Posts by Robert2912

Install a terminal emulator on android, and type "reboot update" without the quotes ofcourse. If that doesn't do the trick make sure your USB is inserted in USB-1 of USB-4 and that your USB is bootable.

Thanks GianniDPC,

But according to the developer of LibreElec it will never work on my box, since it has the Rockchip 322_x onboard.

I am looking now for a Minix Neo U1, I have been told that you can't go wrong with those !

Rob

Thanks Gary,

So my box is useless when it comes to LibreElec and I am stuck to Android?
    I will bring it back to the dealer then, since the ad says : Chipset: Amlogic S905 Quad-Core [email protected]

Which S905 or S905x do you recommend if I want to install LibreElec ?

Thanks,

Rob
    [hr]

I confirm post above: you have a Rockchip box, not Amlogic. For now the only Rockchip with (preview) support is RK3288: Omegamoon blog

Thanks kszaq, no wonder it doesn't work.
    However, pretty weird that the ANdroid system settings screen says "S905" in grey in the upper left corner..
    Only when you reset it you will find out that the backup and restore menu show you RK322_x

Looks like the dealer didn't sold me what he advertised: Chipset: Amlogic S905 Quad-Core [email protected]
    Reason for me to go back Monday and ask for a S905 or S905x box

Any suggestions what to ask for ?

Thanks,

Rob

kszaq and all the other experts out there!

Let me first let you know that I appreciate the hard work very much.

I have my MXQ Pro 4K for a week now and got Kodi with some nice add-ons up and running.

Since I am not a big Android fan I would love to try the LibreElec version. I followed all the instructions to create a SD card to be able to boot my device in the LibreElec mode instead of Android mode.

However, not one of the S905 device trees works for me :(

When I look in the android system menu it says "S905", so thats clear.

When i try to boot to LibreElec with the tooth pick method nothing happens when i have the reset button pressed in and then put the power on. After 15 seconds the ANDROID logo appears, and when I release the switch then I come into the standard backup/boot menu from Android: it gaves the following information: rk322_x-box userdebug 5.1.1 LMY49F 20170303.

Since Android says it is a S905 I have used : LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1h.img.gz 23-Apr-2017 21:35

I then tried every available device tree from Index of /s905/device_trees/ and renamed the file every time in dtb.img, overwriting the original file in the LibreElec software.
    However I was never able to reboot my device to LibreElec :(

So please help: What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

kszaq and all the other experts out there!

Let me first let you know that I appreciate the hard work very much.

I have my MXQ Pro 4K for a week now and got Kodi with some nice add-ons up and running.

Since I am not a big Android fan I would love to try the LibreElec version. I followed all the instructions to create a SD card to be able to boot my device in the LibreElec mode instead of Android mode.

However, not one of the S905 device trees works for me :(

When I look in the android system menu it says "S905", so thats clear.

When i try to boot to LibreElec with the tooth pick method nothing happens when i have the reset button pressed in and then put the power on. After 15 seconds the ANDROID logo appears, and when I release the switch then I come into the standard backup/boot menu from Android: it gaves the following information: rk322_x-box userdebug 5.1.1 LMY49F 20170303.

Since Android says it is a S905 I have used : LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1h.img.gz 23-Apr-2017 21:35

I then tried every available device tree from Index of /s905/device_trees/ and renamed the file every time in dtb.img, overwriting the original file in the LibreElec software.
    However I was never able to reboot my device to LibreElec :(

So please help: What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

Rob