[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Two weeks ago I put LibreELEC on an MXQ Pro 4K using the LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1h image, downloaded gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb, renamed that to dtb.img an added it to SD card. I booted the box without any single problem and my remote control worked. Today I tried a second MXQ Pro 4k, same supplier but I think a different version since the remote has small differences. I tried installing LibreELEC the same way with a fresh install on a new SD card (32 instead of 16). It boots, but my remote is not working. I connected mouse and keyboard to do the setup and connecting wireless als gave me an error: Network error. Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: remote app. After that initial error it connected, but my remote is still not working and also a USB keyboard that worked during the installation no longer works. Are these problems related to the device tree? I don’t really care about the keyboard, but getting the remote working is very important for me.

EDIT: can I try replacing the dtb on the SD card with another one? Or do I have to do a fresh start and burn the LibreELEC image on the SD card again?

Hi.
    Maybe try to load without any dtb at all, because it could be taken from internal memory of your device.
    You definitely can try other device trees (dtb) files. Actually one with Realtek WiFi may work. Try different files.
    If all parts of the box's hardware work it means you're on right device tree.

• EDIT: can I try replacing the dtb on the SD card with another one? Or do I have to do a fresh start and burn the LibreELEC image on the SD card again?

Just Replace Device Tree. Reboot.
    If it Freezes on Boot Logo, Try another dtb.
    [hr]

Maybe try to load without any dtb at all, because it could be taken from internal memory of your device.

He's got an S905 Chip not a S905X.

Edited once, last by kostaman (April 26, 2017 at 2:07 PM).

• Thanks for the fast replies! I've tried the following:

without device tree it hangs at the S905 bootscreen.
    with the original device tree in the LibreELEC image it hangs at the S905 bootscreen.
    with gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb all hardware works but no remote.
    with gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb all hardware works but no remote.

I’m guessing the last two devices trees are working for me but maybe I need to take extra steps to get the remote working? Like I said before, I have two identical boxes, it’s very strange that one works and the other is giving me headaches..

Edited once, last by freekdl (April 26, 2017 at 2:35 PM).

• Thanks for the fast replies! I've tried the following:

without device tree it hangs at the S905 bootscreen.
    with the original device tree in the LibreELEC image it hangs at the S905 bootscreen.
    with gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb all hardware works but no remote.
    with gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb all hardware works but no remote.

I’m guessing the last two devices trees are working for me but maybe I need to take extra steps to get the remote working? Like I said before, I have two identical boxes, it’s very strange that one works and the other is giving me headaches..

1. Did you check if you do not have the p212 version fot the MQX pro 4k? I made that mistake the first time (and as such grabbed the wrong dtb file: the p200 file)
    2. I did find that you need to upload the remote.config file to the proper location for the remote to work. You can find the config file here:

Originalremote.zip - Google Drive

Just upload that to the Config folder and reboot. Should do the trick (it did for me!)

• 1. Did you check if you do not have the p212 version fot the MQX pro 4k? I made that mistake the first time (and as such grabbed the wrong dtb file: the p200 file)
    2. I did find that you need to upload the remote.config file to the proper location for the remote to work. You can find the config file here:

Originalremote.zip - Google Drive

Just upload that to the Config folder and reboot. Should do the trick (it did for me!)

Just checked it and the problem box is build p201-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY47V 20161202, kernel zheng@ubuntu12 #1
    The working box is build p201pro-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY47V 20161207, kernel project1@AKRD-47 #1

Interesting that these boxes from the same vendor have different builds and kernels when there was only 10 days between purchases.

Before I continue i want to note that the remotes for these boxes were not universal, remote for box 1 only worked on box one, and vice versa.

I downloaded your remote config and replaced it with the remote config on the SD card (that's all I'm supposed to do right?) and now the remote still doesn't work BUT the remote for my working box DOES work on the second one :p So it's obvious that this remote.config file is the issue.

So I need a different remote.config for the second box. Any tips on how to find out which remote.config I need for the other remote? Can't I find it somewhere on the android part of the box?

• I did find that you need to upload the remote.config file to the proper location for the remote to work. Just upload that to the Config folder and reboot. Should do the trick (it did for me!)

By config folder do you mean remotely accessing LibreELEC and navigating to configfiles? Do I just put it there since there is no remote.config in that folder or subfolders or do I just store it in the root of the LibreELEC SD card, where there is a remote.config present?

I tried the last one with your remote.config and also a remote.config I got from the root folder from the android box (where the remote does work), but both attempts failed.

• Hey kszaq

Thanks again for your continued support, Libreelec really saved me from getting rid of my Android box.

One thing I really liked about Libreelec is that I could just plug my Sony Wireless Headset (PS4 version) dongle to the box and I could use them to watch media. This worked perfectly on Libreelec v7.

Now, I only tried this on Libreelec 8.0.1d, g and h but it doesn't work properly anymore. I only have sound coming out of the left channel. Do you have any idea of what might be causing this? Being able to use wireless headphones that I already owned was great.

• In builds with pre-Nougat kernel Kodi is not aware of fractional frame rates. Now it is. You have to set delay for fractional rates or it won't work.

Hi Kszaq,
    could you pls elaborate a little "You have to set delay for fractional rates.." If not from a fresh install, do we need to add advanced settings tweaks?
    thanks!!

• Hello,
    After updating a mini mx 1gb 8gb, from version 7.0.3.012 to 8.0.1h, the remote control button does not turn off the box, turns it on but does not turn it off. I also tried configuring it with key map editor but nothing. Did someone happen?

• Hello,
    After updating a mini mx 1gb 8gb, from version 7.0.3.012 to 8.0.1h, the remote control button does not turn off the box, turns it on but does not turn it off. I also tried configuring it with key map editor but nothing. Did someone happen?

Did you try replace the remote file?

• I've already tried in that article but I could not figure out which remote.config is right for my box. I put one in the other site but nothing changes. All the keys except the power off function.

Seeing that it turns on but not off suggests that there is nothing wrong with the remote.conf (Unfortunately) It suggests that the coding to suspend your box is now broken

What I would recommend is trying earlier versions to see if you can pin point which exact version the problem started at.

Cheers,

Gary

• Seeing that it turns on but not off suggests that there is nothing wrong with the remote.conf (Unfortunately) It suggests that the coding to suspend your box is now broken

What I would recommend is trying earlier versions to see if you can pin point which exact version the problem started at.

Cheers,

Gary

If I use the LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0.3.012j.img.gz version, the power key works either to turn on or to turn off the box. With later versions turns it on but does not turn it off

• Is it ? i really dont know. when i had K1 Plus i used realtek wifi Driver.
    Which dtb file should i use for Ampak then ?
    Can i see which WiFi Card i have in dmesg ? thanks for replying.

It say aml.29 wifi which means ?????

From what little I've found, people with this have SEEM TO have an Ampak which uses the broadcomhd driver.

Perhaps try another dtb with same specs like 2G 100M but no realteak wifi?

Perhaps asking this would be better answered at the KI / KII Pro thread?

thread-2722.html

Cheers,