7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• This occurs to me too. My device is mk808b pro (s905 stick). I bricked it many time after doing ssh installtointernal repeatedly (or maybe with "reboot from NAND" command, I'm not sure which one cause it.)

I tried many times and search a lot but no solution found yet.

I think I will have to settle with using LE only from sd card booting.

Which versions have you tried? because i have tried only 009.

Is this a bricked situation? i thought that when it is bridged nothing works, not even boot from sd.

Might this is a case of worng device file tree?

• Hi,
    I just updated to 009 on my Mini M8s (S905) using the new gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb but there's still no sound over HDMI. Under output device it just shows "Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO) so I'll go back to 007 again :)

Thx

Nana

Ps.: back on 007 the it says "ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, HDMI" under Audio output device using the same device tree

Edited once, last by nanashikun (November 15, 2016 at 3:09 PM).

• Apparently the file is not correct for the remote you have. You may want to look for other files with remote in the beginning and conf at the end, like remotesecond.conf. Rename in to remote.conf, copy to Config folder and reboot.

We figured it out. After editing the original remote.conf to remove the "custom_begin" tags and the unused second layout, Cold5 reported it as working (link). :)
    Also I noticed the edited mini mxIII II file is almost the same as I had on my mini mx (link). So it seems some device has the same remote that had the original mini mx. Also It looks the same on some webshops, too.
    The idea of removing the custom_begin come from the same situation with my v88 pro, I had to use an edited file with that device.
    Btw, first I suggested Cold5 to share the remote.conf from the sd card's boot partition after first start, because it was easier to get. But that file was empty as he said. So he got the file from android, finally.

• Hi,
    I just updated to 009 on my Mini M8s (S905) using the new gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb but there's still no sound over HDMI. Under output device it just shows "Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO) so I'll go back to 007 again :)

Thx

Nana

Ps.: back on 007 the it says "ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, HDMI" under Audio output device using the same device tree

Are you sure you updated to 009 with NEW device tree?
    As far as i know device trees for 007/008/009 are not the same...

• Which versions have you tried? because i have tried only 009.

Is this a bricked situation? i thought that when it is bridged nothing works, not even boot from sd.

Might this is a case of worng device file tree?

I tried almost all builds (009, 008, 007 and krypton as well) and still the same issue.

The dark screen booting from NAND is not bricked yet as long as you still can boot it from sd card.
    In my case it will bricked (and can't boot from sd card anymore) after doing some operations mentioned above.

Not sure about device trees but I tried a few different ones too and nothing changes.

• I tried almost all builds (009, 008, 007 and krypton as well) and still the same issue.

The dark screen booting from NAND is not bricked yet as long as you still can boot it from sd card.
    In my case it will bricked (and can't boot from sd card anymore) after doing some operations mentioned above.

Not sure about device trees but I tried a few different ones too and nothing changes.

I tried to install the original firmaware with no luck. I couldnt find the right one....tried several and i think now i am missing the reset key function. Do you have any idea where i can find the original firmware for this box (p201)

• kszaq This Dev Build is the first build with REAL MEMORY IMPROVEMENT.
    This version also recovers memory whilst being used.
    I am using it on the A95X S905 with 1 GB memory and it is a massive improvement.

Are you noticing that ram is being released? Like after browsing the library and playing a few videos ram is released when idle?

On the Pi even after a few weeks my usage would be at 20% when idle, with 008 after 30 days i had used up 70% ram on my 2gb box.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (November 16, 2016 at 3:43 AM).

• Are you noticing that ram is being released? Like after browsing the library and playing a few videos ram is released when idle?

On the Pi even after a few weeks my usage would be at 20% when idle, with 008 after 30 days i had used up 70% ram on my 2gb box.

Ram is definitely being released. Not so much in idle. I don't quite know exactly when it is released but it is definitely after playing videos
    and flicking around the GUI.
    As an example during previous versions i would browse my library and that caused over 200mb of ram to be used and it would never be released.
    Now i would use barely 20mb and it will recover in stages.
    It is nowhere near as good as the s805 but definitely the only version that has truly been an improvement for the s905 .
    I don't leave my boxes on after i use them so others will have to report on their experience.
    I've got it down to 250mb available and now back up to 330mb available and it has been on all day.
    This is on an A95X S905 1GB / 8gb

• Small bug I've noticed, Screensaver Picture multislideshow installed. Set to activated if playback is paused. Instead of picture slideshow, output dims instead even dim option is off.

• I think that specific LG clip is HLG, it's currently being test-broadcasted on European satellite and it's hybrid, not true HDR, which can work as SDR as well on regular UHD TVs, so possibly herein lies the explanation... Perhaps the TV is not so strict about resolution when it gets HLG... Try turning off HDR in openelec as explained earlier in the thread and see if it will get detected as HDR and how the picture would look...I expect it to look about the same, whereas true HDR clips would look washed out...

I wouldn't care too much for 4K h.264, it shouldn't even exist[emoji15] those clips are generally made to be played on PCs where 4K HEVC is too great a strain for general purpose processors...

Sent from my GM 5 Plus d using Tapatalk

Indeed, I think you're very correct that high bitrate H.264 4K is non-sense :-). I've started re-encoding them to H.265...

As for the LG clip, it actually works now! Vizio has a new updated "beta" firmware 3.0.6.4 available for the asking here. (Just PM to Matt McRae.) Very cool. Now all my HDR10 clips play back properly with the S905X box. Looks fantastic...

I notice still a few glitches here and there (occasional screen flicker/blanking), but for the most part, very smooth...

• Very good morning,
    May I ask your kind help?
    I have a A95x s905x box 1g ram

Tried to use the LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32 with the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.009
    Has been done with the toothpick method but currently no LE logo just the recovery menu
    I have tried with a 2gb microSd card and a 4gb pebdrive (in every slot) same story ) sorry with the pendrive there was one time when stacked with the boot logo)

Shall I try to burn with another application ( just come to my mind) or is there anything what i do wrong ? I have tried with Rufus was keep loading and rebooting to the Nexus logo.
    Nexus logo--> sort of black screen like trying to boot something --> Nexus Logo again and keep doing still I hold the toothpick if I let android will start.

I have even tried to do a factory reset might I did something before...

Thank you in advance !

Gábor

Edited once, last by cocamanus (November 16, 2016 at 9:21 AM).

• Tried to use the LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32 with the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.009
    Has been done with the toothpick method but currently no LE logo just the recovery menu
    I have tried with a 2gb microSd card

I am a Mac OS user so i cannot help you with the LE Creator Windows.
    I hope that you succeeded with the burning image to the SD Card
    Re trace your steps.

Edited once, last by kostaman (November 16, 2016 at 10:10 AM).