[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I have tested versions 8.0.1b, c, d, e, f, h (version g I skipped).
    Last version where I had no problem with this test files is "d". There are all files plays smoothly and Dolby THD plays correctly. From version "e" to "h" I have jerky playing on some files (seems some 30fps high bitrate files) and no Dolby THD. All version tested on the same setup. LAN connect is no problem, the same result is on USB. AV receiver works properly, there is no problem too.
    Thank you very much for your work!

Thank you for testing and providing your results. I think I'll make something out of it...
    [hr]
    8.0.1i is available to download from Index of /s905/8.0.1i/

I wasn't able to test it properly so no update to OP yet, please install only if you know how to downgrade if anything goes wrong. ;)

Changes include chapter skip/channel switch improvements from afl1, CEC improvement from GDPR-1, THD/Atmos fix, audio noise on boot fix, high bitrate video playback fix and backported Ethernet driver from Nougat kernel - Amlogic says in commit history that suspend should now work...

Edited once, last by kszaq (April 30, 2017 at 9:10 PM).

• Hi kszaq, I've installed 8.0.1i on my NexboxA95 (S905Box using gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb Device tree).
    With 8.0.1i I have no audio on SPDIF (audio over HDMI works). After Downgrade to 8.0.1ih, audio on SPDIF worked again.

If you need any logfile, plase let me know what I shalll generate.

So my box is useless when it comes to LibreElec and I am stuck to Android?
    I will bring it back to the dealer then, since the ad says : Chipset: Amlogic S905 Quad-Core [email protected]

Which S905 or S905x do you recommend if I want to install LibreElec ?

So you know for sure, or for next time download CPU-Z

details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z&hl=en

and go to the SOC tab and look under archetecture it should say A53-Cortex(S905)... not A7-Cortex (Rockchip)

As for which one to buy: the ODROID_C2 (Some assembly may be required case, etc)

I have a GooBangDoo Master, which works fine with LibreElec.

For a better answer, let everyone know what you want to do with your box. ie dual boot android/libreelec, 4k? HEVC?10bit?, wifi/wired, all that fancy audio stuff like DTS surround, spdif I know very little about.

Hope you do good this time around :)

Gary

Edited once, last by gary9872 (April 30, 2017 at 5:02 PM).

• There is no network folder in /etc and I can't create one because it tells me the filesystem is read only.

• There is no network folder in /etc and I can't create one because it tells me the filesystem is read only.

Oops, sorry :(

I also have Ubuntu 17.04 running on my KI Plus clone.
    This must have been the solution I used under Ubuntu.
    It seems that it does not work on LE.

Sorry for the noise.

Chris

• Hi kszaq, I've installed 8.0.1i on my NexboxA95 (S905Box using gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb Device tree).
    With 8.0.1i I have no audio on SPDIF (audio over HDMI works). After Downgrade to 8.0.1ih, audio on SPDIF worked again.

If you need any logfile, plase let me know what I shalll generate.

I can confirm this : clean install, sound bar connected to SPDIF, no sound at all using passthrough on 8.0.1i

• Install a terminal emulator on android, and type "reboot update" without the quotes ofcourse. If that doesn't do the trick make sure your USB is inserted in USB-1 of USB-4 and that your USB is bootable.

Thanks GianniDPC,

But according to the developer of LibreElec it will never work on my box, since it has the Rockchip 322_x onboard.

I am looking now for a Minix Neo U1, I have been told that you can't go wrong with those !

Rob

• In the version 8.0-8.0.1i version (LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1i-temp_sensor_disabled.img.gz) the spdif sound passtrough does not work anymore for me.
    I'm not able to create a log file now. When I downgrade to 8.0-8.0.1h version it works again.

Does anybody have the same problem?
    Update. I see ippon has the same problem (thread-2156-post-47633.html#pid47633).

Edited once, last by zed85 (April 30, 2017 at 7:10 PM).

• I also had probelems with MAC Address on my Nexbox A95. All configuration with ifconfig worked but the box was very unstable. The sulution that worked for me was poted here:
    thread-2139.html?highlight=duplicate mac

Create file '99-mac-address.rules' in 'udev.rules.d' subfolder under 'configfiles' folder. Use the following format within rules file. Label your mac's as you like.

SUBSYSTEM=="net", KERNEL=="wlan0", RUN+="/sbin/ip link set dev %k address D8:FC:93:6F:29:01"
    SUBSYSTEM=="net", KERNEL=="eth0", RUN+="/sbin/ip link set dev %k address D8:FC:93:6F:29:02"

• Thank you for testing and providing your results. I think I'll make something out of it...
    [hr]
    8.0.1i is available to download from Index of /s905/8.0.1i/ Edit: Recompiling...

I wasn't able to test it properly so no update to OP yet, please install only if you know how to downgrade if anything goes wrong. ;)

Changes include chapter skip/channel switch improvements from afl1, CEC improvement from GDPR-1, THD/Atmos fix, audio noise on boot fix, high bitrate video playback fix and backported Ethernet driver from Nougat kernel - Amlogic says in commit history that suspend should now work...

From ver g, include this ver i, YouTube videos with /1001 framerate via yt addon are switch tv set twice to freq mode.
    Movies from nas work well.

• I tried all the solutions in that thread but none of them seem to work, it keeps assigning a new MAC address. I find it strange that spoofing the MAC like the examples in the thread have no effect.
    @kszaq can you take a look at this problem? If I need to provide anymore log files etc. just ask me and I will provide ASAP.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | grep RTL871
    [   14.255577@2] RTL871X: module init start
    [   14.255591@2] RTL871X: rtl8189es v4.3.18.2_17395.20160422
    [   15.365350@2] RTL871X: ERROR invalid mac addr:00:00:00:00:00:00, assign random MAC
    [   15.365860@2] RTL871X: rtw_ndev_init(wlan0) if1 mac_addr=00:e0:4c:62:6f:6c
    [   15.396930@2] RTL871X: module init ret=0
    LibreELEC:~ #

Edited once, last by GianniDPC (April 30, 2017 at 10:27 PM).