[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Hi, thank you.
    Jellyfish plays smoothly without drops and skips, but I have no sound - Dolby THD Passthrough is not working.
    Peter Gabriel and Italy demo plays still very jerky with lot of frame skips.

Pls, provide kodi log with Enabled debug logging and Enabled component specific logging ->Verbose logging for Video component.

• Is anyone else having problems with networking?

I mean when I connect wirelessly it works fine until I reboot, when I reboot the network is forgotten.
    I also noticed when using LAN I get a new IP-address assigned on every reboot, seems that LibreELEC isn't saving or loading my network settings? Can I solve this somehow? I'm using a OTT MXQ PRO 4K (Amlogic S905).

• Thanks for the link yatoya. How do I apply this to LE/Krypton?

Thought it through and figured it out. Thanks for the file. Seems to have fixed the audio sync.
    [hr]
    [hr]
    [hr]
    With this recent version (H) I noticed that when I shut down My M18 or GT1 that the user sign-in and password for PleXBMC are cleared. I have to enter in the user and password information every time I start PleXBMC. This has not been a problem in the past.
    I'm using Hippojay's PleXBMC V 4.0 beta versus the official addon.
    Something changed and I'm hoping this can be corrected. There may be other addons that require userid and password that are impacted.
    Any suggestions to resolve this?

Edited once, last by doggyofone (April 29, 2017 at 1:51 PM).

• I have just put LibreELEC 8.1 onto my Wetek Play 2 and it works great except when trying to rewind a video.

If i use the either the Wetek Play 2 remote or my Logitech One/FLIRC to fast forward, the video speeds up and the time at the botton of the screen counts up until I press play when it carrys on playing.

When I try to rewind, the video stops but the time counts down, if I press play nothing happens except a blue circle appears in the centre of the screen with the number 100 inside.

Does anyone have any idea whats the problem is and how I can fix it

• Hi,
    thank you, I did it. There is kodi.log

Your playback is running from network:

Code
    13:42:57.084 T:4115681280   DEBUG: OnPlayMedia nfs://192.168.1.101/mnt/HD/HD_b2/Tmp/Samsung_UHD_7Wonders_of_the_World_Italy.mkv

Pls, for test try to run from USB disk. I see massive late frame skipping:

Also in your log I see audio passthrough is correctly set and opened for TrueHD in 'jellyfish-140-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv''. Check your AV receiver.

Only LE issue I found in 'Peter_Gabriel_BDRip_Test.m2t' is invalid framerate:90000 detection, causing to start playback at 50fps and then switching to correct 59.97fps. It looks like bug in ffmpeg. I temporary fixed it in this case using 59.97fps instead of 50fps.

• Only LE issue I found in 'Peter_Gabriel_BDRip_Test.m2t' is invalid framerate:90000 detection, causing to start playback at 50fps and then switching to correct 59.97fps. It looks like bug in ffmpeg. I temporary fixed it in this case using 59.97fps instead of 50fps.

This sample has issues only on S905X, not S905. I think the regression in both HEVC and H.264 high bitrate playback was introduced with amports backported from Nougat kernel, I still need to figure out how to fix this.
    [hr]

Also in your log I see audio passthrough is correctly set and opened for TrueHD in 'jellyfish-140-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv''. Check your AV receiver.

In my next build there will be one more change that might solve THD/Atmos signalling:
    sound/soc/aml/m8: fixup d7caf69: THD/Atmos signalling · kszaq/linux-amlogic-le@f24417f · GitHub

Edited once, last by kszaq (April 29, 2017 at 5:35 PM).

• This sample has issues only on S905X, not S905. I think the regression in both HEVC and H.264 high bitrate playback was introduced with amports backported from Nougat kernel, I still need to figure out how to fix this.

This issue I also found on my KI Plus (S905).

• kszaq and all the other experts out there!

Let me first let you know that I appreciate the hard work very much.

I have my MXQ Pro 4K for a week now and got Kodi with some nice add-ons up and running.

Since I am not a big Android fan I would love to try the LibreElec version. I followed all the instructions to create a SD card to be able to boot my device in the LibreElec mode instead of Android mode.

However, not one of the S905 device trees works for me :(

When I look in the android system menu it says "S905", so thats clear.

When i try to boot to LibreElec with the tooth pick method nothing happens when i have the reset button pressed in and then put the power on. After 15 seconds the ANDROID logo appears, and when I release the switch then I come into the standard backup/boot menu from Android: it gaves the following information: rk322_x-box userdebug 5.1.1 LMY49F 20170303.

Since Android says it is a S905 I have used : LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1h.img.gz 23-Apr-2017 21:35

I then tried every available device tree from Index of /s905/device_trees/ and renamed the file every time in dtb.img, overwriting the original file in the LibreElec software.
    However I was never able to reboot my device to LibreElec :(

So please help: What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Edited once, last by Robert2912 (April 29, 2017 at 6:42 PM).

