[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• So i missed Player Debug !
    I just tried Long Press "i" on keyboard and that didn't work displaying Player Debug ?
    Sorry my main box is Jarvis.
    I use the MiniMx s905 1gb/8gb for Krypton Testing.

In Krypton CodecInfo has been replaced by PlayerProcessInfo, the "O" on keyboard Codecinfo - Official Kodi Wiki PlayerDebug is "CTRL +SHIFT+O"

So PlayerProcessInfo "o"

PlayerDebug "CTRL +SHIFT+O"

Edited once, last by dazed (May 2, 2017 at 2:21 PM).

• PlayerDebug "CTRL +SHIFT+O"

That combination Does Nothing On My Screen.

In Krypton CodecInfo has been replaced by PlayerProcessInfo, the "O" on keyboard Codecinfo - Official Kodi Wiki PlayerDebug is "CTRL +SHIFT+O"

Totally Ridiculous. What on Earth."Default keymaps will be adjusted to use this new window (i.e., the "o" key will automatically use the new window). Custom keymaps should change

What about Default PlayerDebug keymaps. ?????

Edited once, last by kostaman (May 2, 2017 at 2:59 PM).

• Just wanted to chime in because I have this same issue with my MXQ Pro 4k p201. I was originally trying with the 1GB p201 file, but later tried the MXQ Pro 4k one even though it's p200. It seems to me as if the installtointernal command is actually treating the inserted USB or SD Card as the internal drive. It will boot from the external device every time after installtointernal is run, buf if that device is removed, I only get a black screen. rebootfromnand and the Kodi Power option to reboot from internal always boot from the external drive as well. I've reflashed my boxes firmware a few times (also tried a couple of custom roms from freaktab to see if the firmware was the issue), but I'm getting the same results. Runs great from usb/sd, will never boot from internal.

Replying to my own post in case anyone else is having the same issues (although I'm still not much help). I've tried every image and device tree that I could, and I still have the same issue. It also does still seem to me as if the sd card or usb is being treated as the nand. the sd card has been re-labelled as "BOOT", and has a number of new files created. Looks like I won't be able to install libreelec on this box, which is unfortunate, as I did install it on my K1 Plus, and it's breathed new life into that box.

• Thanks for your hard work kszaq.

I just tested 8.0.1j.
    Unfortunately I am still seeing massive frame skips, have a look:

The remux in question does not even have a very high average bitrate (23500 kbit/s video + 4100 kbit/s audio = below 30 mbit/s average, peaks maybe at 40 mbit/s), so network speed can hardly be a limitation.
    Video only ran for a few minutes.
    Again, this plays perfectly in Jarvis. Not a single skip.

• Amlogic support in Kod Krypton is a backported from Kodi master best-effort approach, not everything is guaranteed to be perfectly smooth, there are still many glitches. I am not the author of the code, I don't know C++, I can only tinker with code and see if it improves anything.

If you report any issue, you have to post a sample so that I can reproduce it, try to find the issue and if I can't fix it - forward it to people with more knowledge.

Do not compare Krypton to Jarvis. Kodi Krypton has a very different approach to Video decoding that stresses CPU more.

Edited once, last by kszaq (May 2, 2017 at 3:56 PM).

• That combination Does Nothing On My Screen.

Totally Ridiculous. What on Earth."Default keymaps will be adjusted to use this new window (i.e., the "o" key will automatically use the new window). Custom keymaps should change

What about Default PlayerDebug keymaps. ?????

There is multiple threads on the Kodi forums about it [NEW] Revised Codec and Playback info overlay discussions and suggestions from the post linked in that thread from FernetMenta

PlayerDebug is for developers knowing what those values are. It is not metadata.

Anyway for kepmaps i have my remote one like this
    [code=php]
    <FullscreenVideo>
    <remote>
    <title>Info</title>
    <red>Playlist</red>
    <green>PlayerProcessInfo</green>
    <yellow>PlayerDebug</yellow>
    <blue>ShowSubtitle</blue>
    </remote>
    </FullscreenVideo>
    [/php]

• kszaq:
    I cannot post a sample of the files in question - at least I don't know how to.
    When I use Avidemux to cut out a sample, HD audio is lost - so the sample is no longer representative.
    This is why I can only rely on you testing another similar remux.
    This is just untouched video+audio from a Blu-ray muxed into an mkv container.
    Basic AVC [email protected].
    It does happen on every comparable video with a relatively high bitrate.

I am not blaming you for anything here, I know this is not your fault.
    I am simply reporting that I tested your new build and this issue is not fixed.
    [hr]

jd17
    is there a LE8 version that you have tested that works?

Not for my S905X box, no.

LE8 has been practically flawless on my RPi2 since long before the first official release.

Edited once, last by jd17 (May 2, 2017 at 4:13 PM).

• what can we do / what information should we supply to improve standby?
    my device shuts of quickly but never wakes up again (only led color changes) when using standby

For me switching to HDMI2 and back to HDMI1 works to receive normal picture or power off and power on my TV.
    Or resume box first, after power on the TV.

• I have a MiniMx 1GB 8GB connected to a 40-inch samsung. Now I'm using version 8.0.1h. I have a problem with hdmi cec: the tv turns on properly when I turn the box on, but every now and then, it happens that when i turn it off, the tv goes out first, then the box, but then the tv resumes and stays on. Do I have to set something in hdmi cec?