[S905][Krypton][Bug] Frame drops when displaying subtitles

• I watch a lot of media with subtitles, and there appears to be a short spike in cpu/gpu usage when subtitles are rendered in kodi krypton, resulting in single or multiple frame drops. I finally found a file where this frame drop is easily visible, especially with the default mixed chinese/english subtitle track:

File-Upload.net - SubtitlesFrameDropTest.mkv

It is very pronounced with 8.0.1f, but the effect has been visible with the older krypton versions as well. On LE Jarvis, it is fine (just tested it again).

[Edit: S905X shows same behaviour, but for whatever reason cannot play this test file. I will try to find another easily visible example. Until then removed the S905X tag]

Edited once, last by mmpp (April 17, 2017 at 2:19 PM).

• Now this is weird: This file can be played fine by my two S905 boxes, but the S905X will not play it at all... It is the first file I found where this happens. I need to check further.
    [hr]
    Went back to LE 8.0.0e, same issue. Even weirder: When I activate debug logging, le hangs completely when I try to play the video. Broken log remains: PAxQhtsx

The issue stays the same if I use the full file or the short segment I uploaded.

Edited once, last by mmpp (April 17, 2017 at 2:43 PM).