• This issue I also found on my KI Plus (S905).

Hi guys, thank you for your help.
    I have tested versions 8.0.1b, c, d, e, f, h (version g I skipped).
    Last version where I had no problem with this test files is "d". There are all files plays smoothly and Dolby THD plays correctly. From version "e" to "h" I have jerky playing on some files (seems some 30fps high bitrate files) and no Dolby THD. All version tested on the same setup. LAN connect is no problem, the same result is on USB. AV receiver works properly, there is no problem too.
    Thank you very much for your work!

Edited once, last by Whitesak (April 29, 2017 at 6:40 PM).

• kszaq and all the other experts out there!

Let me first let you know that I appreciate the hard work very much.

I have my MXQ Pro 4K for a week now and got Kodi with some nice add-ons up and running.

Since I am not a big Android fan I would love to try the LibreElec version. I followed all the instructions to create a SD card to be able to boot my device in the LibreElec mode instead of Android mode.

However, not one of the S905 device trees works for me :(

When I look in the android system menu it says "S905", so thats clear.

When i try to boot to LibreElec with the tooth pick method nothing happens when i have the reset button pressed in and then put the power on. After 15 seconds the ANDROID logo appears, and when I release the switch then I come into the standard backup/boot menu from Android: it gaves the following information: rk322_x-box userdebug 5.1.1 LMY49F 20170303.

Since Android says it is a S905 I have used : LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1h.img.gz 23-Apr-2017 21:35

I then tried every available device tree from Index of /s905/device_trees/ and renamed the file every time in dtb.img, overwriting the original file in the LibreElec software.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

• [hr]

Thanks in advance,

Rob

rk322_x-box userdebug 5.1.1 LMY49F 20170303.

That's screams Rockchip not S905. You could check your build.prop file and look for the build info...but if you see the above build info there again, I think you are SOL for using a 905build.

Gary

Edited once, last by gary9872 (April 29, 2017 at 8:05 PM).

• Is anyone else having problems with networking?

I mean when I connect wirelessly it works fine until I reboot, when I reboot the network is forgotten.
    I also noticed when using LAN I get a new IP-address assigned on every reboot, seems that LibreELEC isn't saving or loading my network settings? Can I solve this somehow? I'm using a OTT MXQ PRO 4K (Amlogic S905).

I swear I responded to this... the gremlins ate it?

ssh into your box and do this.

Code
    dmesg | grep MAC

If you get something like: ERROR invalid mac addr:00:00:00:00:00:00, assign random MAC, you are probably just going to have to deal with the two problems mentioned above.

You would need to make a script that would run at boot that would change the MAC address to the same numbers every time.

You could try this... it may or may not work.

thread-2139.html

Gary

• Thanks Gary,

So my box is useless when it comes to LibreElec and I am stuck to Android?
    I will bring it back to the dealer then, since the ad says : Chipset: Amlogic S905 Quad-Core [email protected]

Which S905 or S905x do you recommend if I want to install LibreElec ?

Thanks,

Rob
    [hr]

I confirm post above: you have a Rockchip box, not Amlogic. For now the only Rockchip with (preview) support is RK3288: Omegamoon blog

Thanks kszaq, no wonder it doesn't work.
    However, pretty weird that the ANdroid system settings screen says "S905" in grey in the upper left corner..
    Only when you reset it you will find out that the backup and restore menu show you RK322_x

Looks like the dealer didn't sold me what he advertised: Chipset: Amlogic S905 Quad-Core [email protected]
    Reason for me to go back Monday and ask for a S905 or S905x box

Any suggestions what to ask for ?

Thanks,

Rob

Edited once, last by Robert2912 (April 29, 2017 at 11:38 PM).

• Edit:
    WARNING: please ignore this post.
    Sorry, this must have been the solution I used under Ubuntu on my KI Plus clone.
    It seems that it does not work on LE :(

To set the MAC address permanently, ssh into your box as root and, using a text editor, you need something like :-

Code
    auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet dhcp
          hwaddress ether 00:11:22:33:44:55

This can either be added to your /etc/network/interfaces file or else in a file eth0 in the /etc/network/interfaces.d directory.

You should replace 00:11:22:33:44:55 with your MAC address.

Obviously the above assumes that eth0 is the interface you wish to change.
    (It is generally correct for the first wired interface.)
    However you can see the interfaces on your system by running :-

Code
    ifconfig -a

Edit:
    The new settings will take effect after a reboot but for them to come into effect immediately run :-

Code
    /etc/init.d/networking restart

N.B. you will probably lose your ssh connection, especially if this is the interface you are connected through.

HTH.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Edited once, last by shadowmask (April 30, 2017 at 5:49 PM).

• Install a terminal emulator on android, and type "reboot update" without the quotes ofcourse. If that doesn't do the trick make sure your USB is inserted in USB-1 of USB-4 and that your USB is bootable.

Edited once, last by GianniDPC (April 30, 2017 at 9:52 AM).