[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Has something with samba changed with build 8.0.2c? I get the error message "Error. Connection timed out" when I try to access any.

Also if i try to create a new samba share I get the message "Error 2: share not available" as soon as I click the "Windows Network (SMB)" option on the "Browse for new share" window.

Was working fine with 8.0.2b. Logs attached below.

edit: ok weirdly, as soon as I'd posted that it started working again. Rebooted and it's still working. I'll keep an eye on it...

• Has something with samba changed with build 8.0.2c? I get the error message "Error. Connection timed out" when I try to access any.

Also if i try to create a new samba share I get the message "Error 2: share not available" as soon as I click the "Windows Network (SMB)" option on the "Browse for new share" window.

Was working fine with 8.0.2b. Logs attached below.

edit: ok weirdly, as soon as I'd posted that it started working again. Rebooted and it's still working. I'll keep an eye on it...

There were some changes from A to B, but not from B to C afaik.

• Hi,

Upgraded to 8.0.2.c but rolled back to 8.0.2.b. Samba connection error, even after restarts. Power menu lighter, with only 4 options?!

Weird fact, no more darker menu in 8.0.2.c (still MM kernel, I believe).

Maybe next iteration will be ok for me!

• There were no Samba-related changes between 8.0.2b and 8.0.2c. I think the issue may have started with "boot speed improvements" in 8.0.2b, you simply have not nocited it happening yet.

There are less options in power menu because I disabled suspend (again) - it fails for 95% of users and because it's default option for CEC behaviour on TV off, many people have frozen boxes after they turn their TV off. I don't want that.

• The power suspend does not fail for 95% of the users. It works fine here. I use a very generic Mini M8S II and it does not freeze, if you correct some environmental settings, such as `cecconfig=cecf ' and do not disable Wired LAN etc. Tested on many TVs.

• Hi kszaq what with Ferguson Ariva 4K are still you dont have a drivers for tuner. And if you still dont have a drivers can i send you money for Ariva 4K for test ?

Why don't you contact the manufacturer [email protected] directly ?

Anyway, I will strongly recomend to get rid of this crap. I had it for 3 months, what a waste of time and sanity.