[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I just unplugged my SD card and do the update of my dtb.img file over a Linux computer.

Well, I don't have a Linux computer.

Can that be done on a Windows 10 PC?

What do you actually have on your SD card?

And something is unclear to me. After it was bricked, did you manage to actually boot into 8.2? Or did you manage to reload a previous load?

• Anyone having an idea what could be the issue or how it could be solved?

Is this a bug of LibreElec?

• Well, I don't have a Linux computer.

Can that be done on a Windows 10 PC?

What do you actually have on your SD card?

And something is unclear to me. After it was bricked, did you manage to actually boot into 8.2? Or did you manage to reload a previous load?

I don't have a Windows computer. If your Windows computer can R/W your SD card, then you ought to be able do it.

Out of the box, my SD card only has a single VFAT partition. It's where I first extracted an LE tarred file (IIRC, it was LE 8.0.0). When I first plugged the SD card into my MXQ Pro system, the uboot processed the LE files and then booted the LE. During the 1st booting process, I believe it created a 2nd partition with an EXT4 file system and mounted the partition to /storage. From there on, whenever there is a new update available, I just ssh into /storage/.update directory. Then, use wget to download the new LE tarred file and reboot my MXQ Pro to get it updated with the new LE version.

During the last uprade with 8.2 ODroid C2 tarred file, the upgrade went smooth. However, after upgrade was done, my MXQ Pro rebooted and stayed in the splash screen. To resolve this problem, I did the following:

• I unplugged the power and removed the SD card.
    • Plugged the SD card into and SD slot on a Linux computer.
    • Used http://fsck.vfat/fsck.ext4 to check and clean the LIBREELECT/LIBREELECT_DISK partitions, respectively, on the SD card before mounting them.
    • Mounted the LIBREELECT partition.
    • Changed directory to where the LIBREELECT partition was mounted. In this case, it was mounted on /mnt directory.
    • Renamed the existing dtb.img to dtb.img.sav.1 as a backup, and used the wget to download the gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb and renamed it to dtb.img.
    • Issued a sync to flush out the buffer memory to write to the SD card.
    • Changed directory out of the /mnt directory and umounted the SD card.
    • Took the SD card and plugged it into the SD slot on my MXQ Pro.
    • Plugged in the power to boot into LE 8.2 ODroid C2 sans (passed beyond the splash screen).
  • I don't have a Windows computer. If your Windows computer can R/W your SD card, then you ought to be able do it.

Out of the box, my SD card only has a single VFAT partition. It's where I first extracted an LE tarred file (IIRC, it was LE 8.0.0). When I first plugged the SD card into my MXQ Pro system, the uboot processed the LE files and then booted the LE. During the 1st booting process, I believe it created a 2nd partition with an EXT4 file system and mounted the partition to /storage. From there on, whenever there is a new update available, I just ssh into /storage/.update directory. Then, use wget to download the new LE tarred file and reboot my MXQ Pro to get it updated with the new LE version.

During the last uprade with 8.2 ODroid C2 tarred file, the upgrade went smooth. However, after upgrade was done, my MXQ Pro rebooted and stayed in the splash screen. To resolve this problem, I did the following:

• I unplugged the power and removed the SD card.
    • Plugged the SD card into and SD slot on a Linux computer.
    • Used http://fsck.vfat/fsck.ext4 to check and clean the LIBREELECT/LIBREELECT_DISK partitions, respectively, on the SD card before mounting them.
    • Mounted the LIBREELECT partition.
    • Changed directory to where the LIBREELECT partition was mounted. In this case, it was mounted on /mnt directory.
    • Renamed the existing dtb.img to dtb.img.sav.1 as a backup, and used the wget to download the gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb and renamed it to dtb.img.
    • Issued a sync to flush out the buffer memory to write to the SD card.
    • Changed directory out of the /mnt directory and umounted the SD card.
    • Took the SD card and plugged it into the SD slot on my MXQ Pro.
    • Plugged in the power to boot into LE 8.2 ODroid C2 sans (passed beyond the splash screen).

I think that you boot and load from your SD card whereas I have transferred LE to the internal memory.

If so my being stuck needs another kind of solution.

• Hi Guys,

Fairly new to this. I followed all instructions to download k1 plus device tree and LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2e-C2.img.gz.

Used rufus to write to USB and it booted perfectly. However when I go to TV it says no addon installed.

I have a k1 plus with DVB S2/T2 suppost. Was the addon supposed to be installed or do need to install any addon?

Which addon has to be installed to see live TV?

I don't have tvheadend.

• If you have a K1, you should not use the C2 image. Either start over with LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2e.img.gz or get LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2e.tar, put it in the update folder and reboot to update.

• If you have a K1, you should not use the C2 image. Either start over with LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2e.img.gz or get LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2e.tar, put it in the update folder and reboot to update.

Thanks, just did that. Now which pvr backend and client testimonials do I need to use?

• Thanks, just did that. Now which pvr backend and client testimonials do I need to use?

This thread is not the place to discuss those topics. Search in the forum for similar discussions and have a look at the PVR page in the Kodi wiki to get you started on that. You can always start a new thread if that is not sufficient.

• Ok.. I get the point.. no worries will try to find in on my own. Just though I could talk to someone who might have faced such issue. Guess none else did. Thanks for all your help.

Loads of people have, that's the point. There are plenty of resources already available to you to help you. You have to make an effort yourself first. We are happy to help if you have an actual problem, just as long as you keep the topics separated.

• I think that you boot and load from your SD card whereas I have transferred LE to the internal memory.

If so my being stuck needs another kind of solution.

In this case, you ought to read thest 1st post in this Testing: LibreELEC 8.2 builds for Amlogic S905/S905D/S905X devices and go to the section of If you forgot to use a new device tree or used wrong one and your device doesn't boot: -> if booting from internal: to learn how to recover your system.

• Loads of people have, that's the point. There are plenty of resources already available to you to help you. You have to make an effort yourself first. We are happy to help if you have an actual problem, just as long as you keep the topics separated.

Ok, here's what I have tried so far.

Installed the build with the correct device tree. The installed tvheadend 4.2 using zip install. SSH remote.conf to make the remote work.

On the Tvheadend web interface I enabled availink avl6862 tvb t device. Added a network using Australia Melbourne (tried generic as well)

Went back to devices and selected the network on the device. Force scanned the network which always returns a failed status for all mux.

Tried this entire procedure on 8.0 c , 8.0 e and now on 8.1 as well.

One observation is that while scanning the status on the device shows signal strength in 90%+ however SNA is always 0. Is that why the scans are always failing? Is there an issue with the firmware? Btw I have tried scanning channels on TV and on the android DTV app both work flawlessly so there are definitely no issues with the antenna signal.

• I'm not sure if DVB-T faces the same issues as i Have with DVB-S/2.

But i cannot use pre-defined muxes from TVH for my DVB-S/2 70W Starone C2 (In Brazil) , i add it by hand the first freq and all other details, and let the scan do this for me. so it works.

If not wrong, the DVB-C is the same, the pre definied muxes in TVH always return error, even if signal is ok. you have to do it by hand.

Give it a try