[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• My understanding is that uploading dtb file is only necessary if it has been modified since last update (which hardly/never happens) - is this incorrect?

Right, it's just a habit. I won't be taken by surprise when the dtb does change.

• Thanks so much Kszaq for the latest 8.0.1l version. Still to install it and of course will let you knwo if any problems arise. Anyway thanks for everything you do for us all and for all the great LE builds you compile :) Massive appreciation to you.

Main reason I post this is to let you know that at last new stocks of coffee have arrived so I have now been able to send you a well deserved cup. Enjoy !!!

Edited once, last by RayW (May 21, 2017 at 5:33 AM).

• Certain x265-encoded videos still won't play right with this release, and I'm not quite sure why. They haven't worked since before the new kernel was implemented, so I'm still on 8.0.1a.
    The "symptoms": While the audio seems to play, only the first video frame is ever displayed.

Pseudo's x265 encodes are a great example of this. If you need samples, a quick Google search should reveal plenty.

It's a shame as the newest version seems to be a lot snappier than 8.0.1a, and the stalls (especially when seeking) seem gone.
    Thank you so much for the dedication. Know it is well appreciated :)

Cheers,
    Zareph.

Edited once, last by Zareph (May 21, 2017 at 5:33 AM).

• Certain x265-encoded videos still won't play right with this release, and I'm not quite sure why. They haven't worked since before the new kernel was implemented, so I'm still on 8.0.1a.
    The "symptoms": While the audio seems to play, only the first video frame is ever displayed.

Pseudo's x265 encodes are a great example of this. If you need samples, a quick Google search should reveal plenty.

It's a shame as the newest version seems to be a lot snappier than 8.0.1a, and the stalls (especially when seeking) seem gone.
    Thank you so much for the dedication. Know it is well appreciated :)

Cheers,
    Zareph.

I can confirm this.
    Certain ways of coding in hevc don't work since 8.0.1b.
    Probably cos of de partial noagat kernel change, cos since then it happend.
    While most hevc files play fine, some dont.

Greetz

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 3W met Tapatalk

• When I googled, I found YouTube stuff like that:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But I guess, that is not the correct thing and also you should offer links and not ask developers to search for the stuff themselves.

• What is wrong with date and time in last 8.0.1l versions?
    If I configure ntp it shows 2019 year and wrong time and if I change ntp server it switch time back to 1 Jan 2015 and shows wrong time.
    In previous releases it was correct without any intervention.

Edited once, last by boot2k3 (May 21, 2017 at 11:32 AM).

• To the people complaining about hevc without providing sample files: I just checked the latest "[pseudo]" encode (Black Lagoon, by the way), which played fine on both S905 and S905X. What files exactly do you have any trouble with?

This is not to say that all is fine with hevc, I found a sample that plays fine on S905 but not on S905X and discussed it here: thread-7559.html (it also has some nice framedrops when displaying the chinese subtitles).

• To the people complaining about hevc without providing sample files: I just checked the latest "[pseudo]" encode (Black Lagoon, by the way), which played fine on both S905 and S905X. What files exactly do you have any trouble with?

All of pseudo's Gintama releases in x265 (720p). Mine's an S905X box.

Cheers.

• Hi kszaq,

would it be possible for you to make an agile build for these S905/S905x boxes, too?
    Raybuntu is already providing some for odroid c2, but these are not running on my S905X box..
    I would love to test Netflix on Libreelec and I think others would also like to do so..
    Or are there any dificulties, that stop you from build an image?

Thanks for the work you've done till now.

Reey

• Question; with the current SMB1 WannaCry exploit floating around, I actually wanted to turn off SMB1 protocols and just use SMB2/3. However, after disabling SMB1, Kodi can no longer acces my SMB shares. It looks to me like it is using SMB1 protocols. Is there any way in order to force Kodi/LE to use version 2 and up?

Edit; I did find this thread:

SMB2 support

But i am unsure if this would work for LE and if the location is exactly the same? Note: I want to turn on SMB1 shares seeing as my SMB shares are on a HPE Micro8 server that is in constant connection with the internet.

Edit 2:

Ok, so you need to place the smb.conf in this location: /storage/.config/samba.conf (or in the Samba folder 'Config' ) and add this:

Code
    client max protocol = SMB3

The reboot and disable SMB1 on your server. Reboot that and it should work just fine.

Edit 3: Nope, that did not work. Changed it in bot the hidden .smb folder and the .config folder to no avail. As soon as I turn off SMB1; Kodi cannot connect via SMB anymore. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited once, last by Notna (May 22, 2017 at 7:21 AM).

• Hello I finally managed to install LibreELEC 8.0.1l on my Khadas Vim S905X box with 2GB RAM & 8GB ROM using a microSD card, connected to my Samsung TV. I'm unable to hear any sound in LibreELEC, I've checked that my device isn't muted. Audio output device is greyed out and shows "Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)", but sound plays well and good on Android Nougat installed on the eMMc though. I've attached the logfile link with this post.

LQWV

I couldn't upload the zip file here, so I put up the content in pastebin.

Kodi_log zipfile contents - Pastebin.com

Thank you in advance.

• Ok, Gintama fails quite hard. My Nvidia 960 can play it in hardware mode, on the S905 one gets a slideshow with sound. Here is a link to test:
    Download File: [AnimeRG] Gintama - NCED_20 [720p] [x265] [pseudo].mkv - filecloud.io

The reason why kszaq said it was a joke is cos you guys talk about forbidden stuff on here for kodi.
    I know those play bad on stuff after 8.0.1a, but if you still cant provide legal samples where it does the same, he cant really help with that.