[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I have found the device tree with the dtg.img files but which 1 should I use for the beelink minimx III??

All details on how to install are here #1
    Chip s905 or s905x
    Ram 1gb or 2gb
    Ethernet 100 or 1000
    These are the critical specs of your box when choosing device Tree.
    Brand names are not.

• @ kszaq

Sorry didn´t know he is using your work
    there is a fault in my description above
    - but I sorted my problem out now and have a better description :

if I use HDMI 5.1 Audio setting as default plus passtrough with activated dolby digital 5.1 and dts 5.1

starting a video : both ok. Receiver shows dolby digital or dts logo

Starting live tv with dolby digital 5.1 : logo not shown and only surround channel effects but no speech (no center channel)
    with live tv I have to go back in settings and changing back to 2 channel and activating dolby transcoding to get dolby digital

do they use different players ? In older kodi Versions there was e.g. paplayer and omxplayer
    Can I configure kodi in advanced settings to use the same player for live tv as used for video playback
    or is that issue somewhere else?

Edited once, last by bylderup (May 16, 2017 at 9:38 AM).

• The awesome build I currently use with Kodi 16.1 was a previous build by kszaq specfic for the beelink minimx III.
    Kszaq did you make a specfic build using kodi17 for the beelink? or are they more generic builds now?

I have never made any build for a specific device.

• I have the same problem with livetv for DD 5.1 passtrough. For video playback it works correctly, but for livetv I hear only left and right channel.
    Does it perform decoding in other way for livetv?

Edited once, last by boot2k3 (May 16, 2017 at 9:56 AM).

• AlexELEC uses my code as a base (and changes commit author as if it was his work)

Hi kszaq,
    I'm sorry if I offended you. I in no way claim to Your merits.
    Let me explain. I do not make Pull request (the structure is slightly different), I make the changes manually. And I write comments for myself, I did not think that someone is reading them.

Once again, I ask you to excuse me. And thank you for your work.

• I have never made any build for a specific device.

Sorry I thought it was 1 of your builds I was already using :-/ I installed it around a year ago the links are gone so development must have stopped. I still have the files somewhere which i used to flash the beelink. Not sure if there would be of use to make the remote work??

• Sorry I thought it was 1 of your builds I was already using :-/ I installed it around a year ago the links are gone so development must have stopped. I still have the files somewhere which i used to flash the beelink. Not sure if there would be of use to make the remote work??

Recommended: Go find a remote.conf specific to your box, with good feedback, download it, and place it in the root of the external flash device LibreELEC is installed on.

Might work alternative: Find the remote.conf file the older unknown build you are using, is using, and place it in same location given above.

• Recommended: Go find a remote.conf specific to your box, with good feedback, download it, and place it in the root of the external flash device LibreELEC is installed on.

Might work alternative: Find the remote.conf file the older unknown build you are using, is using, and place it in same location given above.

OK will try this later..Thanks :)

• I'm trying to set up the auto update but cant seem to find the address needed to input in the settings . . .

There is no auto update implemented yet for these builds.
    What appears to be, perhaps, something that might eventually evolve into auto-update can be found at this thread , in particular here but, at present, available builds still must be checked / installed manually from the LE configuration page

• I would like to chime in that with my tvheadend setup, there are no problems switching between different channels (SD, HD, FHD, 4k) and switching times are excellent.

(I should add: with the regular "k" version)

Edited once, last by mmpp (May 16, 2017 at 1:56 PM).

• An S905(X) is not powerful enough for 3D LUTs.
    I assume it is therefore disabled by default for all AMLogic devices.

You need a powerful Intel CPU to use this feature.

TV console to kill Pro (S912, video Mali 820), was also established (set) optimized LibreElec 8, 912 of the processor and the control mode color mode 3D-LUT, so no. There was information that in Linux Kodi has appeared color management to build a 3D-LUT.

• Hi
    i am running K on the Tx3 Pro... and its fast! But it will reboot somtimes now... just like on the raspberry pi when you overclock it to the max...

• Recommended: Go find a remote.conf specific to your box, with good feedback, download it, and place it in the root of the external flash device LibreELEC is installed on.

I managed to get the remote.conf from my older libreelec install as all the remote buttons work as should on that install.
    I then downloaded LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1k-temp_sensor_disabled.img which seems to work ok and not freeze!
    The problem I am having is that I cannot upload the remote.conf file to the etc/amremote folder, it looks like I dont have permission. Im using filezilla to access the system files.
    Any help on how to put the file in the folder would be appreciated :)
    I have also uploaded the remote.conf file here 2fIGs5onrR (it will need renaming to .conf) incase its of use to anyone else with a Beelink MINI MXIII II TV Box.

Edited once, last by snoopd (May 16, 2017 at 10:30 PM).

• I managed to get the remote.conf from my older libreelec install as all the remote buttons work as should on that install.
    The problem I am having is that I cannot upload the remote.conf file to the etc/amremote folder, it looks like I dont have permission. Im using filezilla to access the system files.

The remote.conf needs to sit in storage/.config. System is read-only.