7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• Yes, i have heard some more similar issues for people with different backends on several machines.
    Maybe something to do with the used format/stream/etc. per channel. For me it's mostly HD channels that have stuttering with steady intervals in this build.
    Previous build was one big jerky mess for all channels. Everything else plays fine, though.

I use tvheadend client with hd and sd channels, and I don't have problem.
    (server running on other device)

• I use tvheadend too: i notice stutter only with mpeg2 channels (of course low bitrate channel ~ 3 Mbit) vq in near 0% in these channels and after some minute seems to stabilize at 6\7% so not a big deal. 4K /HD channels no problem. (And also sd h264 channels) btw i consider this build more stable concerning live TV than older builds: reverting fast analyze fix a lot of problem, and also channel switch is very fast while keeps sync.

Edited once, last by anthontex (November 7, 2016 at 9:18 PM).

• just updated from .007 version on my beelink mini mx 1G/8GB , everything went well , but on the end I have one big issue

didn't seen anybody posted about it, thing is that ethernet connection can't be established , wifi work ok but wired connection doesnt at all

I try reboot box and rooter , problem remain

any suggestion is welcome, in a meanwhile back on .007 where is no such problems

• problem w/ audio for me too with beelink minimx 1G Ram 1Gbit LAN

updated to 009 using gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.bin
    copied as dtb.img (and ledtb.img.. just in case..)
    but no sound:
    In kodi > sys>audio dev> there's only bluetooth audio and no other selectable audio

If you read OP and a few post below it, you would get your answer.

• Trying the . 009 build (running from sdcard). Froze once in settings, after reboot it didnt anymore.

I have a problem with audio, theres a weird hissing? Sound like some static or something, and it stays until I start a video. At start, it cracks/pops 1 time then the noise/static is gone and audio is normal from the video. If I hiz pause, static is back. If I hit play, again the pop and all normal. So hitting pause/play I can hear it pop pop pop. . .

In android using SPMC latest (android KODI fork) this is not present. Here the audio is completely silent, dead, no static or hissing or cracking.

Im still a LE/kodi newbie, so it might be a setting Im missing, any ideas anyone?

Edit; ill answer myself, from the op:
    Some clicks/pops can appear when no audio is playing.

Too bad, it's really annoying :( Hoping it gets fixed in future builds.

Edited once, last by tipsek (November 8, 2016 at 8:01 AM).

• People having issues with audio:

• have you seen "Updating device tree from [i]device tree name[/i]" on update screen?
    • can you try manually replacing device tree if you run from SD card?

1. dtb.img gives me error message, no system image found (or similar). The gxbb_....dtb file won't even be tried.

2. Trying right now, but need to know where to look. (Asking google right now ;) ) found it :rolleyes: Trying right now
    Edit: Manual replacement is working

Edited once, last by Stimmenhotel (November 7, 2016 at 11:17 PM).

• OK, so having issues with video quality. Specifically screen is too dark, too saturated and contrast is too high.

The OSD Video settings help a tiny bit, but saturation is a problem. Settings on my TV have to be set at extreme ranges to get a good picture.

I can manipulate the sysfs values in /sys/class/amvecm/ and/or /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0 (saturation_hue_post, output_rgb, etc) to get acceptable results, but of course any start or stop of video in kodi resets these.

So question is: where are the relevant settings in kodi to manipulate these values globally? I have seen the following in guisettings.xml. I tried manipulating them directly and by overrides in advancedsettings to no avail. They must be getting maniplulated on the fly in kodi somewhere, but I just can't find find them. Hardcoded? Seems unlikely.

<defaultvideosettings>
    <sharpness>0.000000</sharpness>
    <brightness>50.000000</brightness>
    <contrast>50.000000</contrast>
    <gamma>20.000000</gamma>
    </defaultvideosettings>

<videoscreen>
    <limitedrange default="true">false</limitedrange>
    </videoscreen>

Specs: x96 box S905x 2g/16G

Edited once, last by Jaaxx (November 8, 2016 at 1:34 AM).

• Updating went well, but by putting "gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb" togheter with the img.gz file in the update folder did"nt work for me, the update failed! I did the update without the device-tree and everything went well, manually I putted the dbt.img and now I have I nice working system without stuttering or any buffering issues.
    Many thanks Kszaq, keep up the good work, I think You deserve some beers! :blush:

cheers!
    Jefken.

• Does this build have the audio static/pop issues in the post-008 dev builds?

Yes it does mate.
    [hr]
    @kszaq....just updated from previous development build to latest build via update folder for both my Nexbox A95X 1gb/8gb and also my Beelink Mini MXiii 2gb/16gb and all seems spot on. The pop and crackle is there, but you are already aware of this. Coffees coming up.

cheers

Edited once, last by darren1963 (November 8, 2016 at 7:47 AM).

• Yes it does mate.
    [hr]
    @kszaq....just updated from previous development build to latest build via update folder for both my Nexbox A95X 1gb/8gb and also my Beelink Mini MXiii 2gb/16gb and all seems spot on. The pop and crackle is there, but you are already aware of this. Coffees coming up.

cheers

I upgraded and didn't hear any. I'll do some more testing.

• I installed this version on Nexbox A95X everything working great for now but still testing. Have one question, about power off/power on on remote control which is not working. Can anyone help with that. I saw one time something about changing keymap but can't find it now.

Edited once, last by jazzy (November 8, 2016 at 11:48 AM).

• I am getting this error while install

Carting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
    Can't access tty; job control turned off

Any body can help me ?

Edited once, last by laci1 (November 8, 2016 at 12:03 PM).

• I installed this version on Nexbox A95X everything working great for now but still testing. Have one question, about power off/power on on remote control which is not working. Can anyone help with that. I saw one time something about changing keymap but can't find it now.

Try Keymap Editor Program in Kodi Repo (Program)