[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Tested the new build and something wrong with this :

• added support for CVBS output: if HDMI is not connected, Kodi will default to output mode provided by u-boot, i.e. CVBS on devices with that type of output

With this build the GUI is always on 720p (need manual setup to 1080p), my setup is Minix Neo U1 connected with HDMI cable to Denon X3100W (passtrough) which is connected to a Sony FHD TV with HDMI cable too, before this update the GUI was at 1080p, this setup controlled by Logitech Harmony with "Activities". How can I fix this issue.

Same for me. GUI is switched to 720p. I was changing this at least twice to 1080p since 8.0.2c has been installed.

• Tested the new build and something wrong with this :

• added support for CVBS output: if HDMI is not connected, Kodi will default to output mode provided by u-boot, i.e. CVBS on devices with that type of output

With this build the GUI is always on 720p (need manual setup to 1080p), my setup is Minix Neo U1 connected with HDMI cable to Denon X3100W (passtrough) which is connected to a Sony FHD TV with HDMI cable too, before this update the GUI was at 1080p, this setup controlled by Logitech Harmony with "Activities". How can I fix this issue.

Resolved. In Logitech Remote setup increased the Inter-device delay for Minix to 15 seconds and re-ordered the way in which they are powered on, correct order is TV, AVR, Minix.

Edited once, last by blakey (June 26, 2017 at 5:34 PM).

• There used to be a memory leak in 64-bit builds. Not anymore. 32- and 64- bit builds should be comparable, but 64-bit does take more resources. Also 32-bit build will have more addons.

Thanks, appreciate it. Will 32-bit addons run under 64bit builds? I noticed you have a build up and a bunch of addons; do I need to install them separately on the build or are they included in the build? If they're included in the build, would I uninstall the 32bit version and install the 64bit version?

• Thanks, appreciate it. Will 32-bit addons run under 64bit builds? I noticed you have a build up and a bunch of addons; do I need to install them separately on the build or are they included in the build? If they're included in the build, would I uninstall the 32bit version and install the 64bit version?

cwgsm3v0

addons are the kszaq ones I could build. You do not need any of them. I do use some of them (tvheadend42 and pvr.hts and pvr.mythtv).

I have never combined or tried 32-bit addons on 64-bit LE or vice versa.

Which particular 32-bit addon would you want to try on 64-bit arm LE?

If it is not available on standard Kodi nor compiled by me, I am afraid you have to build it 64bit yourself.

Again: for a dummy user like me there is no shortage of addons.

Now, for certain: I would suggest you use a separate SD card to test 32-bit versus 64-bit each.

Then if the 64-bit one does not fit your needs, just go back to your 32-bit one.

For one thing: there is not a single disadvantage that I know of to run 32-bit software on 64-bit hardware.

On the contrary, on hardware with limited resources 32-bit software will run better. But then, why is the hardware 64-bit in the first place?

I run 64-bit software because:

- it is possible

- my hardware is not very limited

and most of all:

- I maintain a gentoo 64bit stage3 chroot inside LE :)

• Ever since I installed the 8.0.2c build, the led on front of my Venz V10 box keeps blinking. Kinda like an HDD or LAN i/o led. Is it suppose to do that? And what does it indicate?

• Friends. I've a Nexbox A95x S905x 1gb8gb with internal storage bricked. I already tried all kinds of recovery, but without success. So I´d like to install libreelec in sdcard. I have found in all internet hundreds of people with android boxes with the same problem. So why do not we have a libreelec install to sdcard with uboot also on sdcard. The raspberry pi doesn´t have memory nand, but libreelec runs only from sdcard. So, is it possible the nexbox with internal storage bricked to play libreelec from sdcard?

• Friends. I've a Nexbox A95x S905x 1gb8gb with internal storage bricked. I already tried all kinds of recovery, but without success. So I´d like to install libreelec in sdcard. I have found in all internet hundreds of people with android boxes with the same problem. So why do not we have a libreelec install to sdcard with uboot also on sdcard. The raspberry pi doesn´t have memory nand, but libreelec runs only from sdcard. So, is it possible the nexbox with internal storage bricked to play libreelec from sdcard?

What?! Actually, Libreelec is intended to run from SD card. What is your problem now, exactly? You can just go on and flash/install Libreelec on your SD card and insert that into your player and boot it using the toothpick method for example.

• My Nexbox A95x S905x 1gb8gb with is bricked. I believe that internal storage is corrupted. I tried recovery of all ways, but without success. I only get boot with uboot twrp into sdcard using the toothpick method.

• eduvirgens How to Create a Bootable Recovery SD Card for Amlogic TV Boxes

I already make it. I don't know to install libreelec using a Bootable Recovery SD Card. Can I make a Bootable Recovery SD Card and libreelec installer together? Or simply, is it possible to install libreelec using Bootable Recovery SD Card and TWRP?

Edited once, last by eduvirgens (June 27, 2017 at 10:37 PM).

• I already make it. I don't know to install libreelec using a Bootable Recovery SD Card. Can I make a Bootable Recovery SD Card and libreelec installer together? Or simply, is it possible to install libreelec using Bootable Recovery SD Card and TWRP?

I dont know if that will work. You should be trying to install the drfault android that came with your box, as it will restore its original partition scheme, and all the little goodies needed for your NAND to operate.

If you've followed the tutorials EXACTLY and you can't get it to boot - the fix for you could depend on your board/CPU. On my s905 box I had first download the Android firmware for my box, then I had to bridge two NAND pins before/during power up of the box while it's plugged into PC, running AML burn tool. Only requires you to touch the pins for 1-2 seconds while box is powering on. The box will then be recognized in AML burn tool. Change the mode to "Force Erase All" and hit start.

After it completes, unplug the boxes power, then plug it into your TV and boot it up. Android will install/setup. Once that's done, shutdown the box, and you can then setup an LE SD card. You may then choose to continue using the SD card, or you may install to the NAND.

If you have an s905x or s912, this might be different for you however.

Hope that helps.

• Hello

I have just got myself a Yundoo Y6 S905X box and stuck libreelec on it. Thanks for making that.

I previously had OSMC on a PI and I would resize it and back it up simply by adjusting or backing up the fat and ext4 partitions on the SD card in Paragon Hard Disk Manager. Unfortunately, the data partition on libreelec shows up as not formatted rather than ext4 so I can't do much with it in Paragon.

Is there any way to increase the size of the fat partition and also to back up the data partition in a compressed format?

Thanks