Posts by cwgsm3v0

Thanks guys, I'll keep trying here and see what I can do.

Poida yup, none of the methods work for me. As stated, I have 1 box that behave, 1 that doesn't and the one that behaves misbehaves when I boot an older (not that much older I think) copy of 8.90 Leia build via USB. The 8.2 build I have flashed to the unit itself that behaves works fine.

GDPR-2 right, that's what I read -- perhaps I have two boxes with the same CPU serial #? Just weird how two boxes come up with the exact same MAC address (again, they are by the same manufacturer, had a crappy Android Lollipop on them, etc etc...)

Before 8.2.2.2 if your device did not have MAC address burnt into the board, it would either use a random MAC address or one of default ones: co:ff:ee:00:01:9f or 00:15:18:01:81:31. This is problematic if you want to use more than one device without factory MAC in one network. 8.2.2.2 introduces generating MAC address from SoC serial number for devices that don't have factory MAC - this means that devices with proper MAC address should be unaffected (tested on all my devices), while those without MAC will get a shiny new address that will be unique and persist over reboots.

Did anyone get this working? The 8.2.3.1 in my living room keeps getting the 00:15:18:01:81:31 MAC and none of the fixes I found perusing threads (udev, system.d, etc) work. However, I am running an older Nofan Tasi aarch64 build in my bedroom and it generates a random MAC each boot. Both boxes are identical h/w && manufacturer otherwise (and it's not a Realtek LAN adapter) - I knew about this ages ago but for some reason, it bit me in the rear today. I also booted the GDPR-2 Leia builds in Amlogic off USB and noticed it's generating the 00:15:18:01:81:31 MAC -- Anyone have a surefire method that works? I can generate a random one using dbus-uuidgen and even try to write to via fw_setenv but no luck.

I tried everything mentioned in this thread:

How to change duplicate MAC Address

But the stock kszaq build and GDPR-2 build still default to that MAC. Only the aarch64 build (it's an older 8.2 from Nov 04 2017) generates a new MAC each reboot.

Really looking for a hail mary here... I may end up building my own aarch64 build again to test with.

A ZIP file of 4.3 would be great! I remember afl1 making TVH ZIPs every week, but he's now concentrated upon 8.90.9

4.3 (client) is for Leia builds only (thanks Nofan Tasi); not sure which 4.3 is compatible up to Krypton but I ran into this problem earlier a couple weeks ago building aarch64 of kszaq's build. I am running the 4.3 server which works fine even with the older client. The big improvements are more server-side than client-side (for the most part.)

There used to be a memory leak in 64-bit builds. Not anymore. 32- and 64- bit builds should be comparable, but 64-bit does take more resources. Also 32-bit build will have more addons.

Thanks, appreciate it. Will 32-bit addons run under 64bit builds? I noticed you have a build up and a bunch of addons; do I need to install them separately on the build or are they included in the build? If they're included in the build, would I uninstall the 32bit version and install the 64bit version?

8.0.2c here -- been steadily upgrading since 7.x builds. I have noticed that in the more recent 8.0.2 builds that sometimes when playing content from the NAS it'll stop playback (black screen) and then return to Kodi, no reboot or anything, just drops back into the UI. I have to look at the thread to find out how to capture logging (I've been trying via kmsg/dmesg) to determine what's happening.

I'm on a Goobang Doo M8S-II unit; 2GB RAM 1Gbit LAN (unsure about WiFi/Bluetooth but the kernel sees them just fine, I don't use it though) S905 chipset -- In fact kszaq's build works so well, I ended up buying 2 more of the same boxes (wife wanted me to buy s905x but I didn't want to step into that territory when I knew it worked so well on this hardware.) Using the default dtb.

Otherwise though, awesome as ever.

I do have a question for the fellow here who's building 64bit versions of each release; I remember kszaq saying something about they're unstable (can't remember exactly what anymore) but I do remember trying one way back in the early 8.x days and seemed fine, very speedy in fact, noticebly so. Are 64bit builds still considered "unstable" for general usage?

Just joined to voice my appreciation. I have a GooBang Doo "2017" KODI Box labeled as M8S-II (s905/2gb/8gb ROM/1Gbit/4K, etc etc) and was getting frustrated with the changes in pass-through from Jarvis to Krypton (I understand the reasons) but the box had a very cobbled together Android 5.1 (not 5.1.1) build on it. So I did some research and came across LibreElec and kszaq's 7.x thread. So I figured, what the heck, won't hurt to try.

Let me say a few things as a developer myself:

1) I have NEVER seen such a clean kernel boot log, I was impressed.
    2) Using the default image, everything worked out of the box for me. Saw eth0, wlan0, usb sticks, usb wireless keyboard and even my stock remote worked. What was most exciting was that CEC worked with the stock remote whereas before it would just alter the Android volume level (causing all sorts of problems audio-wise.) I was so impressed with this that I had to call my wife over to show her which of course, did not impress her like it did me :)
    3) The speed; I figured with just a bare minimum OS and KODI it'd be fast and light, I was shocked to see how much so. Krypton on the NAND consumes 41% memory whereas your build consumed 9% -- I realize it's not exactly apples-to-apples but was another scenario I called my wife over who by this time was getting annoyed with me and my geekdom.
    4) Playback from my NAS and Addons was flawless. I now have DTS + friends back again as well. Finally my wife was impressed as she watched an episode of Mayday and was shocked how fast it found and loaded the episode compared to what we're used to.

So now that I have a working start, I have decided to give 8.x a whirl and see how that goes. I've been humming and hawing whether to try and backup my NAND but since it's a broken junkpile I'm leaning towards not.

Basically, it worked better than my wildest dreams would have imagined.

Anyways, I just joined to voice my appreciation and admiration. You have done a very good job Sir, color me very impressed. You've made me a very happy geek, husband and father (sure my kid will be impressed too when I show him.)