Posts by Sine64

You might have to set up your speaker konfiguration in KODI to 5.1 for every file you play because of SPDIF. Lots of AVR can't read AAC and the Z5500 doesn't eiter. You have to set up KODI to decode 7.1 Audiio by itselve and not pass it through to your sound system.

how can I set up KODI to decode 7.1 AAC and send it through Z5500?

PS: I tried the same mkv file with 7.1 AAC through PC in KODI 16.1 with SPDIF directsound passthrough and center voice works ok!

7.1 AAC was supported by LibreELEC, therefore it doesn't matter whether it is S905 or S905X.

SPDIF was designed decades ago and only supports 5.1.

Don't know what your DTS decoder means, guess it's your AV Receiver. LibreELEC or Kodi won't convert 7.1 AAC to DTS for your AVR to decode. Not sure what audio format the box will output through the SPDIF but I had no problem in playback of 2160p 10bit HEVC HE-AAC 7.1 mkv right from the very beginning, at least for audio.

Yes I meant DTS decoder means my Logitech Z5500 speakers. I'm playing 2160p 10bit HEVC HE-AAC 7.1 mkv over LIBREELEC 009 version (and SPIF passthrough in Kodi) but there is no vocal voice (just effects). If I choose 2.0 audio AAC format in the same MKV file, it plays ok.

Hello, SPDIF Can carry only Dts and Dolby (both NOT HD), and also SPDIF should be automatically enabled if HDMI is set in kodi 's settings. You should also enabled passthrough, Dolby , Dolby transcode, Dts , but don't enable Dts HD or Dolby true-hd.

Thanks! Yes it actualy passes DTS sound through SPDIF, but TV also plays sound via HDMI. How can I disable sound via HDMI and play it only over SPDIF? I know one option is to mute the TV....

Hi all!

I'm a bit new around this S905X....I have a Mini M8S II TV box (Mini M8S II TV Box (Amlogic S905X) Review – Part 1: Unboxing and Teardown)
    and I'm trying to boot to libreelec via SD card. I followed all the procedures from 1 to 4 in how to install, but it seems that my M8S II does not have a reset button (for toothpick mothod).

How can I get to the recovery mode from android? I tried to insert SD card after android booting, it just asks me for browsing through content. In UPDATE&RESTORE app I cannot find any right option to BOOT TO RECOVERY for installing LE over SD.

can you give me some instructions on how to boot over SD card?