[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• There is more help on the Kodi forum, Setting up an easy Linux Kodi with Live TV (LibreELEC)

• On 8.0.2d the max frequency is 1512000 and on 8.0.2e it's 1200000 (/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq).

Why is the newer release only 1,2 ghz?

• Again, please, start a discussion for this in a different/new thread. This thread is not the place for it. You're busy with something that applies to any device, not just the S905, nor AMLogic for that matter. You'll get more and better help elsewhere, as well as that you're not polluting this thread, which is about just S905 related matters. You need to keep things separated to make it easier for yourself and others.

• Added a network using Australia Melbourne

#3,786

It would be a good idea to read at least some of the posts instead of jumping in and asking for help.

I call that LAZY. Follow link and read what i have already reported.

You would have seen and read on page #211 the issues you are having.

• Have a major problem after upgrading to the latest version in the index, it is showing blank screen and i tried unplugging and rebooting with the SD card still no Kodi / Libreelec shows up

Using S905X 2GB/ 8 GB with SD card and upgraded to following file

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.0.tar 19-Jul-2017 20:26 155074560

I have been upgrading for the past one year no issues faced and now worried all my addons and data will be gone, please help

How to fix or downgrade without loosing the addons as i had spent numerous hours in getting all the addons working and no backup made

Please some one help

• did you use a new dtb.img? per instructions

• Have a major problem after upgrading to the latest version in the index

Are you saying you cannot see anything in Libreelec Configurations / System ?

If that is what you are asking ?

Code
    My LibreELEC Settings screen is empty, how can I fix it?
    A: Login over SSH, execute 
    rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.libreelec.settings/oe_settings.xml 
    and reboot.
  • Are you saying you cannot see anything in Libreelec Configurations / System ?

If that is what you are asking ?

Code
    My LibreELEC Settings screen is empty, how can I fix it?
    A: Login over SSH, execute 
    rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.libreelec.settings/oe_settings.xml 
    and reboot.

I'm not able to boot in LR so cannot connect over SSH, it has boot issue

• I'll try and get some pictures/videos to describe better, but I'm having an issue on an S905X 1GB/8GB NAND install box.

I had been using an older version but no idea what, went for a clean install of 8.0.2e and the issue appeared.

When watching videos/PVR normally all is well, but when I go back so it's play in the background but I'm in the Kodi menus half of the screen is covered with a block and some fuzzy parts at times. Difficult to describe. Has anyone seen anything like this?

• I'll try and get some pictures/videos to describe better, but I'm having an issue on an S905X 1GB/8GB NAND install box.

I had been using an older version but no idea what, went for a clean install of 8.0.2e and the issue appeared.

When watching videos/PVR normally all is well, but when I go back so it's play in the background but I'm in the Kodi menus half of the screen is covered with a block and some fuzzy parts at times. Difficult to describe. Has anyone seen anything like this?

s905xkodi fullscreen menu issue - YouTube

I can confirm it is present on 8.0.2d but NOT in 8.2 test build - I'll move to that.

Edited once, last by ant_thomas (July 22, 2017 at 4:31 PM).

• Hi kszaq,

Just tried you new build 8.0.2e and I have problem with PVR addon vu+/enigma2 client. It working properly on 8.0.1k build but now I'm getting "unknown error when starting addon. Can't start addon".

• I did some tests about month ago, to try if it is possible at all.

I run a docker image of Ubuntu 16.04 aarch64, stopped Kodi, started X server with fbturbo driver, and I managed to launch Chromium Browser and open a webpage.

So it is possible, but needs a lot of work, and I could need a help with developing Chromium as an addon to Libreelec for ARM boards. I will have more time on September and will try to bring Chromium to ARM/aarch64. Now I am too busy and do nothing about it.

But it could be great on 2GB RAM devices to see Chromium :D

lukasz92 Don't waste your time:

Chromium will be integrated directly in Kodi through Chromium embedded framework:

GitHub - AlwinEsch/web.browser.chromium: Google Chromium based web browser for Kodi

It's already working very nice but still WIP.

Screenshot2.png?template=generic

• Hi kszaq,

Just tried you new build 8.0.2e and I have problem with PVR addon vu+/enigma2 client. It working properly on 8.0.1k build but now I'm getting "unknown error when starting addon. Can't start addon".

The addon is starting before your network connection is ready. Had the same problen. Somewhere is an option like "wait for starting the addon until network is ready".

Or disable the addon, reboot, wait until network is ready and start the addon manually

• I've just upgraded to 8.0.2e on a couple of T95N mini MX boxes. One box is running flawless as usual but the other has lost sound. No GUI sounds or in playback. Anybody experienced anything similar?