[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• The last few updates have failed during reboot due to failure to decompress the img.gz file. The file is written to /storage/.update with permissions 644. If I change permissions to 777 then the update completes successfully. Is 644 the wrong permissions? Does it need the execute permission? Anyone have an idea as to why this is happening?

Update Fails
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 134980240 Apr 19 2017 LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1g-temp_sensor_disabled.img.gz

Update Successful
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 134980240 Apr 19 2017 LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1g-temp_sensor_disabled.img.gz

• Yup. My MXQ Pro OTT also exhibits this issue after upgrading from 8.0.1f to 8.0.1g.

No idea how your set up is, but works flawlessly here with an MXQ Pro 4k (P212 model with S905x socket) on practically anything I throw at it. Any examples of files that always fail? More than happy to test a few to see if it is hardware, software or otherwise related.

• No idea how your set up is, but works flawlessly here with an MXQ Pro 4k (P212 model with S905x socket) on practically anything I throw at it. Any examples of files that always fail? More than happy to test a few to see if it is hardware, software or otherwise related.

Maybe they talk about TV streaming, which is fucked
    since f or g (purple lines, banding, resolution reset, ...).

• After upgrading from 8.0.1f to 8.0.1g, I discovered that the picture freezes when changing channels using the channel up/down keys. Changing channels using the channels menu works fine.

I'm using pvr.iptvsimple-v2.4.4 with a Mini M8S II (gxl_p212_2g). Reverting back to 8.0.1f fixes the problem.

• Hi.
    I'm running 8.0.1c on my K.hadas Vim (2GB/16GB) box.
    Initially installed the image on SD card and didn't put any dtb file inside. It worked well (again, without any dtb.img).
    When I look at system overview, it never shows RAM consumption above 37% (out of 2GB). Is it possible that, because of lack of dtb, LibreElec wouldn't use/see more than 1GB of RAM in particular and use OS default values for hardware parameters in general?
    My apologies for the long post ;) .

Thanks.

Edited once, last by alexeiyo (April 20, 2017 at 5:09 PM).

• No Links To Sellers. Forum Rules

Yesterday you violated our forum rules again. And today you started to rewrite your product's name in our forum.

We have been quite clear how LibreELEC operates towards your product.
    Another attempt of advertising your beloved 2GB/16GB box will have all your messages and forum account purged.
    Three strikes and you're out.

• Hi, new member here. My box is an MXQ Pro 1GB memory. It's the model with "Quick Play" written on the top. I installed LE 8.0.1f with the gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4K.dtb device tree.

Everything is working from SD card. Wifi is working but I can't get the wired connection to work. Wired connection works with the stock Android app, though. With LE, I tried both dhcp and manual IPV4 settings. Also made sure the LE "wired connection" option is enabled. I also SSHed to the box (via wifi) and used ethtool to set the speed from 1GB to 100MB. Still doesn't work.

Any suggestions? Is there a version of LE 8.0 and a specific dtb that I should try?

Thanks.[/font]

Edited once, last by EBAL (April 20, 2017 at 5:47 PM).

• Hi.
    Initially installed the image on SD card and didn't put any dtb file inside. It worked well (again, without any dtb.img).
    When I look at system overview, it never shows RAM consumption above 37% (out of 2GB). Is it possible that, because of lack of dtb, LibreElec wouldn't use/see more than 1GB of RAM in particular and use OS default values for hardware parameters in general?
    My apologies for the long post ;) .

Thanks.

LE is a lightweight OS, you shouldn't worry about low memory consumption.
    [hr]
    EBAL You should probably use a device tree for device with 100M Ethernet. Also make sure if your box is S905 or S905X.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by kszaq (April 20, 2017 at 5:59 PM).

• Yesterday you violated our forum rules again. And today you started to rewrite your product's name in our forum.

We have been quite clear how LibreELEC operates towards your product.
    Another attempt of advertising your beloved 2GB/16GB box will have all your messages and forum account purged.
    Three strikes and you're out.

Sorry, If I unintentionally broke some forum rules, but I'm just owner of this kind of device, asking some tech questions. I'm really not advertising here anything. Bought MXQ Pro Quick Play 1GB/8GB and Sunvell T95X 2GB/8GB for my family too. As you can see I don't mind to "advertise" these boxes too. So I definitely not associated with any TV Box brand.

• EBAL You should probably use a device tree for device with 100M Ethernet. Also make sure if your box is S905 or S905X.

afaik the Quickplay boxes are S905 with Gigabit Ethernet. Does he have to use 100M build anyways?

• Sorry, I'm not familiar with every box on the market. I'm telling you to try other device trees. ;)

I always wondered which boxes you own. Can I ask you now ? :)

Klojum please dont ban him for advertising if he tells us. We still need him :D I can take the punishment xD
    /jk

Edited once, last by DMC_12 (April 20, 2017 at 6:08 PM).

• Sorry, I'm not familiar with every box on the market. I'm telling you to try other device trees. ;)

Hi, Kszaq,

Seems like you already fixed the blackout with the one commit that seems to not have made it into 8.0.1e (accidentally?):

06d73ed projects/S905: Kodi: update Nougat-style fractional frame rate patch

8.0.1f seems to work alright as well but with 8.0.1g I can't switch channels anymore (using tvheadend client).