[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Is there maybe a simple way to test and compare (quantify) the network performance between Jarvis and Krypton?
    Some SSH command to measure up/down Mbit/s?

You could do a wget, but that would test the connection speed of LibreElec and not so much Kodi which is what you would like to quantify in this case. Plus; there are add-ons for that that are far easier to use than SSH. iPerf is another option I suppose:

iPerf - The TCP, UDP and SCTP network bandwidth measurement tool

But I wonder what you would get from it. I doubt it has anything to do with LAN/WAN throughput and more to do with the coding in Kodi itself

Edited once, last by kszaq (April 18, 2017 at 10:30 AM).

• Hi.
    Version 8.0.1f
    I played several TV Show episodes. According to their meta data, all where [email protected]. The playback was jerky (looked like skipped frames every several seconds). The same is true for v8.0.1e.
    Didn't check with other media resolutions and frame rates.
    Tried 1080p@50Hz,60Hz and UHD@50Hz,60Hz screen resolutions.
    There is no such issue with version 8.0.1c. Downgraded to it.

My device: Khadas Vim s905x (2GB/16GB).

Edited once, last by alexeiyo (April 18, 2017 at 11:14 AM).

• Decoder pipeline in Kodi is very different between Jarvis and Krypton, network speed has nothing to do with high bitrate videos stuttering.

OK, I did not know that you already ruled this out...

Jarvis build with my Frankenstein Nougat kernel plays these files smoothly.

What is that?! :D

• With the f version I was watching some minutes/hours
    of stream TV (official public TV channels), when I got
    some purple lines and disturbings into the picture and
    also sometimes the resolution reseted to 4:3 and went
    back to 16:9.

So, I thought ... okay, shit, my beamer is dying.

Well, then I switched to play local files (movies in mp4
    format) and the normal quality was back. No problems.

I will do some testing later to rule out, if my beamer is
    dying. I just went back to c and also I will do use the
    PS4 to determine, if the beamer is the issue.

• I found the same issue on S905X/S912. It starts red and green color flaring in bands with equal width. Simple switching liveTV channel fix this flaring. But after a while it appears again. This issue has nothing with overheating. I opened box and kept CPU temperatute < 60°C and the behavior was same. This flaring has never happended on S905 boxes..

Edited once, last by afl1 (April 18, 2017 at 1:06 PM).

• I found the same issue on S905X/S912. It starts red and green color flaring in bands with equal width. Simple switching liveTV channel fix this flaring. But after a while it appears again. This issue has nothing with overheating. I opened box and kept CPU temperatute < 60°C and the behavior was same. This flaring has never happended on S905 boxes..

The same issue on S912 for me. I have one liveTV channel with the same color problem on f version.

• Tried some 1080p h264 videos on the developement build as well as on 8.0.1f.
    On both audio passthrough works flawless with:
    - AC3 5.1
    - DTS 5.1
    - DTSHD MA 5.1/7.1
    - Dolby TrueHD Atmos 7.1
    - Decoding all of these to 2.0 Stereo for usage on a simple TV only works as well without issues.

DTSHD HRA seems to be a KODI issue with some AVRs, so there is only the DTS core available for me.
    23.976 fps playback seems to be smooth without frame drops, but I have to watch a few more movies and TV shows first to be absolutely sure.

Thanks for constantly enhancing Libreelec for Amlogic.

Edited once, last by honolulu1 (April 18, 2017 at 1:33 PM).

• Just a quicky to confirm that after updating from 8.0.1e to 1f on my Beeling MINI MXIII II S905X box all is good. TH eprevious problem wiht 1e withthe video calibration not beign saved seems so far to now be fixed as my calibrations at various frame rates are now maintaitned as I set them even after a full poweroff/on cold reboot. Nobody so far has mentioned about this fix being okay now, which is strange as to me this was a very important annoyhing bug to fix and so good that it now all works as it should.

Thanks immensely Kszaq fo all these great builds. Just sent you some well earned coffee in appreciation :)

Cheers
    RayW

• Hi
    I have issues with device tree on my MXQ Pro 4K.
    When using gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb sound card is not detected.
    If using gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb or gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb sound is fine but it wouldn't boot from nand!
    Here is the snippet of dmesg:

Code
    [    2.430293@1] aml-i2s-dai I2S.37: Can't retrieve mpll2 clock
    [    2.430309@1] aml-i2s-dai: probe of I2S.37 failed with error -2
    [    2.430477@1] aml_pcm_dai: pcm mode detection =0
    [    2.431050@1] aml_snd_m8_card aml_m8_snd.45: ASoC: Neither/both codec name/of_node are set for (null)
    [    2.431053@1] aml_snd_m8_card aml_m8_snd.45: register aml sound card error -22
    [    2.431056@1] aml_snd_m8_card aml_m8_snd.45: Can't probe snd_soc_card
    [    2.431063@1] aml_snd_m8_card: probe of aml_m8_snd.45 failed with error -22

I am happy to hear, I am not the only guy with that issue.

Btw, my beamer is totally going crazy with refocusing and
    resizing the screen with this problem.

I went back to c and now it seems to work again without
    that purple lines and flaring and resizing issue. I will test
    more today/tomorrow.

• I haven't had much time to test or nail down any issues on a case by case basis, but I'm back to d for now. The e and f builds both cause some really random weirdness (long blank screen delays when changing channels, "random" reboots, freezing, odd blank screen delays at the end of files.)

It's a shame because when it's actually playing f seems much smoother especially with frac rates.

• For me the new f version is perfect (mx64).
    All the test videos with different soundtrack played correct (fhd, h265/h264, dd all, dts all, aac 7.1, all ferquencies).
    Music files MP3 and flac all ok (16/24bit, 44-96-192khz, 2.0-5.1)
    Iptv client works as intended for.