 at 3:10 PM).

• I fear I may have missed a post earlier regarding plugins. Im trying to install audo but get an error relating to missing dependencies. Two questions around this.
    1. What are the known issues around plugins that that I could use to address my issue.
    2. Do you have stable versions with an older version of Kodi where addons all work (dependencies met)?

Testing your new dev build now. Will feedback.

PS. More than willing to run tests and provide feedback where I can.
    Cheers
    Mark

In Jarvis builds all dependencies should be met. For Krypton I will address this in next build.

• The DACs on the receivers TAS1020B and SA9023 - Norm. Plays great!
    The DACs on the receivers XMOS 8U6C5 - Periodic crackling, Strong distortion.

Got to test the new USB-DAC on the usb receiver "Tenor TL7022L".
    Tested "Build 7.0.2.009" and "Devel r23473" - Norm. Plays great!

Do I understand correctly that the USB-DACs on XMOS will not work on Libreelec?