7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• no audio for my beelink minimxIII done all possibility , back to .007 now its all working

regards
    kabise

3. S905 only: Download a device tree, rename it to dtb.img and copy it to main folder of SD card/USB drive - replace the one that's already there.

• kszaq: Thanks for your continued development!

Like .008, this build also stutters continuously with Live-TV on a Minim8s with generic 100/2 dtb file from .008 release where .007 works without issue.

I will be using the .007 version as that one works best in my situation. In the meantime i will be playing with your 7.9.x releases. Very promising!

Thanks again!

Edited once, last by atreyu (November 7, 2016 at 11:53 AM).

• kszaq - great work with the 008 build. I installed it on USB stick on my Venz V10 Pro (2GB RAM / 16GB flash). The manufacturer's android 6 build does not work well with Kodi properly (no multichannel PCM audio or DTS passthrough, no frame rate switching). Your build is pretty near perfect. No wifi on your Jarvis build, but that is not so important for me. Everything else is working well - multichannel audio, frame rate etc. Have tested 4k video and looks good - even on my non-UHD TV. Your Krypton build enables my wifi but was generally less stable (freezing requiring power cycle), so I have reverted to Jarvis for the moment. No sign of bluetooth functionality yet although the box says it supports it.

Have bought you some coffees via PayPal! Many thanks.

• kszaq: Thanks for your continued development!

Like .008, this build also stutters continuously with Live-TV on a Minim8s with generic 100/2 dtb file from .008 release where .007 works without issue.

I will be using the .007 version as that one works best in my situation. In the meantime i will be playing with your 7.9.x releases. Very promising!

Thanks again!

atreyu and kszaq: I for one, had no issue with live TV on the .008 release and first experienced the stutter on the .009 build. My box is a Nexbox A95X (S905X) with 1 GB of RAM.

• Hello! Just a quick question: is there a way to boot to LE while in boxs default Android? I know the other way around is easy (wgile in LE I select reboot from internal) . I mean I can get to LE from android by going to the update tool, and selecting any zip. But I was hoping theres another way? Rebooting to recovery doesnt work (it reboots to recovery) . So is there another way?

Id like to have microSD card inserted all the time. Like I said once in LE I just select reboot from internal and boom Im in Android. How to do the opposite? Obviously im looking at an elegant solution without any resetting toothpicks or choosing any zip in update tool. Something like reboot to recovery (but like I said it doesnt work) . So any ideas, anyone?

• Hello,
    To update from 008, should I create an Update folder on the SD Card and put the files?
    Its necessary rename the device tree for the Beelink Mini MX III?
    What is the best device tree?

Thanks

• Hello! Just a quick question: is there a way to boot to LE while in boxs default Android? I know the other way around is easy (wgile in LE I select reboot from internal) . I mean I can get to LE from android by going to the update tool, and selecting any zip. But I was hoping theres another way? Rebooting to recovery doesnt work (it reboots to recovery) . So is there another way?

Id like to have microSD card inserted all the time. Like I said once in LE I just select reboot from internal and boom Im in Android. How to do the opposite? Obviously im looking at an elegant solution without any resetting toothpicks or choosing any zip in update tool. Something like reboot to recovery (but like I said it doesnt work) . So any ideas, anyone?

After you run LE from SD card for the first time, your box will boot from SD card every time when the card is inserted unless you choose to reboot from internal. At that point the box will boot from internal only once.

Conclusion: to reboot from Android to LE simply reboot your box.
    [hr]

kszaq - great work with the 008 build. I installed it on USB stick on my Venz V10 Pro (2GB RAM / 16GB flash). The manufacturer's android 6 build does not work well with Kodi properly (no multichannel PCM audio or DTS passthrough, no frame rate switching). Your build is pretty near perfect. No wifi on your Jarvis build, but that is not so important for me. Everything else is working well - multichannel audio, frame rate etc. Have tested 4k video and looks good - even on my non-UHD TV. Your Krypton build enables my wifi but was generally less stable (freezing requiring power cycle), so I have reverted to Jarvis for the moment. No sign of bluetooth functionality yet although the box says it supports it.

Have bought you some coffees via PayPal! Many thanks.

Thank you for the coffees. [emoji1]

There is no difference in WiFi drivers between the builds, it should work on both. Please post logs and I'll see what's wrong.

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 7, 2016 at 1:43 PM).

• atreyu and kszaq: I for one, had no issue with live TV on the .008 release and first experienced the stutter on the .009 build. My box is a Nexbox A95X (S905X) with 1 GB of RAM.

Yes, i have heard some more similar issues for people with different backends on several machines.
    Maybe something to do with the used format/stream/etc. per channel. For me it's mostly HD channels that have stuttering with steady intervals in this build.
    Previous build was one big jerky mess for all channels. Everything else plays fine, though.

Edited once, last by atreyu (November 7, 2016 at 2:50 PM).

Use the APK called realreboot simple but works great. You can disable notifications in the settings.
    Just click okay a couple of times to reboot, you'll see.

• Just tried it, wow it works! Dont know how I missed it and I swear I tried it but it didnt work... Either way, thanks!

When in LE:
    Reboot from internal -> boots Android

When in Android:
    Reboot -> boots LE

Krypton build has some issues for me but . 008 is rock solid. Will try . 009 soon, thanks for hard work! !

Edit:

Next question: what is the best/easiest way to shut down the box (or put it in sorts of standby/hibernate/sleep/whatever) AND be able to turn it on/wake up by something other then included remote? Id be happy with my airmouse (but i think box shuts down usb port) or wake on lan (not sure if this is supported and again box probobly shuts down ethernet port) . I dont have CEC option. . . Any ideas?

Edited once, last by tipsek (November 7, 2016 at 4:31 PM).

• kszaq: I have tested some 3D movies now on both the 008 and the 009 build. There does not seem any difference between the two builds in terms of 3D playback. There is only one minor issue with select 3D ISO (MKV is never a problem) movies (e.g. Pixar) that are contained in multiple files as opposed to one single file. "Play in 3D mode" will only play the biggest file of these movies, resulting in only 20 minutes instead of 90 minutes, etc. This has not been a problem on LibreELEC on the Raspberry (Milhouse builds, and recent LE 8 betas) because one can select the correct playlist and is then asked whether one wants to playback as 3D. The "Play in 3D mode" in your builds automatically selects a playlist that is sometimes simply not the correct one. I don't know whether this is something that will come to your amlogic builds with later LE8 versions as part of the master or whether you would have to port certain code parts from the Raspberry builds to yours. But again, thanks for the great work and I'll send some money your way on PayPal in the coming days! ;)

• no audio for my beelink minimxIII done all possibility , back to .007 now its all working

regards
    kabise

problem w/ audio for me too with beelink minimx 1G Ram 1Gbit LAN

updated to 009 using gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.bin
    copied as dtb.img (and ledtb.img.. just in case..)
    but no sound:
    In kodi > sys>audio dev> there's only bluetooth audio and no other selectable audio

• Hi,

I also had sound trouble after the update (no analog or hdmi, only pulseaudio visible in system-audio). I put the sdcard into my pc and made sure that dtb.img was the right version from the .009 subfolder - then it all worked again.

• People having issues with audio:

• have you seen "Updating device tree from [i]device tree name[/i]" on update screen?
    • can you try manually replacing device tree if you run from SD card?
  • Hi kszaq!
    I updated to version 009 from you last development version on my MXV+ (MXV Plus) just now. I download files LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.009.img.gz and gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb and simply put both files to update folder without rename gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb to dtb.img (as I read on JohnSnow post at first side).
    Everything seems all right, all works properly!
    Thank you for your perfect work!