7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• I installed this version on Nexbox A95X everything working great for now but still testing. Have one question, about power off/power on on remote control which is not working. Can anyone help with that. I saw one time something about changing keymap but can't find it now.

You could try my remote.conf file a few posts back? It's for a NEXBOX A5

• After you run LE from SD card for the first time, your box will boot from SD card every time when the card is inserted unless you choose to reboot from internal. At that point the box will boot from internal only once.

Conclusion: to reboot from Android to LE simply reboot your box.
    [hr]

Thank you for the coffees. [emoji1]

There is no difference in WiFi drivers between the builds, it should work on both. Please post logs and I'll see what's wrong.

kszaq - wifi is working on Jarvis build. My apologies - I must have missed the settings in the previous test :blush:

After you run LE from SD card for the first time, your box will boot from SD card every time when the card is inserted unless you choose to reboot from internal. At that point the box will boot from internal only once.

I noticed this also. If the SD card remains inserted, the box will boot from it every time (no need for toothpick). If the SD card is not present it boots from internal flash. Is this a setting that is changed on internal when LE is run first time? I have almost zero experience with android, but have been using linux for some years so I understand how MBR/Grub bootloaders work.

• Updated my MiniMX v1 (2G/16G) from the 008 build to the 009 build with no issues so far using device tree "gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb" . I am running off SD card so i just placed the update image and device tree into the update folder via Samba share and rebbooted the device. I could see in the text on the LibreElec boot screen that that device tree was updated. No issues so far, audio is working fine, I dont have a 3D or 4K capabale TV to test these features, but 1080p and 720p HD playback all seemed fine.

The problem with increasing RAM usage and memory not being freed after playing video streams is still present but I have 2G RAM and I dont leave my device switched on 24/7 so this is not a problem for me.

The box I have is the non beelink branded plain black MiniMX with a Netxeon board inside 2G RAM, 16G Flash, 1 Gig Ethernet , Dual band WiFi - Also known as thr MiniMX v1 and MiniMX-G . One question what is the difference in the device tree callesd "gxbb_p200_2G_1GBit_OTG_Port.dtb" ?? Is this for booting from a USB Pen Drive via the USB port on the box ?

Great job as usual Kszaq.

• The box I have is the non beelink branded plain black MiniMX with a Netxeon board inside 2G RAM, 16G Flash, 1 Gig Ethernet , Dual band WiFi - Also known as thr MiniMX v1 and MiniMX-G . One question what is the difference in the device tree callesd "gxbb_p200_2G_1GBit_OTG_Port.dtb" ?? Is this for booting from a USB Pen Drive via the USB port on the box ?

No, that is for Beelink M16 or MX64 TV boxes, on which there is a OTG port (microUSB B) built in. On these boxes, you can use your phone cable to flash firmware.

• I had 008 on internal emmc.

I updated to 009 on my Internal emmc (not usb) but,
    I did not put the device tree file in the update dir (stupid)
    I now have no sound devices.
    Can I fix this , or do I need to reinstall android and then install from sd card?

I am using Beelink M18

Edited once, last by alon24 (November 8, 2016 at 6:09 PM).

Can I fix this

yes, you should upload your dtb.img to your device. Then ssh to your device, go to directory with uploaded dtb.img and execute command:

Code
    dd if=dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=265k

then reboot device.

Can I fix this , or do I need to reinstall android and then install from sd card?

I am using Beelink M18

You can repeat the update procedure even if you're already running .009. That means that you can "upgrade" from .009 to any other build, even the same one.

• Hey guys,

Updated to 009 build and now I cannot use my bluetooth remote (no bluetooth adapter found).

Is it a known bug ?

Thanks for your work anyhow !

EDIT: device is Wetek Hub.

Edited once, last by Jucgshu (November 8, 2016 at 7:52 PM).

• You could try my remote.conf file a few posts back? It's for a NEXBOX A5

Try it but the same situation. After power off can not wake it up. (power on).
    Either with orginal remote.conf copied from oryginal android nor from your keymat - by the way compare it and they are the same.
    When try in oryginal firmware - power key is for sleeping (not power of) mabe that is the issue?
    In LE when pressing power button device is powering off.

• Update went well. Put img.gz and dtb in update folder without renaming and all is good.
    After being on a few hours without doing anything, I had a huge audio delay when navigating in menus!?
    After a reboot , the 3rd after update, audio is well again!? Will keep an eye on it.

• Hi

Same error than other people. No sound after update from .update/ folder.
    Works fine after replace the dtb

During the update I see one msg related to busybox and cp comand... maybe and error. I don't know how get a log of that error.
    kszaq ping me if I can help with some testing.

• Hey guys,

Updated to 009 build and now I cannot use my bluetooth remote (no bluetooth adapter found).

Is it a known bug ?

Thanks for your work anyhow !

EDIT: device is Wetek Hub.

I Will check tomorrow and report back: my hub doesn't boot Android anymore , and also I cannot get recovery working neither if I download it from wetek website with stock firmware... Tomorrow I will try with UART...

• People having issues with audio:

• have you seen "Updating device tree from [i]device tree name[/i]" on update screen?
    • can you try manually replacing device tree if you run from SD card?

Correct, is failing the cp from "Updating device tree from device tree name"
    LibreELEC.tv/update.sh at libreelec-7.0 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

• I Will check tomorrow and report back: my hub doesn't boot Android anymore , and also I cannot get recovery working neither if I download it from wetek website with stock firmware... Tomorrow I will try with UART...

Well tried the 008 update with the same result on the Hub.

Was succefully using the 2016-09-28 version before (devel/rgb_test_01/LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160929083522-r23358-gbac9202.img.gz)

• Some clicks/pops can appear when no audio is playing.
    Confirmed this is happening on MiniMx S905 2g/16g & Nexbox A95x S905
    I run simple HDMI to Box. Audio through TV.