[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I install a minix rom to nand, and then my sd libreelec and nand android rom is lost the fix mac adress.
    Every reboot i have new mac adress to my mini MX v1 (1/8)
    Any solution can someone?

• 8.0.1k-rc2

Still micro stutter when the first line of subtitles is showing up. After that playback is smooth.
    This leads to a conclusion that there's something worng with subtitles rendering.
    I installed today 8.0.1a to check if the problem was present in previous build and yes, it is.

Is it possible and easy enough to port parts responsible for subtitles displaying from Jarvis to Krypton?
    Just a thought....

• Still micro stutter when the first line of subtitles is showing up. After that playback is smooth.

I told you many times that this is a general Kodi issue. I haven't claimed to fix this.

Unfortunately I bet it's the VideoPlayer changes that broke this, subtitles rendering is almost untouched.

Edited once, last by kszaq (May 12, 2017 at 2:16 PM).

• 8.0.1k-rc2

Still micro stutter when the first line of subtitles is showing up. After that playback is smooth.
    This leads to a conclusion that there's something worng with subtitles rendering.
    I installed today 8.0.1a to check if the problem was present in previous build and yes, it is.

Since you mentioned it, I carefully checked my MXQ Pro S905 running on an LE v8.0.1j connected to an old analog TV through a mini HDMI2AV adapter and could not detect such an issue with the 1st line of subtitles. Perhaps, my eyes are not sharp enough to detect the anomaly, or perhaps this problem does not exist on my MXQ Pro S905 unit, or even perhaps such an anomaly gets filtered out by the mini HDMI2AV adapter.

• On the latest Rc2 that I just installed, I am getting an information overlay in the top left corner (Log, memory and cpu), can't figure out how to remove it....

Sounds like you have logging enabled: Settings - System - Enable debug logging turn it off if it's on

ON

OFF

Edited once, last by dazed (May 12, 2017 at 6:26 PM).

• Skipping (FW/RW) issues seem to be fixed in k-rc2. I only had the issue with LiveTV (MythPVR) but this is a big win in my house. Wife is constantly saying "Did you see that?" then skipping back 30 seconds.

Still having weird refresh rate switching issues. Seems like it switches twice on a channel change. Screen initially goes blank for a sec or two as expected, but then it occurs again appx 3-4 seconds later.

Oddly (and perhaps a clue) enabling MythPVR's built in demuxing seems to solve the issue. However this makes me a bit nervous because the demuxing feature has been removed from the latest versions of the add-on.

• Yes! Version K has to be the bestest ever!!! at last!!! I will not upgrade just to have that showing in the info screen!!

Now seriously, I have tested the Skipping (FW/RW) issues and it works really nice.

• I told you many times that this is a general Kodi issue. I haven't claimed to fix this.

Unfortunately I bet it's the VideoPlayer changes that broke this, subtitles rendering is almost untouched.

Apart from that; you should really ask yourself how much time you would want to spend on even fixing this. I mean; what are we even talking about? 1 microstutter when you enable a sub?

• Registered to say THANK YOU for creating this! :cool:

I just got a Mini M8S II S905X with 1 GB RAM and installed 8.0.1j (2017-05-02) using USB and everything works great! My goal was to be able to play 4K + Atmos from my network drive and it's been flawless so far over an ethernet cable (box not good enough to stream this over wireless).